Wed, Mar. 11, 1:35 PM
- France's Valeo (OTCPK:VLEEY), a major supplier of driver-assistance systems and other products to automakers, plans to "design and industrialize a range of front-facing camera solutions and sensor fusion products using Mobileye's (MBLY +3.1%) EyeQ family of microprocessors and computer vision algorithms."
- The products will include "monocular cameras for active safety applications to satisfy regulatory requirements for collision avoidance, fusion with non-scanning LED, fusion with radar and trifocal camera configurations for high-end customer functions." Valeo's front-facing camera tech will rely solely on EyeQ processors and vision algorithms for the life of the agreement.
- Also: Mobileye and Valeo plans to jointly develop a product for the automated driving (i.e. self-driving) market that combines vision cameras and laser scanning.
- The agreement comes a week after Mobileye unveiled its next-gen EyeQ4 processor (begins sampling in Q4).
Nov. 26, 2014, 11:16 AM
- Delphi's (DLPH -0.2%)sale of its air conditioning business, Delphi Thermo, is being complicated by potential problems with one its South Korean JV partners, Reuters reports.
- Delphi's business has caught the eye of France's Valeo (OTCPK:VLEEY -0.2%), Germany's Mahle and Japan's Denso (OTCPK:DNZOY -0.1%) and a sale could fetch more than $700M.
- The potential problems stem from the fact that Erae (a company which Delphi holds a JV with called Kdac) has also expressed interest in the business but is being sidelined from the process.
- Delphi's Thermal Systems unit posted adjusted EBITDA of $80M on sales of $1.5B in 2013.
Oct. 29, 2012, 5:52 AMFord (F) agrees to sell its climate-control business to Detroit Thermal Systems, a JV of France's Valeo and entrepreneur Vincent Johnson. While the price is undisclosed, the deal is significant because it represents the final step in a 2006 plan to cut Ford's North American workforce and sell its Visteon (VC) parts facilities. The plan was put in place by Mark Fields, hotly tipped to be Ford's next CEO. (PR) | Oct. 29, 2012, 5:52 AM | Comment!
Valeo is engaged in the manufacture of automobile and truck components and spare parts. Co. is organized into ten industrial operating units worldwide to serve customers locally. These industrial branches are regrouped into activities to encourage transversal synergies in manufacturing and... More
Other News & PR