- Viacom (NASDAQ:VIA) has planned the launch of SPIKE network in the UK, via Channel 5, that it acquired earlier this year.
- The network targets the male market with its male-oriented TV content. Annually, the network brings in revenue of about $285 million from the United States alone.
- In the United States alone, this network has a market reach of about 99 million households, and charges its content distributers a 24 cent fee per month.
- Deal comes when the financial results reported in the third quarter posted declines in its revenues, while Viacom lost its contract with Suddenlink, losing access to nearly 1 million households.
- The 1 year target set for share prices is $90 per share. The price earnings ratio of the company has been calculated at 12.58, while the dividend yield is 1.9%.