Wed, Aug. 5, 6:55 AM
- Retail comp was down 0.6% for the period.
- Comp for e-commerce declined 6%.
- Segment sales: Retail: $278.28M (+3.20%); Direct: $30.35M (-6.46%); Manufacturing: $24.66M.
- Gross margin rate remained constant at 33.6%.
- SG&A expense rate grew 140 bps to 25.1%, driven by higher store payroll and benefits, and D&A expense, as well as the addition of the acquired Nutri-Force business.
- Adjusted operating margin rate decreased 180 bps to 8.5%.
- Store count +56 Y/Y to 734.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: +5% to +7%; Total comp sales: flat to +1%; New stores: ~50; Adjusted EPS: $2.05 to $2.20.
Wed, Aug. 5, 6:04 AM
Wed, May 6, 6:46 AM
- Retail comp was 1.5% for the period.
- Segment sales: Retail: $287.98M (+5.69%); Direct: $34.84M (-1.48%); Manufacturing: $21.83M.
- Gross margin rate declined 160 bps to 34%, mainly attributable to product mix, increased promotional activity, deleverage on store occupancy costs and the impact of Nutri-Force.
- SG&A expense rate +80 bps to 24.7%, driven by higher store payroll, digital advertising costs and depreciation and amortization expense.
- Adjusted operating margin rate fell 240 bps to 9.3%.
- Store count +58 Y/Y to 725.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: +6% to +8%; Total comp sales: low single digits growth; New stores: ~60; Diluted EPS: $2.05 to $2.25.
Wed, May 6, 6:06 AM
Tue, Feb. 24, 6:07 AM
Mon, Feb. 23, 5:30 PM
- AIXG, ALKS, AMT, BMO, CBRL, CEQP, CLDT, CLDX, CMCSA, CMLP, COT, CRNT, CRZO, CYRN, DAKT, DCI, DPZ, DRH, DYAX, ECL, EXAS, EXLS, EXPD, FDML, GLDD, GTLS, HD, IART, IPXL, M, MNKD, NEO, ODP, PCRX, PF, PLL, RLGY, SAFM, SAH, SHLX, SHOO, SPAR, SPWR, SUI, THRM, TOL, TREX, TRXC, UTHR, VAL, VSI, WEN, WIN, WLK, WPC, ZINC
Nov. 4, 2014, 6:08 AM
Aug. 5, 2014, 6:17 AM
May 7, 2014, 6:30 AM
Feb. 25, 2014, 6:19 AM
Feb. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Feb. 13, 2014, 5:35 PM
- GNC Holdings (GNC) -16% AH as Q4 earnings and revenue fall short of analyst estimates, and FY 2014 EPS guidance of $3.18-$3.24 is below $3.44 Wall Street consensus.
- Q4 operating income fell 1% Y/Y, hurt by planned gross product margin investments, lower Gold Card revenue recognition related to the Member Pricing rollout, and promotions held to mitigate the challenging retail environment in November and December.
- Peer Vitamin Shoppe (VSI) -6.2% AH.
Nov. 5, 2013, 6:20 AM
Aug. 6, 2013, 6:19 AM
May 7, 2013, 1:34 PMVitamin Shoppe's (VSI -8%) management is taking "a more cautious view on the year" after saying variability in YTD sales performance and weaker than expected sales in April should translate to comps growth in the "low-to-mid single digits." That's a downward revision from previous guidance. Comps growth was 4.5% in Q1, down markedly from 9.6% in Q1 2012 and off by 0.7% sequentially. VSI does note on the call however, that 2012 Q1 comps benefited from "higher whey protein inflation." (PR, transcript) | May 7, 2013, 1:34 PM | 1 Comment
VSI vs. ETF Alternatives
Vitamin Shoppe Inc is a specialty retailer and contract manufacturer of nutritional products ranging from vitamins and minerals to nutritional supplements, herbs, sports nutrition formulas, homeopathic remedies, and health and beauty aids.
Other News & PR