Thu, Oct. 13, 3:51 PM
- Dividend strategies in general have done well this year, and dividend growth has outperformed since interest rates began their sharp rise in late summer.
- Evercore's Ahbra Banerji suggests even better returns by adding a screen for low payout ratios. Banerji and team tested large-caps, mid-caps, and small-caps, and found combining dividend yield, payout ratio, and growth outperformed simpler dividend strategies.
- His top picks using that troika: VF Corp (NYSE:VFC), with a 2.6% yield and 53.4% payout ratio; Tiffany (NYSE:TIF) 2.3% yield and 48.2% payout ratio; Marathon Petroleum (NYSE:MPC) 3.3% yield and 36.3% payout ratio; Phillips 66 (NYSE:PSX) 3% yield and 41.1% payout ratio; BB&T 3% and 42.7% payout ratio.
- ETFs: DVY, VIG, SDY, SCHD, NOBL, SDOG, ADX, DLN, DGRW, DHS, FDL, DTD, FVD, DVYL, PFM, SDYL, DGRO, JTD, LCEAX, RDVY, DIVC, REGL, LEAD, FDRR, FDVV
Wed, Sep. 7, 9:09 AM
Oct. 20, 2014, 7:37 AM
- V.F. Corporation (NYSE:VFC) declares $0.32/share quarterly dividend, 21.90% increase from prior dividend of $0.2625
- Forward yield 2.01%
- Payable Dec. 19; for shareholders of record Dec. 9; ex-div Dec. 5.
Oct. 21, 2013, 7:06 AM
- V.F. Corporation (VFC) declares $1.05/share quarterly dividend, 20.7% increase from prior dividend of $0.87.
- Forward yield 2.06%
- Payable Dec. 20; for shareholders of record Dec. 10; ex-div Dec. 6.
- The board announced four for one split payable in the form of stock dividend.