Volvo ABBOTCPK - Current
Fri, Oct. 21, 6:10 AM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:37 AM
Tue, Jun. 14, 1:51 PM
- EV truck maker Nikola Motors has taken a page out of the Tesla playbook by releasing pre-order information and scheduling an unveiling event for later in the year.
- The startup has taken down 7K reservations with deposits for the Nikola One electric truck. The reservations total $2.3B worth of orders. The Nikola One is promised to have 2,000-horsepower, 1,200 miles of range, and a 320-kWh battery.
- The class 8 semi-truck is due to be unveiled by the company at an event on December 2.
- "Our technology is 10-15 years ahead of any other OEM in fuel efficiencies, MPG and emissions. Weare the onlyOEM to have a near zeroemission truck and stilloutperform diesel truck runningat 80,000 pounds," says CEO Trevor Milton.
- "We believe wewill pass the current market leaderslike Daimler, PACCAR, Volvo andNavistar in sales orderswithin the next12-24 months," adds the exec.
- Related stocks: NAV, PCAR, OTCPK:GELYF, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTCPK:VOLVY, OTCPK:VOLVF.
Mon, Apr. 11, 4:31 AM
- An experiment in which self-driving trucks crossed Europe has paved the way for adoption of the technology ahead of a crucial meeting of EU transport ministers this week.
- Six European truck companies - Volvo (OTCPK:VOLVF), Scania (OTC:SVKBF), Daimler (OTCPK:DDAIF), Iveco, DAF and MAN - took part in the project, in which they drove in connected convoys along highways.
- The technique, known as "platooning," permits trucks to communicate via wireless technology, allowing them to brake and accelerate together.
Oct. 19, 2015, 8:08 AM
- Westport Innovations (NASDAQ:WPRT) announces new agreements with Volvo (OTCPK:VOLVY) governing the development, commercial launch and supply of High Pressure Direct Injection 2.0 technology in its heavy-duty trucks over the next several years.
- For competitive reasons, further terms and conditions of the commercial agreements have not been disclosed.
Apr. 22, 2015, 2:51 AM
- As it intensifies its focus on growth and efficiency, Volvo (OTCPK:VOLVY) has appointed the head of rival Swedish truckmaker Scania (OTCPK:SVKBY) as its new top executive, replacing Olof Persson with Martin Lundstedt.
- Sweden's biggest company by sales also released its first quarter results two days ahead of schedule, reporting Q1 net sales of 74.8B kronor ($8.6B), up from 65.6B kronor a year-ago.
Mar. 19, 2015, 10:46 AM
- Volvo (OTCPK:VOLVF, OTCPK:VOLVY) CEO Olof Persson is on the hot seat, according to stories from Swedish media.
- One report has Persson losing his job within a few weeks to be replaced by Scania chief Martin Lundstedt.
- The truck maker missed its operating margin target last year amid pressure in China and is on the radar of activist investors.
Nov. 12, 2014, 2:44 AM
- Volvo (OTCPK:VOLVY) will cut around 3,000 employees as part of a savings plan to boost profitability, Reuters reports quoting business daily Dagens Industri.
- Last month, Volvo said it planned to make 3.5B Swedish crowns ($474M) of structural cost cuts by the end of next year following an earlier savings package.
Jul. 21, 2014, 7:09 AM
- Volvo (OTCPK:VOLVY) says it expects a 440M Swedish crown ($64M) blow to operating income for Q3 after a U.S. court upheld a 508M Swedish crown emissions fine over the automaker's Volvo Penta diesel engines.
- "Volvo will now review the ruling in detail, and consider whether to appeal or not," says the company.
- Last week, Volvo posted core earnings well below Q2 expectations due to slow demand for European trucks and a weakening market for construction equipment in China.
Jul. 5, 2012, 3:03 AMGKN Plc agreed to buy Volvo's aircraft-engine unit for around £700M ($1.1B), sources say, with an announcement expected as soon as today. | Jul. 5, 2012, 3:03 AM