Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Wed, Jul. 20, 12:00 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 6:51 AM
- WABCO Holdings (NYSE:WBC) reports sales growth of 11.5% in local currencies.
- Adjusted gross margin rate remained constant Y/Y at 31.6%.
- SG&A expense rate dropped 10 bps to 13.5%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate increased 40 bps to 14.2%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Sales growth: $2.78B to $2.86B (+7% to +10% in local currencies); Adjusted operating margin rate: 13.5% to 14%; GAAP operating margin rate: 12.4% to 12.9%; Adjusted net income: $313.6M to $330.4M; GAAP net income: $208.7M to $225.5M; Adjusted EPS: $5.60 to $5.90; Diluted EPS: $3.73 to $4.03; Diluted shares outstanding: ~56M.
- Q2 results
Tue, Jun. 28, 2:42 PM
- WABCO (WBC -2%) is downgraded to Neutral from Overweight with a $94 price target, cut from $124, at Piper Jaffray, which says the company has the highest European exposureamong truck suppliers at 55% of 2015 revenue.
- Investors likely will shun WBC as investors looking to minimize their exposure to Europe over the coming months, the firm says.
- Piper Jaffray also downgrades Navistar (NAV -0.3%) to Neutral from Overweight with an $11.50 price target, cut from $14; even though Brexit-related risks are low for NAV, investors likely will look for safer options given declining orders in the U.S. truck market.
- Finally, the firm cuts Meritor (MTOR -9.6%) to Underweight from Neutral with a $6 target, citing the company's 20% of revenues that come from Europe and its 75% debt-to-capital ratio.
- WBC also is downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $95 price target at Goldman Sachs, which also cites the company's European truck market exposure in cutting 2017-18 earnings estimates.
Fri, Jun. 24, 12:00 PM
Fri, Apr. 22, 6:56 AM
- WABCO Holdings (NYSE:WBC) reports sales rose 9.7% in local currencies.
- Adjusted gross profit rate fell 170 bps to 31.4%.
- SG&A expense rate declined 130 bps to 17.5%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate dropped 40 bps to 13.9%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Sales growth: $2.7B to $2.83B (+6% to +11% in local currencies); Adjusted operating margin rate: 13.8% to 14.3%; GAAP operating margin rate: 12.7% to 13.2%; Adjusted net income: $296.8M to $324.8M; GAAP net income: $192.2M to $220.2M; Adjusted EPS: $5.30 to $5.80; Diluted EPS: $3.43 to $3.93; Diluted shares outstanding: ~56M.
- Q1 results
Dec. 9, 2015, 9:53 AM
- The NHTSA proposes adding new safety categories to its ratings systems with an aim to accelerate technology innovation and integration.
- Safety features such as forward collision warnings, blind-spot alerts, lane departure information, and rear cameras would be part of the ratings system under the changes.
- The push from the regulator could help some auto suppliers such as Delphi Automotive (DLPH +1.4%) and Mobileye (MBLY +2.5%), notes the WSJ.
- Autoliv (ALV +2.1%), WABCO Holdings (WBC +1.5%), Borg Warner (BWA +1.3%), and Meritor (MTOR +1.3%) are all ahead of market averages in early action today, perhaps due to the NHTSA strategy reveal.
- Related auto stocks GM, F, TM, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTCPK:BAMXY, TSLA, TTM, OTC:HYMLF.
Jul. 24, 2015, 6:58 AM
- WABCO Holdings (NYSE:WBC) reports sales declined 10.1% in U.S. dollars.
- Adjusted gross profit rate constant at 31.6%.
- SG&A expense rate fell 30 bps to 17.9%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate grew 50 bps to 13.9%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Sales growth: +6% to +9% in local currencies; Adjusted operating margin rate: 14.0% to 14.5%; GAAP operating margin rate: 12.9% to 13.4%; Adjusted net income: $324.8M to $339.3M; GAAP net income: $283.3M to $297.8M; Adjusted EPS: $5.60 to $5.85; Diluted EPS: $4.89 to $5.14; Diluted shares outstanding: ~58M.
