Buy Veracyte: Undervalued Thyroid Opportunity With Free Options On The Pipeline
Tue, Nov. 29, 1:15 PM
- Janney Capital upgrades molecular cytology firm Veracyte (VCYT +3.9%) to Buy from Neutral.
- The company's lead tests are Afirma for assessing thyroid nodules and Percepta for lung cancer diagnosis.
Mon, Nov. 21, 4:46 PM
Thu, Nov. 3, 4:14 PM
Wed, Nov. 2, 8:27 AM
Mon, Oct. 17, 5:47 PM| Mon, Oct. 17, 5:47 PM
Thu, Sep. 8, 11:00 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 4:29 PM
Mon, Jun. 13, 4:47 PM
Thu, May 5, 4:59 PM
- Veracyte (NASDAQ:VCYT): Q1 EPS of -$0.36 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $13.55M (+20.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.47M.
Thu, Mar. 10, 4:13 PM
- Veracyte (NASDAQ:VCYT): Q4 EPS of -$0.29 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $14M (+14.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.45M.
Nov. 18, 2015, 12:47 PM
Nov. 18, 2015, 11:45 AM
- Thinly traded micro cap Veracyte (VCYT +19%) jumps on a 5x surge in volume, albeit on turnover of less than 400K shares, in response to its announcement that the reimbursement rate set by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for its Afirma GEC test will be remain at $3,200 for 2016 while the gapfill process runs its course. The revised price, if changed, will go into effect on January 1, 2017.
- CMS's decision to use a gapfill approach to pricing is bullish for the company since it will allow a higher price than its previously-planned "crosswalk" which pegged the product to other less-expensive tests. CMS uses a gapfill process for tests that have no comparables. In the first year, pricing is determined based on what carriers actually pay which serves as the basis for the formal reimbursed amount for the second year, determined by the median price paid by the carriers in year one.
- Afirma GEC (Gene Expression Classifier) is a test, offered as a service, that helps doctors reduce the number of avoidable thyroid surgeries by preoperatively identifying benign nodules among those that were originally classified by cytopathology as indeterminate. It combines cytopathology (microscopic examination of the cells) with genomic testing. If the cytopathology diagnosis is benign or malignant, the analysis is complete. The GEC is used only when the cytopathology diagnosis is indeterminate.
Nov. 5, 2015, 4:48 PM
- Veracyte (NASDAQ:VCYT): Q3 EPS of -$0.32 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $12.3M (+25.0% Y/Y) misses by $0.42M.
Aug. 13, 2015, 4:13 PM
- Veracyte (NASDAQ:VCYT): Q2 EPS of -$0.35 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $11.9M (+37.1% Y/Y) misses by $0.33M.
- Shares +2.6%.
Jun. 26, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 14, 2015, 4:09 PM
- Veracyte (NASDAQ:VCYT): Q1 EPS of -$0.34 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $11.2M (+49.3% Y/Y)