Struggling To Model Upside For Verisk
Verisk - A Gem Of A Business
Zero Gravitas • 13 Comments
Zero Gravitas • 13 Comments
Tue, May 3, 5:03 PM
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN
Mon, Mar. 14, 6:41 PM
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:16 PM
Mon, Feb. 22, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ALDR, ARC, ATRC, BBRG, BNFT, CAR, CONE, CPRT, CVG, CZR, DWA, DXCM, DY, EHTH, EIX, ENPH, ETSY, EXAM, EXR, FIVN, FMI, FSLR, GNMK, HAWK, HCKT, HLS, INFI, JAZZ, JBT, KRA, MASI, MATX, MSA, NYMT, ORA, PEI, PLKI, PRA, PRSS, PZZA, ROIC, RP, RUBI, SF, SLCA, SM, TGB, TROX, TTPH, TX, UCTT, VRSK, WBMD, WMGI, WTR, XXIA, Y
Nov. 6, 2015, 5:45 PM
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK) has bought Infield Systems, a provider of business intelligence and research to the oil/gas industry. Terms are undisclosed. Verisk plans to add Infield to its recently-acquired Wood Mackenzie unit.
- Wood Mackenzie chief Stephen Halliday: "This small, tuck-in acquisition of Infield Systems will help transform our analysis of the upstream supply chain and complement our modeling capabilities. Our clients will benefit from a more robust and integrated offering made possible by combining the analytical strength and proprietary databases of Infield Systems and Wood Mackenzie,"
- The purchase comes shortly after Verisk confirmed it's "exploring strategic alternatives" for its healthcare analytics unit; The Deal has reported Morgan Stanley has been hired to help find a buyer.
- Shares rose 1.6% in regular trading. They tumbled last week in the wake of Verisk's mixed Q3 results,
Oct. 27, 2015, 4:56 PM
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK): Q3 EPS of $0.85 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $550.4M (+22.7% Y/Y) misses by $18.84M.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, ABAX, AFL, AIZ, AJG, AKAM, APC, ATRC, AXS, BGFV, BGS, BLDP, BOOM, BXMT, CBG, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CMP, CNI, CUZ, CVA, DDR, EIX, ESRX, ETH, EXAC, FEIC, FISV, FNF, GILD, GNMK, HIW, HLIT, HTS, INFN, IPCM, IPHI, KKR, MAC, MDWD, MRCY, NATI, NBR, NCR, NUVA, NVMI, OI, OMI, PEGA, PEI, PNRA, RGC, RPXC, RSYS, RUBI, SFLY, SKT, SKYW, SLCA, SM, STAG, SYA, TER, TSS, TWTR, UHS, ULTI, VCRA, VDSI, VRSK, WNC, WSH, XCO, ZLTQ
Oct. 13, 2015, 7:02 PM
- The Deal reports Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK) has hired Morgan Stanley to sell its healthcare analytics unit. Bankers think the business could sell for 10x-12x EBITDA, which (based on expected EBITDA of $90M) would spell a valuation of $900M-$1.08B.
- For reference, Verisk closed today with a $13.6B market cap. One banker states the sale process is in it's early stages, while another says it's unclear which company would acquire the business.
- In March, Verisk struck a $2.8B deal to buy energy consulting/research firm Wood Mackenzie.
Sep. 30, 2015, 5:36 PM
Sep. 30, 2015, 5:34 PM
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK) will replace Joy Global (NYSE:JOY) in the S&P 500 following the Oct. 7 close. Joy will replace Thoratec (about to be acquired) in the S&P MidCap 400.
- Verisk has risen to $77.42 after hours. Joy, which has had a rough year, has fallen to $14.52, putting it a penny below a 52-week low of $14.53.
Aug. 28, 2015, 11:10 AM
- There's plenty of precedent for the recent market action, says Morgan Stanley's Adam Parker, noting the market has dropped more than 5% 16 times since March 2009, and each time has moved on to new highs.
- His half-glass view is that the economy is in the middle of its longest expansion ever, and a less-active Fed, a nervous consumer maybe saving more, a lower oil price, and a flattish dollar all argue for continued expansion.
- Morgan's top ideas to buy on the pullback: AGN, AMZN, AAPL, AVGO, BAC, BKU, DAL, GILD, GOOG, GOOGL, HLT, JPM, KR, LEN, LMCK, MGA, MBLY, NWL, QCOM, SABR, CRM, SBAC, SBUX, BX, TMO, VRSK, WWAV, XL.
Jul. 28, 2015, 5:13 PM
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK): Q2 EPS of $0.77 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $497.65M (+17.5% Y/Y) beats by $14.24M.
Jul. 21, 2015, 1:49 PM
- "A softening underlying insurance industry, incremental consolidation in the end market, and VRSK's expansion into the energy vertical all represent new uncertainties to investors that could put pressure on the shares," writes UBS' Alex Kramm, downgrading Verisk Analytics (VRSK -1.9%) to Sell ahead of its July 28 Q2 report. His target has been cut by $5 to $74.
- Kramm adds insurance industry M&A doesn't show any signs of slowing down, and that competitive pressures are growing. He also isn't crazy about Verisk's $2.8B purchase of energy analytics consultancy Wood Mackenzie. "The acquisition also came at a full price, for a division that we note will likely grow at a slower rate than other [data analytics] segments."
- Shares currently go for 23x a 2016 EPS consensus of $3.25. UBS' downgrade is overshadowing a bullish coverage launch from Keefe, Bruyette & Woods.
Apr. 28, 2015, 4:49 PM
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK): Q1 EPS of $0.67 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $459.4M (+12.1% Y/Y) beats by $22.16M.
- Shares -0.08%.
Mar. 10, 2015, 7:30 AM
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK) agrees to acquire energy consultancy Wood Mackenzie for £1.85B (~$2.8B) as it expands overseas and positions itself as a major provider of data analytics in the energy, chemicals, metals and mining sectors.
- P-E firm Hellman & Friedman acquired a majority stake in Wood Mackenzie in 2012 in a deal that valued the company at £1.1B.
- Wood Mackenzie’s customer base includes more than 800 international and national energy and metals companies, financial institutions, and governments.
Verisk Analytics, Inc. operates as a holding company, which provides information about risk to professionals in insurance, healthcare, financial, government, supply chain, and risk management. The company operates through two segments: Decision Analytics and Risk Assessment. The Decision... More
Industry: Business Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR