Stephen Simpson, CFA
Alpha Gen Capital
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Feb. 18, 2015, 8:00 AM
- Wabtec (NYSE:WAB): Q4 EPS of $0.95 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $820.87M (+20.5% Y/Y) beats by $14.63M.
- Shares +1.19% PM.
Oct. 10, 2014, 10:58 AM
- After meeting with railroads, car builders and shippers, Wells Fargo says the industry's order environment remains healthy and rail supply names should be bought on recent weakness (Briefing.com).
- The firm keeps an Outperform rating for rail supply companies Greenbrier (GBX -2.3%), Trinity Industries (TRN -4.3%) and Wabtec (WAB -0.7%), and believes concerns about potential tank car regulations and longevity of crude by rail were the primary drivers behind recent declines.
Mar. 3, 2014, 3:21 PM
- Shares of Greenbriar (GBX +3.1%) hit a nearly eight-year high after the company said it received orders for 5,600 railroad cars valued at ~$460M in the quarter ended Feb. 28.
- The orders included 1,200 intermodal cars used to transport containers from railroads to ships and trucks; other orders included small hoppers and tank cars used in the energy sector, and automotive-related products for the U.S. auto industry.
- GBX and others that supply equipment and services to the railroad industry such as Trinity Industries (TRN -0.8%), Wabtec (WAB -0.5%) and American Railcar (ARII +1.6%) have benefited in recent years as shipments of crude oil surged.
Jun. 26, 2013, 4:10 PM
Wabtec (WAB +3.5%) ticks higher today after the company's MotivePower unit signs a contract with the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to supply 13 additional HSP46 passenger locomotives to be delivered in 2014. The new contract follows previous orders for 27 locomotives and is worth more than $70M including training, manuals and spare parts. The locomotives are manufactured with major components supplied by General Electric's (GE) GE Transportation.| Jun. 26, 2013, 4:10 PM
Feb. 1, 2013, 11:27 AM
Wabtec (WAB +2.8%) moves higher today after saying it's acquired Napier Turbochargers, a UK -based provider of turbochargers and related parts for the worldwide power generation and marine markets with annual sales of about $55M. WAB expects the transaction to be accretive in the first year.| Feb. 1, 2013, 11:27 AM
Jun. 15, 2012, 11:44 AM
Wabtec (WAB +3%) gains after announcing earlier that it's acquired Dutch rail and industrial electronics manufacturer Mors Smitt Holding for $88M from investment firm Eurazeo (EUZOF.PK). The acquisition will give WAB a broader array of offerings for the locomotive and rail car markets.| Jun. 15, 2012, 11:44 AM
Apr. 12, 2012, 8:47 AM
Wabtec (WAB) +6.6% after announcing it expects Q1 EPS of $1.20 and 2012 EPS of $4.80, above Street estimates of $1.02 and $4.37. The maker of locomotive/freight subsystems partly attributes its guidance hike to strength in the global freight rail market. Wabtec's Q1 report is due on April 24. (PR)| Apr. 12, 2012, 8:47 AM