Yesterday, 6:53 AM
Mon, Jul. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ACW, AHGP, AKS, ALLY, AOS, ARLP, ASTE, ATI, AUDC, AVY, AXE, AXTA, BAX, BEAV, BP, BPOP, CAT, CHKP, CIGI, CNC, CNHI, CNX, CPLA, CSL, CTG, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DTE, EEFT, EXAS, FBC, FCH, FCX, FELE, FIS, FMER, GPK, HOT, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, JBLU, JNS, KEY, KKR, LLY, LPT, MAS, MBLY, MCD, MDXG, MMM, NCI, NEO, NLSN, NORD, PCAR, PCH, RAI, RDWR, SAH, SIR, SIRI, ST, TGNA, TNC, TOWR, TROW, UA, USG, UTX, VLO, VZ, WAT, WDR, WWW, XRS
Mon, May 23, 12:39 PM
- "Politics is now a topic in every client discussion," say David Kostin and team, and the nature of today's electorate nearly assures a close race, even though prediction markets currently assign a high probability of a Clinton victory.
- When uncertainty rises, consumer staples (NYSEARCA:XLP) typically outperforms, while tech (NYSEARCA:XLK) lags.
- Getting down to names, with protectionism and tax policy two key areas of debate, buy those stocks with high U.S. sales and high effective tax rates, and avoid those with high foreign sales and low tax rates.
- High U.S. sales and high tax rates (buy): Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH), Fidelity National (NYSE:FIS), Discover (NYSE:DFS), AmerisourceBergen (NYSE:ABC), Schwab (NYSE:SCHW), ADP (NASDAQ:ADP), Chipotle (NYSE:CMG), Reynolds America (NYSE:RAI), Express Scripts (NASDAQ:ESRX), Alliance Data (NYSE:ADS), Fiserv (NASDAQ:FISV), Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX), Whole Foods (NASDAQ:WFM), Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM), Intuit (NASDAQ:INTU), Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV).
- High foreign sales and low tax rates (avoid): Abbott Labs (NYSE:ABT), Agilent (NYSE:A), Mondelez (NASDAQ:MDLZ), XL Group (NYSE:XL), Waters (NYSE:WAT), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN), Transocean (NYSE:RIG), PerkinElmer (NYSE:PKI), Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA), Lam Research (NASDAQ:LRCX), Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC).
Tue, Apr. 26, 6:53 AM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ABX, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, ARLP, ATI, AVX, AXE, BAX, BEAV, BLMN, BP, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRS, CTG, CYNO, DD, DFRG, DTE, ENTG, ETR, FBC, FCAU, FCH, FCX, FLIR, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, GPK, HSY, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, IIVI, IR, JBLU, JNS, LLY, LMT, LPT, MAS, MDXG, MHFI, MMM, NCI, ODP, PAG, PCAR, PCH, PG, PH, PNR, POL, R, RAI, SAH, SAVE, SCL, SIR, SPG, ST, SUI, SVU, TEN, TMUS, TRI, TROW, WAB, WAT, WDR, WHR, WYN
Tue, Jan. 26, 7:03 AM
- Waters (NYSE:WAT): Q4 EPS of $1.96 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $586.61M (+0.5% Y/Y) beats by $4.71M.
Mon, Jan. 25, 5:30 PM
Oct. 27, 2015, 7:05 AM
- Waters (NYSE:WAT): Q3 EPS of $1.42 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $501M (+1.6% Y/Y) beats by $7.77M.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AHGP, AIXG, AKS, AME, AMTD, ARG, ARLP, AVX, AXE, BABA, BAX, BEAV, BMY, BP, BTU, CMCSA, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, ERJ, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, GLW, GPI, GRUB, HCA, HUN, ICLR, IIVI, IMGN, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, LPT, LRN, LXK, MAS, MDC, MDSO, MGLN, MMC, MNI, MRK, MSM, NCI, NVS, ONE, PCAR, PCH, PCRX, PFE, POL, POR, QSR, RAI, RDN, SAVE, SCHN, SEE, SIR, SPG, SPR, ST, SUI, TMUS, TREX, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WM, WSO, WYN, YNDX
Jul. 28, 2015, 7:01 AM
- Waters (NYSE:WAT): Q2 EPS of $1.32 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $494.74M (+2.7% Y/Y) beats by $13.03M.
Jul. 16, 2015, 11:42 AM
- Screen criteria: Market cap at least $500M; number of mutual fund investors at least equal to prior period; 50-day average turnover at least 400,000; annual sales at least $300M and EPS growth has accelerated the past three quarters.
- (ALKS +1%)(ALR +0.4%)(CERN +0.1%)(DVA +0.1%)(IMS +0.2%)(LLY +1%)(OMI +0.4%)(REGN +1.2%)(UNH -1.6%)(WAT +0.1%)
- This is not a list of buy/sell recommendations but rather a targeted list of stock that may be suitable for more in-depth research.
Jun. 25, 2015, 12:53 PM
Apr. 28, 2015, 5:26 PM
- Waters' (NYSE:WAT) 15% organic growth beat the consensus' mid-single estimates, and Q1 EPS of $1.21 blew out the Street's $1.02, Janney says.
- "About 50% of Agilent's (NYSE:A) and 22% of Bruker's (NASDAQ:BRKR) product lines overlay with Waters. Liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) demand is clearly increasing as the recent strength in capital funding for small and mid-size biopharmaceutical companies is driving additional placements."
- Firm raises WAT price target to $134 from $120, and "expects continuing beats."
- WAT +2.9% today to $125.59.
- Previously: Waters beats by $0.19, beats on revenue (Apr. 28)
Apr. 28, 2015, 7:03 AM
- Waters (NYSE:WAT): Q1 EPS of $1.21 beats by $0.19.
- Revenue of $460.4M (+6.9% Y/Y) beats by $15.15M.
Jan. 26, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jan. 26, 2015, 4:30 PM
- Waters (NYSE:WAT): Q4 EPS of $1.99 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $583.87M (+3.3% Y/Y) beats by $1.64M.
- Shares -0.63%.
Waters Corp. is an analytical instrument manufacturing company, that primarily designs, manufactures, sells and services, high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products, including chromatography... More
Industry: Scientific & Technical Instruments
Country: United States
Other News & PR