Philips Looks To Long-Time Laggard Volcano To Perk Up Its Healthcare Biz
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Dec. 17, 2014, 12:46 PM
Dec. 17, 2014, 9:13 AM
Dec. 17, 2014, 2:32 AM
Nov. 6, 2014, 5:22 PM
- Volcano (NASDAQ:VOLC): Q3 EPS of -$0.04 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $97.5M (+1.8% Y/Y) beats by $1.58M.
Aug. 8, 2014, 3:49 PM
- First the good news:
- Tekmira (TKMR +38.1%) on a massive 25M share turnover; Raptor Pharmaceuticals (RPTP +28.2%) on a 4x surge in volume; Clovis Oncology (CLVS +11.6%) on 50% higher volume; RadNet (RDNT +20.4%) on 2x higher volume and Relypsa (RLYP +15%) on 2x higher volume.
- Now the bad news:
- TearLab (TEAR -21.2%) on 4x higher volume; Masimo (MASI -10.6%) on 3x higher volume; Volcano (VOLC -19.9%) on a 12x surge in volume and Hanger (HGR -24.9%) on a 16x surge in volume.
Aug. 8, 2014, 12:47 PM
Aug. 8, 2014, 10:31 AM
- Volcano (VOLC -19.2%) Q2 results: Revenues: $102.6M (+1.3%); Gross Profit: $64.9M (-0.6%); Operating Expenses: $57.6M (-12.0%); Operating Income: $7.3M (+999%); Net Income: $282K (+111.8.%); EPS: $0.01 (+125.0.%); Quick Assets: $206.2M (-39.0%).
- 2014 Guidance: Revenues: $401M - 405M from $413M - 421M; gross margin: 63.0 - 63.5%; GAAP loss per share: ($0.55 - 0.52); non-GAAP loss per share: ($0.19 - 0.16).
- Q3 Guidance: Reveunes: $95M - 97M; gross margin: 62.0 - 62.5%; GAAP loss per share: ($0.19 - 0.17); non-GAAP loss per share: ($0.06 - 0.04).
Aug. 7, 2014, 5:11 PM
- Volcano (NASDAQ:VOLC): Q2 EPS of $0.01 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $102.6M (+1.2% Y/Y) misses by $0.54M.
Jun. 26, 2014, 3:36 PM
- Volcano Corp (VOLC -0.4%) and Jorge J. Quinoy, President, U.S. & APLAC Commercial Sales, mutually agree to part ways. Contingent on Mr. Quinoy signing a separation agreement, he will receive a severance payment of $408,365 (six months' base salary), a prorated bonus, a benefits stipend of $9,393 and an additional unspecified cash payment.
May 27, 2014, 4:35 PM
- Volcano (VOLC +0.9%) acquires privately-held AtheroMed, the developer of the Phoenix Atherectomy System used to treat peripheral artery disease. The Phoenix System received 510(k) clearance in January 2014 and CE Mark in 2013.
- Under the terms of the acquisition agreement, Volcano will pay $115M at closing and another $15M if the AtheroMed device currently under FDA review receives clearance by November 15, 2014 (design for manufacturing improvements of current device). It will also be eligible for sales-based milestone payments.
- The global atherectomy market is $350 - 400M growing at 7% per annum.
May 2, 2014, 4:59 PM
- Revenues: $94.5B (+1.4%), gross profit: $59.4M (-1.2%), operating loss: -$8.5M, net loss: -10.9M, loss/share: -$0.21.
- Sales by segment:
- Medical: Consoles: $8.5M (-4.5%), IVUS: $46.6M (-2.9%), FFR: $28.9M (+7.8%), other: $9M (+12.5%)
- Industrial: $1.5M (unch).
- CF Ops: -$3.0M (+62.0%).
- Q2 guidance:
- Revenues: $102M - 104M, loss/share: -$0.13 - 0.15.
- 2014 guidance:
- Revenues: $413M - 421M, gross margin: 64 - 64.5%, loss/share: -$0.57 - 0.60.
- (VOLC -1%)
May 2, 2014, 4:07 PM
- Volcano (VOLC): Q1 EPS of -$0.12 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $94.53M (+1.4% Y/Y) misses by $0.15M.
May 1, 2014, 5:35 PM
Mar. 19, 2014, 8:24 AM
- FDA clears Volcano's (VOLC) instant wave-Free Ratio. The physiologic measurement utilizes the same pressure wire and equipment used in cath labs but eliminates the injection of hyperemic agents into the patient that can stress the heart.
- The regulatory approval means that 90% of the company's installed base of multi-modality systems can be upgraded.
- Consensus estimates for 2014 and 2015 are a loss of $0.19/share on revenues of $415M and earnings of $0.06/share on revenues of $448M, respectively.
- 253 mutual funds have positions, down from 330 a year earlier.
- Shares are up 3% year to date.
Feb. 24, 2014, 4:11 PM
- Volcano Corporation (VOLC): Q4 EPS of -$0.29 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $103.3M (+0.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.27M.
Feb. 24, 2014, 12:10 AM
Volcano Corp design, develop, manufacture and commercialize a suite of precision guided therapy tools including intravascular ultrasound, or IVUS, and fractional flow reserve, or FFR, products.
Industry: Medical Appliances & Equipment
Country: United States
Other News & PR