Stephen Simpson, CFA
Nov. 17, 2014, 8:49 AM
- Veolia Environnement (NYSE:VE) +2.2% premarket, in a move attributed to a 60 Minutes segment last night discussing new evidence that the earth's groundwater is being pumped out much faster than it can be replenished.
- So much groundwater has been pumped out of California's Central Valley that the U.S. Geological Survey says parts of the valley are literally sinking.
- VE is not specifically mentioned in the 60 Minutes story.
Apr. 16, 2014, 12:25 PM
- French waste and water companies Veolia Environnement (VE +3.8%) and Suez Environnement (SZEVF) both deny they are in merger talks or even studying such a project.
- A report earlier today from Exane BNP Paribas said the "stars are aligned" for the companies to revisit the idea of merging after discussing the possibility two year ago.
Feb. 27, 2014, 9:09 AM
Feb. 20, 2014, 7:45 AM
Nov. 7, 2013, 11:55 AM
- Veolia Environnement (VE +2.5%) moves higher after reporting its net financial debt stood at €9.6bn at the end of Q3 vs. €10.8B at the end of last year amid otherwise lackluster earnings results.
- Revenue for the first nine months of the year was €16.2B, down 1.9% Y/Y and in line with analysts’ expectations, but adjusted operating income rose 20.4% to €621M during the nine months.
- VE says the conclusion of talks under way with French electricity utility EDF (ECIFF, ECIFY) to divide Dalkia’s business would lead to VE taking over 100% of Dalkia’s international activities.
Aug. 23, 2013, 10:47 AM
- Veolia Environnement SA (VE -2.5%) slips this morning on the back of a downgrade by Goldman Sachs to Neutral from Buy on valuation.
- The firm says earnings came in below its forecast, largely on what it sees as a buildup in pricing pressures.
- No price target information was available.
- Of note: The stock has been on a tear since Goldman upgraded the shares in a remarkably well-timed call in early July, having rocketed over 40% during the short period.
Aug. 21, 2013, 9:22 AM| Aug. 21, 2013, 9:22 AM
Aug. 21, 2013, 9:14 AM
Jul. 10, 2013, 2:38 PM
Veolia Environment (VE +4.3%) spikes after Goldman upgrades the shares to Buy from Neutral citing expectations of a "48% 2013-15 EPS compound annual growth rate" which analyst Dario Carradori notes only assumes "the company achieves 50% of its cost cutting target." Ultimately, VE's "significant restructuring potential" makes for "an attractive risk/ reward profile."| Jul. 10, 2013, 2:38 PM | 1 Comment
Dec. 11, 2012, 9:10 AM
Aug. 2, 2012, 9:10 AMPremarket gainers: UNTD +16%. FSLR +16%. CAVM +11%. GMCR +10%. GILD +8%. GPS +7%. VHC +7%. PWR +7%. YGE +7%.
Losers: KCG -57%. HALO -56%. MTG -40%. ARO -28%. SLTM -15%. LPSN -15%. ANF -15%. INCY -13%. VE -11%. BBVA -10%. SEE -10%. MWW -8%. RDN -7%. SAN -7%. NAV -7%. BWP -5%. BMY -5%. MTL -5%. | Aug. 2, 2012, 9:10 AM | 1 Comment
Aug. 2, 2012, 8:18 AM
Veolia Environnement (VE) tumbles 10% in Paris trading after saying it will increase cost cutting, as the deteriorating economy in Europe forced it to book €89M ($108.8M) of writedowns in Italy, even as it swung back to a net profit of €153M in H1. BAML says investors likely will remain concerned about further writedowns, downgrading the stock to Neutral from Buy.| Aug. 2, 2012, 8:18 AM
Jul. 19, 2012, 3:16 AM
Veolia Environnement (VE) sells its U.S. waste management business to infrastructure fund manager Highstar Capital Star for $1.909B to help repay debts. Including this deal, Veolia has achieved 60% of its planned €5B asset divestment program. Veolia +3.9% in Paris. (PR)| Jul. 19, 2012, 3:16 AM | 2 Comments
Jul. 5, 2012, 9:56 AM
Jul. 5, 2012, 9:10 AM
Jun. 15, 2012, 9:38 AM
Efforts by Veolia Environnement (VE +3.4%) to address its debt and recurring lack of profitability through asset disposals may bear fruit by the end of the summer, WSJ reports. VE's plans include selling up to €5B in assets in 2012-13 and slashing more than €400M in spending; a disposal of its U.K. water business is "near certain."| Jun. 15, 2012, 9:38 AM