There are no Transcripts on VIXM.
at CNBC.com (Jun 30, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 6, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 6, 2011)
Wed, May. 21, 10:32 AM
- Bets on a decline in the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX -1%) have fallen to 25% of shares outstanding from a record 126% in February, according to Bloomberg. Shorting the VXX is a play on continued calm in the markets, and a bet (along with other short volatility moves) that earned plenty of coin in 2013.
- The VIX jumped 4.4% yesterday as stocks struggled, but has closed below 15 for 24 consecutive sessions, the longest streak since about the time surrounding the start of 2014. It hasn't climbed above 18 since February even amid Russian tension and sizable selloffs in small caps and tech momentum names.
- “The longer you go without a hurricane, the more likely it becomes for the next period,” says Mark Yusko, CIO at Morgan Creek Capital. “It’s usually around those times, when everybody is convinced nothing can happen, that something happens. Markets tend to move to extremes. Those alligator jaws don’t stay open forever. They eventually snap shut.”
- ETFs: VXX, UVXY, TVIX, XIV, VIXY, SVXY, ZIV, VXZ, VIXM, CVOL, VIIX, XVZ, XVIX, XXV, TVIZ, IVOP, VIIZ
Mon, Mar. 3, 3:05 PM
- U.S. stocks are well off session lows, but gold continues to move ahead, now up 2.3% and at a 4-month high of $1,352 per ounce. At a 5-month high is WTI crude oil, up 2.1% to $1.04.74 per barrel.
- Not showing much movement earlier, money is now flowing out of Europe and into the greenback, which has gained 0.5% against the euro (FXE) and cable (FXB) and 0.4% vs. the Swiss franc (FXF)
- Another beneficiary is volatility, and the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX +5.4%) moves to its highest level in a month.
- Vol ETFs: VXX, UVXY, TVIX, XIV, VIXY, SVXY, ZIV, VXZ, VIXM, VQT, CVOL, VIIX, XVZ, PHDG, VIXH, ACWV, XVIX, XXV, TVIZ, IVOP, VIIZ
- Gold ETFs: GLD, IAU, PHYS, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, DZZ, UGLD, DGL, GLDI, DGZ, AGOL, DGLD, TBAR, UBG, GLDE, GYEN, GEUR, GGBP
Dec. 31, 2012, 3:41 PMThe apparent movement towards a deal has the VIX plunging 19%, one of its biggest single-day implosions in years (and that's saying something). The "fear gauge" had made a big move higher since mid-December as traders bet on a D.C. agreement not being reached. Other big moves: August 2011, -27%, May 2010 -30%. VXX -10.1%. | 10 Comments
Dec. 27, 2012, 5:46 PM
Mar. 26, 2012, 9:33 AM"TVIX only $6.50 above fair value," tweets a wise guy as shares in the leveraged ETN are hammered again this morning, -8.4% to $6.56, bringing the decline to 55% in less than 3 days. ETN prices can vary widely from NAV, leading to excessively high premiums when shares become dear, and then the correction when the issuer prints up more. | 6 Comments
Mar. 23, 2012, 7:16 AM
Mar. 12, 2012, 10:34 AM
Jul. 5, 2011, 3:43 PMVIX +1.2% on market concerns today, but it remains at a relatively subdued level and is down 50% since November. Declining volatility led Barclay's (BCS) -2.3%) to close its own VIX ETN after it fell below $10. The moral according to Schaeffer Investment Research is to avoid volatility ETNs. | 1 Comment
Apr. 15, 2011, 10:37 AM
VIXM vs. ETF Alternatives
ProShares VIX Mid-Term Futures ETF seeks to provide investment results (before fees and expenses) that match the performance of the S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures Index. The CBOE Volatility Index® (VIX) is a widely followed measure of the expected volatility of the S&P 500. Since the VIX is not directly investable, S&P 500 volatility exposure is often achieved through VIX futures. Each of the VIX futures indexes measures the movements of a combination of VIX futures and is designed to track changes in the expectation for VIX over a specific time window in the future. As a result, the S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures Index and VIXM can be expected to perform differently than the VIX.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Other News & PR