Sep. 21, 2014, 4:40 AM
- Barron's says Vitamin Shope (NYSE:VSI) could rally 20% or more as an aging population and a greater focus on health drive demand for supplements and vitamins.
- VSI has increased same-store sales for the past 35 quarters, yet shares are -30% since Feb. 2013 over what some saw as overly aggressive growth tactics.
- VSI is the No.2 U.S. retailer of nutritional products, behind GNC Holdings (NYSE:GNC). Some think GNC may take a run at VSI, especially following recent news that CEO Tony Truesdale will retire next June.
Sep. 18, 2014, 4:08 PM
- GNC Holdings (NYSE:GNC) will consider its options after hearing from P-E firms, according to reports.
- Vitamin Shoppe (NYSE:VSI) is also on the M&A radar with Reuters reporting a group of shareholders are pushing the company to look to sell itself.
- One rather natural idea that's been bandied around for a while has been a GNC-VSI combination.
- GNC +0.4% AH after a late-day spike to push shares up above $41. VSI was also a late bloomer on the day off the buzz.
Aug. 11, 2014, 12:53 PM
VSI vs. ETF Alternatives
Vitamin Shoppe Inc is a specialty retailer and contract manufacturer of nutritional products ranging from vitamins and minerals to nutritional supplements, herbs, sports nutrition formulas, homeopathic remedies, and health and beauty aids.
Other News & PR