- Q2 results
May 29, 2015, 10:39 AM
- Automobile industry supplier stocks are tilting lower after WABCO and Modine Manufacturing issued guidance below the expectations of analysts.
- F/X pressure and some uncertainty in the markets in Brazil and China are weighing on the sector.
- Decliners: WABCO (NYSE:WBC) -2.9%, Modine Manufacturing (NYSE:MOD) -2.5%, Meritor (NYSE:MTOR) -2.4%, Motorcar Parts of America (NASDAQ:MPAA) -2.3%, Westport Innovations (NASDAQ:WPRT) -2.0%, Federal-Mogul (NASDAQ:FDML) -1.8%, Stoneridge (NYSE:SRI) -1.3%, Lydall (NYSE:LDL) -1.3%, Cooper-Standard Holdings (NYSE:CPS) -1.2%.
Feb. 13, 2015, 7:16 AM
- WABCO Holdings (NYSE:WBC) reports sales declined 5.7% in U.S. dollars.
- Adjusted gross profit rate grew 190 bps to 30.8%.
Adjusted operating margin rate increased 100 bps to 13.0%.FY2015 Guidance: Sales growth: +6% to +11% in local currencies; Adjusted operating margin rate: 14.2% to 15.1%; GAAP operating margin rate: 13.2% to 14.1%; Adjusted net income: $336.4M to $365.4M; GAAP net income: $295.1M to $324.1M; Adjusted EPS: $5.80 to $6.30; Diluted EPS: $5.09 to $5.59; Diluted shares outstanding: ~58M.
- WBC +0.23% premarket.
- Q4 results
Nov. 5, 2014, 9:59 AM
- Auto supplier stocks outpace broad market averages in early action after Toyota issues a strong outlook for the fiscal year and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles keeps an aggressive stance on global production goals.
- Also factoring in are the reports this week on U.S. auto sales which showed strong demand for SUVs and trucks.
- Gainers: WABCO (NYSE:WBC) +3.0%, Meritor (NYSE:MTOR) +2.5%, Dana Holding (NYSE:DAN) +2.4%, Tenneco (NYSE:TEN) +2.1%, Monro Muffler Brake (NASDAQ:MNRO) +1.5%, Cooper-Standard Holdings (NYSE:CPS) +1.3%.
Jun. 17, 2013, 2:15 PM
WABCO Holdings (WBC +0.9%) says it's been granted a license by Chinese authorities to re-manufacture air compressors in China for commercial and off-highway vehicles. The company's Reman Solutions is currently re-manufacturing air compressors locally for China National Heavy Truck Corporation and for the independent aftermarket in China, and it hopes to expand to add other products, subject to government approvals.| Jun. 17, 2013, 2:15 PM
Apr. 9, 2013, 10:02 AM
Dec. 31, 2012, 5:40 PM
Feb. 3, 2012, 11:07 AM
WABCO Holdings (WBC +6.5%) trades up after releasing mixed Q4 results but raising guidance for FQ1. Piper Jaffray upgrades the shares on the report, saying the new guidance range is based on a market-wide contraction of 10%-15% in Europe, and for management to release in-line guidance under those conditions speaks volumes about its confidence in other regions.| Feb. 3, 2012, 11:07 AM
Dec. 22, 2011, 3:58 PM"Tonnage levels continue to point to an economy that is growing, not sliding into a recession," the American Trucking Association says as November data shows truck tonnage rising 6% Y/Y. Shares of truck manufacturer Wabash (WNC +10.1%) jump; truck builder Oshkosh (OSK +2.4%) and parts maker Wabco (WBC +5%) also rally. | Dec. 22, 2011, 3:58 PM | 6 Comments
Sep. 2, 2011, 11:45 AM
WABCO (WBC +2.7%) holds on to gains after reiterating FY11 guidance earlier, saying revenue will grow between 22% and 25% and its EPS should range from $4.55 to $4.80, the high-end of the range.| Sep. 2, 2011, 11:45 AM