Vodafone Group PlcNASDAQ
May 20, 2014, 3:20 AM
- Vodafone's (VOD) FY EBITDA dropped 5.4% to £12.8B as revenue slipped 1.9% to £43.6B, hurt by the carrier's exposure to sluggish European markets.
- Net profit attributable to shareholders soared to £59.25B from £413M a year earlier, boosted by the sale of Vodafone's 45% stake in Verizon Wireless for $130B, for which the British carrier received a one-off contribution of £48.2B.
- Adjusted operating profit dropped 37% to £7.67B, mainly due to a much lower contribution from Verizon Wireless before it was sold.
- In Q4, organic service revenue declined 3.8%, although that was slightly less than consensus of -3.9%.
- Expects FY 2015 EBITDA to drop to £11.4-11.9B.
- "Our operational performance has been mixed," says CEO Vittorio Colao. While Vodafone's "emerging markets businesses have performed strongly," in Europe, the company continues "to face competitive, regulatory and macroeconomic pressures."
- Vodafone declared a final dividend of 7.47 pence a share, giving total dividends of 11 pence, up 8%. (PR)
Nov. 12, 2013, 2:39 AM
- Vodafone's (VOD) H1 EBITDA dropped 4.1% to £6.6B but topped consensus of £6.4B.
- Revenue +1.2% to £22.03B; on organic basis, revenue -3.2%.
- Pretax profit £1.51B.
- Takes £3B tax charge on $130B sale of its stake in Verizon Wireless.
- Confirms full-year guidance for adjusted operating profit of £5B, free cash flow of £4.5–5B.
- Vodafone intends to invest £7B ($11.18B) by March 2016 as part of its "Project Spring" to improve its network as it looks to cater to consumers who want to access the Internet with smartphones and tablets.
- Declares interim dividend of 3.53 pence a share, up 8%; intends to pay full-year dividend of 11 pence. (PR)