Mon, Sep. 21, 7:06 AM
- Verso Paper(NYSE:VRS) submits a business plan aimed at regaining compliance with NYSE listing standards.
- The company says it will take market-related downtime across its mill system and look at selling noncore assets as part of the initiative.
- Verso fell out of compliance with the NYSE due to its average share price dropping below $1 for a 30-day period.
Thu, Aug. 20, 9:25 AM
- Verso Paper (NYSE:VRS) announces it will cut coated paper and pulp production capacity through a plant adjustment in Maine and an idling of a mill in Kentucky.
- The company will remove capacity of 430K tons of coated paper and 130K tons of dried market pulp due to soft demand trends.
- The actions will result in the reduction of over 600 jobs.
- Shares of Verso are down 89% this year.
Tue, Aug. 11, 7:06 AM
Fri, May 15, 4:33 PM
Fri, Mar. 6, 7:40 AM
- Verso Paper (NYSE:VRS) reports a 2.7% decrease in average sales price per ton.
- Total sales volume declined 4.3%.
- Segment sales: Coated Papers -12.1% to $233.9M: Market Pulp +3.3% to $41.9M; Other segment +15.9% to $50.6M.
- Gross profit rate declined 1080 bps to 7.1% primarily attributable to the change in unrealized hedge positions due to market movements and Bucksport related charges appearing in cost of sales.
- Q4 results
Fri, Mar. 6, 7:06 AM
Dec. 31, 2014, 1:21 PM
- Verso Paper (VRS +6.2%) announces it reached a settlement with the DOJ that will allow it to proceed with its acquisition of NewPage.
- The company plans to divest itself of paper mills in Wisconsin and Maine as part of the arrangement agreed upon with regulators.
- The merger is expected to be completed in early January.
- SEC Form 8-K
Nov. 13, 2014, 10:42 AM
- Verso Paper <<VRS>> reports a 2.7% decrease in average sales price per ton.
- Total sales volume declined 4.0%.
- Segment sales: Coated Papers -10.7% to $261.5M: Market Pulp -8.5% to $36.8M; Other segment +24.0% to $51.9M.
- Gross profit rate declined 260 bps to 15.8% primarily attributable to a non-cash trademark impairment charge.
- Q3 results
Nov. 13, 2014, 7:13 AM
Oct. 6, 2014, 11:13 AM
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:07 AM
Jul. 8, 2014, 1:36 PM
Jul. 3, 2014, 3:07 PM
Jul. 3, 2014, 11:10 AM
Jul. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 18, 2014, 12:45 PM
Verso Corp is a producer of printing papers, specialty papers and pulp. Its printing papers are designed for commercial printing, and media and marketing applications. Its specialty papers are used for flexible packaging and technical paper applications.
Other News & PR