Vector Group Ltd.NYSE
Vector Group - A Sum Of The Parts Analysis Of An Unusual Mini-Conglomerate
Safety In Value • 37 Comments
Safety In Value • 37 Comments
Can Vector Group Continue Its Recent Run And Continue Paying A Dividend?
Alpha Gen Capital • 32 Comments
Alpha Gen Capital • 32 Comments
Fri, Oct. 21, 10:38 AM
- A proposed bid from British American Tobacco bid for Reynolds American has the tobacco sector on the move. A combination of the two would create the largest tobacco company in the world.
- It was only two years ago that Reynolds and Lorillard merged in a dramatic development.
- Gainers today include Altria Group (MO +3.7%), Vector Group (VGR +2.3%), and Turning Point Brands (TPB +1.6%), Imperial Brands (OTCQX:IMBBY +1.7%), and Philip Morris International (PM +1.7%),
- Previously: BAT bids $47B to take Reynolds American ownership to 100% (Oct. 21)
- Previously: Reynolds American confirms British Tobacco offer, shares +20% (Oct. 21)
Fri, Sep. 9, 8:09 AM
- Big Tobacco is pouring money into California in an effort to defeat a proposal to increase the state tax on cigarettes to $2.87 per pack.
- Opponents of the tax increase have raised over $35M to double the $17M generated by supporters of the tax.
- Analysts believe the vote in California is crucial with other states likely to watch the outcome very closely and some global implications in play as well.
- Proposition 56 language: "Increases cigarette tax by $2.00 per pack, with equivalent increase on other tobacco products and electronic cigarettes containing nicotine."
- Related tobacco industry stocks: PM, MO, VGR, RAI, OTCQX:ITYBF, BTI, OTCQB:ECIG, OTCQB:VAPE, OTCPK:HPNN, OTCQB:MCIG, OTCQB:NTRR, OTCPK:VAPR, OTC:AHII.
Wed, Aug. 31, 5:06 PM| Wed, Aug. 31, 5:06 PM | 27 Comments
Thu, Jul. 28, 6:19 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Jun. 9, 10:03 AM
- A new law in California requiring purchasers of tobacco products to be 21 years of age went into effect today. California is the second state after Hawaii to set the higher age limit.
- Some forecasts suggest the number of smokers will drop in the state by over 10%, even factoring in for illegal purchasing.
- The new tobacco rules in California also reclassify e-cigarette and vapor products as "traditional" tobacco products.
- Related stocks: PM, MO, VGR, RAI, OTCQX:ITYBF, OTCPK:JAPAY, BTI, OTCQB:ECIG, OTCQB:VAPE, OTCPK:HPNN, OTCQB:MCIG, OTCQB:NTRR, OTCPK:VAPR, VPCO, OTC:AHII.
Wed, Jun. 1, 4:42 PM
Wed, Jun. 1, 4:04 AM
- Following the lead of Britain and Australia, Canada is making plain packaging of cigarettes compulsory in a bid to cut the rate of smoking.
- Although the country already obliges firms to slap large graphic warning labels on cigarette boxes, the new measures would require a uniform, standardized color and font on packs and restrict the use of logos and trademarks.
- Related stocks: LO, PM, MO, VGR, RAI, OTCQX:ITYBF, BTI
Mon, May 23, 6:35 AM
- It the latest setback for Big Tobacco, French insurer AXA (OTCQX:AXAHY) plans to stop investing in the industry, citing the impact of smoking on public health, and said it plans to sell its €1.8B of assets in the sector.
- "With this divestment from tobacco, we are doing our share to support the efforts of governments around the world," incoming AXA Chief Executive Thomas Buberl said in a statement.
- Tobacco stocks: LO, PM, MO, VGR, RAI, OTCQX:ITYBY, BTI, OTCPK:BTAFF, OTC:BATMF, OTCPK:JAPAF, OTCPK:JAPAY.
Thu, May 5, 2:59 AM
- California Governor Jerry Brown has signed a pack of bills that will raise the smoking age from 18 to 21, restrict the use of electronic cigarettes in public places and expand no-smoking areas at public schools.
- The new laws, which take effect June 9, are a big boost to a movement that is turning into the next major challenge for the $100B tobacco industry.
- Lawmakers in 10 other U.S. states are currently considering similar legislation.
- Related stocks: LO, PM, MO, VGR, RAI, OTCQX:ITYBF, OTCPK:JAPAY, BTI, OTCQB:ECIG, OTCQB:VAPE, OTCPK:HPNN, OTCQB:MCIG, OTCQB:NTRR, OTCPK:VAPR, VPCO, OTC:AHII
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:22 PM
- Vector (NYSE:VGR): Q1 EPS of $0.16 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $380.8M (+5.6% Y/Y) beats by $19.9M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Fri, Mar. 11, 2:22 AM
- California lawmakers have voted to make the nation's most populous state the second to raise the smoking age from 18 to 21 as part of a sweeping package of measures cracking down on tobacco products and electronic cigarettes.
- "With California having such a huge population, it's going to be very impactful nationwide," said Cathy Callaway, associate director of state and local campaigns for the American Cancer Society.
- Hawaii became the first state to lift the smoking age limit to 21 in January.
- Related stocks: LO, PM, MO, VGR, RAI, OTCQX:ITYBY, OTCPK:JAPAY, BTI, OTCQB:ECIG, OTCQB:VAPE, OTCPK:HPNN, OTCQB:MCIG, OTCQB:NTRR, OTCPK:VAPR, VPCO, OTC:AHII
Wed, Mar. 2, 4:41 PM
- Vector (NYSE:VGR) declares $0.40/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 7.16%
- Payable March 30; for shareholders of record March 21; ex-div March 17.
Mon, Feb. 29, 4:22 PM
- Vector (NYSE:VGR): Q4 EPS of $0.13 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $430.8M (+0.2% Y/Y) beats by $29.7M.
- Revised PR
- Old PR
Sun, Feb. 28, 5:35 PM