Wed, Nov. 9, 4:20 PM
Tue, Nov. 8, 5:35 PM
- APPS, APU, ATHX, ATO, CALL, CHMI, COTV, CPST, CSRA, CUI, CYTX, DIOD, ECPG, ECYT, EGAN, ENS, ETE, ETP, EVH, EVOK, EVRI, FF, FLO, FR, GALE, GDOT, GLF, HLIT, ICUI, INFI, JUNO, MACK, MIME, MNKD, MNTX, MRIN, MYL, NNI, NTES, NVAX, OMER, PAHC, PLKI, PRI, QHC, QNST, RBA, RELY, RPD, RTK, SEDG, SGRY, SHAK, SLF, SLW, SPTN, SPWR, SREV, SUN, SXL, TASR, TCRD, TCS, TPIC, TTEC, TTEK, TTGT, TUBE, UGI, UHAL, VRTU, VVUS, WAGE, WUBA, XON, XONE, YUME, ZLTQ
Mon, Oct. 3, 9:22 AM
Mon, Sep. 26, 12:48 PM
Thu, Aug. 4, 7:49 PM
- Vivus (VVUS +1.9%) has turned up 6.7% after hours following Q2 earnings where it came in with a better-than-expected loss.
- Revenue fell 40% without the previous $8.1M in supply revenue for erectile dysfunction brands Stendra and Spedra. Net product revenue for obesity drug Qsymia came in at $12.75M; royalty revenues for Stendra/Spedra were $1.03M.
- The company said about 116,000 Qsymia prescriptions were dispensed in the quarter, vs. a year-ago 152,000.
- R&D expense was $1.1M, vs. a year-ago $2.6M. Selling, general and administrative costs were $13.7M, down from the prio year's $22.2M.
- Press Release
Thu, Aug. 4, 5:05 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Fri, Jul. 22, 7:30 AM
- A New Jersey district court issues a Markman ruling favoring VIVUS (NASDAQ:VVUS) related to its Qsymia (phentermine and topiramate extended-release) patent infringement litigation against potential generic competitors Actavis (NYSE:AGN) and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (NYSE:TEVA).
- In a Markman ruling, also known as a claim construction ruling, the court determines the meaning of disputed patent claims at issue in the litigation. In this case, the judge adopted VIVUS' proposed constructions for nine of the 10 patents in dispute. A compromise construction was adopted for the remaining one. The last of VIVUS' patents expires in 2029.
- The next phase with Actavis will be expert discovery. The Teva case remains in fact discovery. No trial date has been set.
- Qsymia, approved by the FDA in July 2012, is indicated as an adjunct to a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in obese adults.
Tue, May 3, 4:09 PM
- Vivus (NASDAQ:VVUS): Q1 EPS of -$0.12 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $15.3M (-52.4% Y/Y) misses by $2.67M.
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN
Fri, Apr. 1, 3:47 AM
- While the rates of obesity have leveled off in some countries where it's already a public health concern, other places are seeing their obesity rates increase, propping up the global average.
- "Over the past four decades, we have transitioned from a world in which underweight prevalence was more than double that of obesity, to one in which more people are obese than underweight," according to a study published in The Lancet.
- By 2025, one-fifth of adults around the world are forecast to be obese, including 40% of adults in the U.S.
- Related tickers: NUTR, PLNT, WTW, NTRI, FIT, HLF, VVUS, ARNA, GNC, MED, NATR, OREX, LTM, FINL
Wed, Mar. 9, 4:46 PM
- Vivus (VVUS +3.9%) is off 7.4% after the close following a Q4 report where revenues dropped nearly 30%.
- Almost all Stendra/Spedra supply revenue dropped off from 2014 ($8.2M worth), though at year-end the company said it was reclaiming U.S./Canada rights to erectile dysfunction drug Stendra as Auxilium Pharmaceuticals backed out.
- Revenue breakout: Qsymia net product revenue, $13.97M (up 10%); Stendra/Spedra royalty revenue, $1.35M (up 59.4%); Stendra/Spedra supply revenue, $23,000 (down 99.7%).
- About 132,000 Qsymia prescriptions dispensed in Q4, down from a prior-year 132,000.
- Conference call link
- Previously: VIVUS "excited" about return of STENDRA rights from Endo (Dec. 31 2015)
Wed, Mar. 9, 4:17 PM
- Vivus (NASDAQ:VVUS): Q4 EPS of -$0.12 in-line.
- Revenue of $15.34M (-29.4% Y/Y) misses by $7.56M.
Tue, Mar. 8, 5:35 PM
Fri, Mar. 4, 9:44 AM
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Mizuho Securities. Price target raised to $75 (6% downside risk).
- Acceleron Pharma (NASDAQ:XLRN) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Janney Capital. Price target lowered to $39 (39% upside) from $45.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:KERX) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by FBR Capital. Price target is $10 (145% upside).
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (NYSE:ZBH) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Argus Research.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE:VRX) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Canaccord Genuity. Price target lowered to $75 (15% upside) from $125. Downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform by RBC Capital. Price target lowered to $85 (31% upside) from $194.
- TeamHealth Holdings (NYSE:TMH) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Jefferies. Price target lowered to $65 (44% upside).
- McKesson (NYSE:MCK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Mizuho Securities. Price target lowered to $164 (1% upside).
- Diplomat Pharmacy (NYSE:DPLO) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JP Morgan. Price target lowered to $30 (9% upside) from $52.
- Rockwell Medical (NASDAQ:RMTI) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Stifel. $19 price target removed. Also downgraded to Hold from Buy by Craig-Hallum.
- China Biologic Products (NASDAQ:CBPO) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Credit Suisse. Price target raised to HK$129.
- Orexigen Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OREX) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform by RBC Capital. Price target lowered to $1 (43% upside) from $5.
- Vivus (NASDAQ:VVUS) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform by RBC Capital. Price target lowered to $1 (6% downside risk) from $4.
Dec. 31, 2015, 1:32 PM
- Putting a positive spin on Endo International unit Auxilium Pharmaceuticals' (ENDP -1.6%) exit from its exclusive license for erectile dysfunction med STENDRA (avanafil) in the U.S. and Canada, VIVUS (VVUS +1%) CEO Seth Fischer says, "We are excited to reacquire the U.S. and Canadian commercial rights for STENDRA. We appreciate Endo's efforts to build the STENDRA brand and understand their decision to focus their resources on BELBUCA. We are in the process of evaluating ways for maximizing the value of STENDRA and expect to make an announcement by the end of [Q1 2016]."
- The FDA cleared STENDRA in April 2012. VIVUS inked its agreement with Auxilium in October 2013.
- BELBUCA (buprenorphine HCl buccal film) was cleared by the FDA in October 2015 for the management of pain severe enough to require around-the-clock opioid treatment. Endo secured global commercialization rights from BioDelivery Sciences (BDSI -0.2%) in January 2012.
- Previously: Endo backs out of STENDRA license deal with VIVUS (Dec. 30)
- Previously: Vivus, Auxilium sign Canadian marketing deal (Oct. 11, 2013)