What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Sep. 30, 2015, 5:36 PM
Sep. 30, 2015, 5:34 PM
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK) will replace Joy Global (NYSE:JOY) in the S&P 500 following the Oct. 7 close. Joy will replace Thoratec (about to be acquired) in the S&P MidCap 400.
- Verisk has risen to $77.42 after hours. Joy, which has had a rough year, has fallen to $14.52, putting it a penny below a 52-week low of $14.53.
Jul. 21, 2015, 1:49 PM
- "A softening underlying insurance industry, incremental consolidation in the end market, and VRSK's expansion into the energy vertical all represent new uncertainties to investors that could put pressure on the shares," writes UBS' Alex Kramm, downgrading Verisk Analytics (VRSK -1.9%) to Sell ahead of its July 28 Q2 report. His target has been cut by $5 to $74.
- Kramm adds insurance industry M&A doesn't show any signs of slowing down, and that competitive pressures are growing. He also isn't crazy about Verisk's $2.8B purchase of energy analytics consultancy Wood Mackenzie. "The acquisition also came at a full price, for a division that we note will likely grow at a slower rate than other [data analytics] segments."
- Shares currently go for 23x a 2016 EPS consensus of $3.25. UBS' downgrade is overshadowing a bullish coverage launch from Keefe, Bruyette & Woods.
Feb. 28, 2012, 4:51 PMVerisk Analytics (VRSK): Q4 EPS of $0.50 beats by $0.06. Revenue of $352M (+19.9% Y/Y) beats by $12M. Shares +1.9% AH. (PR) | Feb. 28, 2012, 4:51 PM | 1 Comment
Aug. 15, 2011, 4:37 PMDollar General (DG) is up 3.8% AH, and Verisk Analytics (VRSK) up 4.6%, after Berkshire Hathaway's (BRK.A, BRK.B) latest 13-F filing reveals Warren Buffett's company to have acquired stakes in the firms. Berkshire has also increased its stakes in Wells Fargo (WFC) and Mastercard (MA), while slightly reducing its position in Kraft (KFT). | Aug. 15, 2011, 4:37 PM
Verisk Analytics Inc is a provider of information about risk to professionals in insurance, healthcare, financial services, government, supply chain, and risk management. The Company's business segments are Risk Assessment and Decision Analytics.
Other News & PR