Vonage Holdings Corp.NYSE
Vonage's Dramatic Transition Led By Google's Former Head Of Apps And Chrome Has Gone Largely Unnoticed
ACM Research Team • 11 Comments
ACM Research Team • 11 Comments
Wed, Oct. 26, 12:45 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 9:25 AM
- Vonage Holdings (NYSE:VG) is enjoying a premarket boost of 5.9% after a Q3 earnings report where revenues grew 11%, profits tripled on a GAAP basis, and the company beat expectations thanks to continuing strong business sales.
- Adjusted net income rose to $19M from a year-ago $11M, and adjusted OIBDA rose to $41M.
- Revenue by segment: Consumer, $142M (-14.6%); Business, $106.3M (up 24%).
- Ending seats at Vonage Business were 616,000, up from a year-ago 514,000; Business revenue churn was 1.4% vs. a prior 1.3%. Consumer customer churn improved slightly to 2.2% from a year-ago 2.3%.
- With better visibility, it's boosting full-year guidance on its business revenues to $374M-$377M from a previous $365M-$370M, and raising guidance on adjusted OIBDA to $158M-$160M from "at least $150M." It still expects GAAP revenue of $950M-$960M, in line with expectations.
- Press Release
Wed, Oct. 26, 9:12 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 8:02 AM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:30 PM
- AB, AGCO, AIT, ALLY, AOS, AVX, AVY, BA, BCO, BEN, BIIB, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CG, CMCSA, DTE, ENTG, EVR, EXAS, FDML, FLIR, GD, GNRC, GRA, GRMN, GRUB, HBAN, HES, HLT, IR, KO, LEA, LH, LRN, LUV, MDCO, MDLZ, MKTX, MMYT, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PAG, PB, POL, RES, ROL, SAIA, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SONS, SPG, STRA, STT, UCBI, VG, VLY, VNTV, WEC, WM, WOOF, WYN
Tue, Oct. 18, 2:34 PM
- Vonage (NYSE:VG) is up 2.9% on a day where it announced the grant of 19 new patents, bringing its total in the U.S. to 132.
- Vonage has more than 200 patent applications pending in the U.S. Its 2016 patents include coverage of improvements in "workflow integration, security, mobile and messaging enhancements, advanced call processing and voice quality," says Chief Legal Officer Kurt Rogers.
- Specifically, the patents get into areas like integration with third parties; enhancement of security (five patents); seamless wireless handover and choosing sender ID; quality-of-service enhancements including bandwidth allocation; and even intelligently reconnecting two parties who try to call each other back after a drop.
Fri, Aug. 19, 2:48 AM
- After all the hoopla around Michael Lewis' 2014 book "Flash Boys," IEX will finally launch as a stock exchange today, offering a solution to a problem not everyone agrees exists: Equity markets are "rigged" in ways that favor high-frequency trading.
- It will be a "soft" rollout, with only two stocks - Vonage (NYSE:VG) and Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) - trading at first. Eight more will be added Wednesday, followed by more on the following Monday, with all symbols trading by September 2.
Thu, Aug. 18, 9:17 AM
Tue, Aug. 2, 11:52 AM
- Vonage Holdings (NYSE:VG) is up 5.9% after Q2 earnings beat expectations amid an ongoing pivot to the business market.
- A wrapped acquisition of Nexmo contributed revenue as well as key global customers including Amazon AWS, HTC and StubHub.
- Income from operations fell due to acquisition costs; OIBDA of $40M was up 5% and beat an expected $36.2M, performance that "reflects the disciplined execution of our plan to drive significant cash flows from Consumer Services, where churn hit a ten-year low," said CEO Alan Masarek.
- Revenue by segment: Consumer Services, $148M (down 14.5%); Vonage Business, $86M (up 75%).
- The company ended the quarter with 578,000 seats at Vonage Business (up 44% Y/Y); revenue churn there was 1.4% vs. a prior-year 1.3%. Consumer churn improved to 2.1% from 2.2%.
- Press Release
Tue, Aug. 2, 8:03 AM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ACCO, ADM, AET, AFSI, ALLT, ARW, AVP, BOFI, CAH, CARB, CEQP, CHH, CIE, CMI, CPPL, CSTM, CVS, DISCA, ECL, EIGI, EMR, ENOC, EPC, ETN, ETR, EXPD, FDP, GEO, GLT, GNRC, H, HCLP, HCN, HEP, HMC, HRS, HW, IDCC, IDXX, IIVI, IPI, IQNT, JLL, MLM, MMP, MNK, MOS, MZOR, NI, NJR, NNN, NRZ, NS, NWN, OZM, PBI, PFE, PG, PNW, RCL, RDC, RHP, SABR, SALE, SCAI, SHOO, SHPG, SODA, STX, SUI, TAP, TDC, VG, VSH, WCG, WNR, WNRL, XYL, ZEUS
Thu, Jun. 30, 10:57 AM
- Vonage Holdings (NYSE:VG) has added Gary Steele to its board of directors.
- Steele is the founding CEO for security-as-a-service firm Proofpoint, and Vonage is counting on him to add software-as-a-service expertise to their growing cloud and business presence.
- Before joining Proofpoint, Steele was CEO of Portera.
- "Not only will his knowledge and understanding of the evolving enterprise SaaS market provide invaluable insights for management, but his strategic experience with global B2B service and subscription businesses will help Vonage continue to grow as we realize our mission of becoming the global leader in Cloud Communications," says Vonage CEO Alan Masarek.
Tue, Jun. 14, 12:51 PM
Thu, May 5, 10:50 AM
- Vonage Holdings (NYSE:VG) opened strong, then tanked 12.5% after posting a Q1 beat along with news that it's acquiring communications platform company Nexmo for $230M.
- Revenue by segment: Business, $74M (up 76%); Consumer, $153M (down 14%).
- Customer churn was 2.2%, down from the prior year's 2.4%. In Business, revenue churn was 1.3%, down from last year's 1.4%. With the company shifting toward its Business segment, ending seats were 564,000, up from a year-ago 338,000 (includes organic growth as well as SimpleSignal and iCore customers).
- The deal for Nexmo -- a Communications Platform-as-a-Service company -- is in cash and stock. Vonage expects annual cost synergies of $5M from the acquisition, amid a CPaaS market growing to $8B by 2018.
- With the acquisition, Vonage has updated guidance -- now expecting GAAP revenue for 2016 of $950M-$960M (Business revenues of $365M-$370M). It sees EBITDA of at least $150M after a small loss in that area from Nexmo the rest of the way.
Thu, May 5, 8:32 AM
- Vonage Holdings (NYSE:VG): Q1 EPS of $0.10 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $226.82M (+3.2% Y/Y) in-line.
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD