Struggling To Model Upside For Verisk
Verisk - A Gem Of A Business
Zero Gravitas • 13 Comments
Zero Gravitas • 13 Comments
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:45 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGII, AIG, AMED, AMSG, AR, ARC, AVD, BEAT, BECN, BGFV, BPI, BRKR, CALD, CALX, CAR, CENT, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CLI, CLUB, CRAY, CSU, CXO, CZR, DEI, DVN, DXCM, EA, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ESE, ESIO, EXAM, FANG, FARO, FGL, FISV, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNGN, FORM, FTAI, FTV, FUEL, GHDX, GLUU, GNW, GUID, HBI, HCI, HIW, HRZN, INN, JIVE, KAR, KFRC, LOCK, LQ, MATX, MDU, MOD, MRC, MRCY, MXWL, NBR, NEWR, NFX, NOVT, NPO, NYMT, OCLR, OESX, OHI, OKE, OKS, OMI, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QRVO, QUOT, REXX, RGR, RIGL, RLOC, RPAI, RPXC, RUBI, SF, SGY, SLCA, SM, STAG, SUPN, SYRG, TMH, TNAV, TPC, TRQ, TRUP, TSRA, TX, VNOM, VRSK, VTAE, WMGI, WR, WTR, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN
Tue, Jul. 19, 10:45 AM
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK +0.2%) agrees to acquire Greentech Media for an undisclosed sum, to become part of VRSK's Wood Mackenzie unit and provide customers with data in solar power, energy storage and smart grids.
- VRSK has been diversifying beyond insurance analytics in recent years, buying Wood Mackenzie for $2.8B last year to expand into the energy, chemicals and mining industries, as well as energy intelligence firm Infield Systems.
- “The energy industry is going through a transformation, and our clients expect coverage in the solar, storage, and smart grid spaces as part of a more integrated energy service,” says Wood Mackenzie President Neal Anderson.
Fri, Jul. 15, 10:18 AM
- BMO technical analyst Russ Visch likes the following stocks:
- MMM: breaks out of 2-yr range, new target $205.
- AYI: successfully tested breakout at $241 level, next target $313.
- CAT: “lots of positive developments” including beginnings of a bearish-to-bullish reversal; rally above $81 would signal uptrend resuming with target of $105.
- EMR: successful retest of recent breakout, rally above $56.75 would open new target of $65.50.
- GE: breaks out of triangle pattern, next target $37, implies nearly 15% gain.
- TYC: has to breakout above $44 resistance, that would open new target of $48.
- UNP: in bearish-to-bullish reversal, new long-term uptrend underway, next target $113, implies 23% gain.
- UPS: to challenge all-time high at $114.40, breakout would be “extremely bullish” with new target $140.
- Also likes: FAST, FLR, JEC, MAS, PH, UTX, VRSK
Mon, Jun. 27, 11:16 AM
- The outperformance of low-P/E stocks that marked H1 is behind us, says RBC's Jonathan Golub, and it's time for the "Stable Growers" to re-asset leadership. He cautions about putting money to work too quickly though, noting the pullback so far has been limited.
- His list of Stable Growers (page 1, page 2): CHD, CL, CVS, K, MO, PEP, PG, PM, BCR, BDX, DGX, DVA, HSIC, JNJ, LH, MDT, SYK, TMO, UNH, ZBH, AFL, AON, MMC, TMK, CTAS, DHR, HON, ITW, LMT, MMM, NLSN, RSG, RTN, UPS, VRSK, WM, XYL, CMCSA, MCD, OMC, ADP, APH, EMC, MA, T, VZ, ECL, PX
Tue, May 3, 5:03 PM
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN
Mon, Mar. 14, 6:41 PM
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:16 PM
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK): Q4 EPS of $0.80 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $560.56M (+20.6% Y/Y) misses by $5.87M.
Mon, Feb. 22, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ALDR, ARC, ATRC, BBRG, BNFT, CAR, CONE, CPRT, CVG, CZR, DWA, DXCM, DY, EHTH, EIX, ENPH, ETSY, EXAM, EXR, FIVN, FMI, FSLR, GNMK, HAWK, HCKT, HLS, INFI, JAZZ, JBT, KRA, MASI, MATX, MSA, NYMT, ORA, PEI, PLKI, PRA, PRSS, PZZA, ROIC, RP, RUBI, SF, SLCA, SM, TGB, TROX, TTPH, TX, UCTT, VRSK, WBMD, WMGI, WTR, XXIA, Y
Nov. 6, 2015, 5:45 PM
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK) has bought Infield Systems, a provider of business intelligence and research to the oil/gas industry. Terms are undisclosed. Verisk plans to add Infield to its recently-acquired Wood Mackenzie unit.
- Wood Mackenzie chief Stephen Halliday: "This small, tuck-in acquisition of Infield Systems will help transform our analysis of the upstream supply chain and complement our modeling capabilities. Our clients will benefit from a more robust and integrated offering made possible by combining the analytical strength and proprietary databases of Infield Systems and Wood Mackenzie,"
- The purchase comes shortly after Verisk confirmed it's "exploring strategic alternatives" for its healthcare analytics unit; The Deal has reported Morgan Stanley has been hired to help find a buyer.
- Shares rose 1.6% in regular trading. They tumbled last week in the wake of Verisk's mixed Q3 results,
Oct. 27, 2015, 4:56 PM
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK): Q3 EPS of $0.85 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $550.4M (+22.7% Y/Y) misses by $18.84M.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, ABAX, AFL, AIZ, AJG, AKAM, APC, ATRC, AXS, BGFV, BGS, BLDP, BOOM, BXMT, CBG, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CMP, CNI, CUZ, CVA, DDR, EIX, ESRX, ETH, EXAC, FEIC, FISV, FNF, GILD, GNMK, HIW, HLIT, HTS, INFN, IPCM, IPHI, KKR, MAC, MDWD, MRCY, NATI, NBR, NCR, NUVA, NVMI, OI, OMI, PEGA, PEI, PNRA, RGC, RPXC, RSYS, RUBI, SFLY, SKT, SKYW, SLCA, SM, STAG, SYA, TER, TSS, TWTR, UHS, ULTI, VCRA, VDSI, VRSK, WNC, WSH, XCO, ZLTQ
Oct. 13, 2015, 7:02 PM
- The Deal reports Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK) has hired Morgan Stanley to sell its healthcare analytics unit. Bankers think the business could sell for 10x-12x EBITDA, which (based on expected EBITDA of $90M) would spell a valuation of $900M-$1.08B.
- For reference, Verisk closed today with a $13.6B market cap. One banker states the sale process is in it's early stages, while another says it's unclear which company would acquire the business.
- In March, Verisk struck a $2.8B deal to buy energy consulting/research firm Wood Mackenzie.
Sep. 30, 2015, 5:36 PM
Sep. 30, 2015, 5:34 PM
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK) will replace Joy Global (NYSE:JOY) in the S&P 500 following the Oct. 7 close. Joy will replace Thoratec (about to be acquired) in the S&P MidCap 400.
- Verisk has risen to $77.42 after hours. Joy, which has had a rough year, has fallen to $14.52, putting it a penny below a 52-week low of $14.53.
Verisk Analytics, Inc. operates as a holding company, which provides information about risk to professionals in insurance, healthcare, financial, government, supply chain, and risk management. The company operates through two segments: Decision Analytics and Risk Assessment. The Decision... More
Industry: Business Services
Country: United States