Thu, Jul. 30, 4:07 PM
Thu, May 7, 3:36 PM
- Tech companies rallying after posting calendar Q1 reports include online textbook rental/learning services provider Chegg (CHGG +14.6%), salvage auction site Liquidity Services (LQDT +10.3%), optical component maker Emcore (EMKR +6.7%), and health site owner WebMD (WBMD +6.7%).
- Companies declining following earnings include cloud fleet management software vendor Fleetmatics (FLTX -6.8%), seismic hardware provider Ion Geophysical (IO -11.8%), and online stock photo marketplace Shutterstock (SSTK -4.7%).
- Chegg beat Q1 estimates on the back of an 89% Y/Y increase in digital revenue (now 39% of total revenue. Q2 revenue guidance of $61M-$65M and full-year guidance of $300M-$315M is respectively favorable to consensus estimates of $62.2M and $304.3M at the midpoints.
- Beaten-down Liquidity beat FQ2 estimates while reporting a 16.6% Y/Y drop in GMV to $189.4M. FQ3 guidance is for GMV of $175M-$200M and EPS of $0.05-$0.10 (below an $0.11 consensus).
- Emcore beat FQ2 estimates and is guiding for FQ3 broadband fiber division revenue of $19M-$21M, above an $18.5M consensus.
- WebMD beat Q1 estimates on the back of 21% Y/Y increases in monthly unique users (210M) and page views (4.25B). Q2 revenue guidance of $145M-$148M is below a $151.9M consensus, but full-year revenue guidance of $615M-$635M has been reiterated.
- Fleetmatics beat Q1 estimates, but also guided for Q2 revenue of $67.9M-$68.7M and EPS of $0.24-$0.26, below a consensus of $69.5M and $0.30. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $281M-$283M and EPS of $1.26-$1.30 vs. a consensus of $288.8M and $1.29.
- Ion, hit hard by declining oil exploration work, missed Q1 estimates while reporting 79%, 49%, and 12% Y/Y drops in Solutions, Systems, and Software revenue. The company expects "an increase in exploration spending over the back half of the year, albeit at lower than historical levels."
- Shutterstock beat Q1 estimates, but also forecast Q2 revenue of $104M-$106M (below a $106.1M consensus). 2015 revenue guidance of $436M-$444M is in-line with a $439.5M consensus.
- Previously covered: Alibaba, Qorvo, SunEdison, MeetMe, Priceline, Teradata, Activision, Gogo, Atmel, Varonis, Zynga
Wed, May 6, 4:03 PM
Tue, Feb. 24, 4:39 PM
- WebMD Health (NASDAQ:WBMD) beat expectatations on revenues and EBITDA as traffic gains boosted ad revenue, and private-portal and info services revenues contributed to an overall 11% gain in sales.
- EBITDA of $48.1M beat expectations of $45.97M.
- Traffic numbers: 190M unique users/month (up 22% Y/Y) generating 3.7B page views for Q4 (up 17%).
- Revenue breakouts: Advertising and sponsorship, $127M (up 5.7%); Private portal services, $28.6M (up 30.6%); Information services, $7.1M (up 69%).
- WebMD used $25.1M in Q4 to buy back stock, has used another $3.2M since, and has about $32M left for buybacks under current authorization.
- The company guided to Q1 revenues of $141M-$143M (on the light side of expected $144.5M) and adjusted EBITDA of $37M-38M vs. expected $38.2M. For full 2015, it expects revenues of $615M-635M and EBITDA of $180M-$190M (both in line with expectations).
- Conference call at 4:45 p.m. ET.
- Shares -1% after hours.
- Press release
Tue, Feb. 24, 4:04 PM
Tue, Jan. 13, 7:44 AM| Tue, Jan. 13, 7:44 AM | Comment!
Nov. 5, 2014, 4:17 PM
- Though it slightly beat Q3 revenue estimates (while slightly missing on EPS), WebMD (NASDAQ:WBMD) is guiding for Q4 revenue of $152M-$162M; the midpoint is below a $161.2M consensus.
- The company has once more upped its buyback authorization; it now has $50M in available funds. $98.9M was spent on buybacks in Q3, and $10.2M has been spent thus far in Q4.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 5, 2014, 4:03 PM
Aug. 5, 2014, 6:05 PM
- WebMD Health Corp. (WBMD -1.6%) Q2 results: Revenue: $140.4M (+12.1%); Net Income: $9.7M (+273.1%); EPS: $0.23 (+360.0%); Quick Assets: $781.3M; CF Ops: $42.0M (+23.5%).
- Unique users per month: 179.4M (+43%); page views: 3.46B (+31%).
- 2014 Guidance: Revenue: $570M - 580M; non-GAAP EBITDA: $152.5M - 157.5M; net income: $36.5M - 40.5M.
- Q3 Guidance: Revenue: $140M - 143M; non-GAAP EBITDA: $37.5M - 39.5M; net income: $8.5M - 9.5M.
Aug. 5, 2014, 4:02 PM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:32 PM
- WebMD (WBMD) expects Q2 revenue of $137M-$140M vs. a $139.7M consensus. Net income is expected to be in a range of $7.5M-$8.5M, up from Q1's $6.3M. Full-year guidance (hiked on April 14) is reiterated, and WebMD's buyback authorization has been raised by $30M to $44M. Shares +1.6% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Brightcove (BCOV) expects Q2 revenue of $29.7M-$30.2M and EPS of -$0.11 to $0.12, below a consensus of $31.1M and -$0.10. Full-year guidance is healthier: Revenue of $126M-$130M and EPS of -$0.19 to -$0.25 vs. a consensus of $128.5M and -$0.35. Shares +7.2% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- LifeLock (LOCK) expects Q2 revenue of $113M-$114M and EPS of $0.03-$0.04 vs. a consensus of $112.6M and $0.06. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $460M-$468M and EPS of $0.44-$0.48 vs. a consensus of $463.5M and $0.45. Shares -3.8% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
Apr. 30, 2014, 4:04 PM
Apr. 14, 2014, 9:18 AM
- WebMD (WBMD) expects Q1 revenue to be at the high end of a prior guidance range of $130M-$133M; the consensus is at $132.1M. Adjusted EBITDA and net income are expected to be slightly above prior guidance ranges of $28.5M-$30.5M and 3%-4% of revenue, respectively.
- Full-year revenue, adjusted EBITDA, and net income are now expected to be at the high end of prior guidance ranges of $545M-$575M, and $140M-$155M, and $27M-$39M; the revenue consensus is at $572.6M.
- WebMD also reports its Q1 unique users and page views respectively rose 32% and 26% Y/Y to 174M and 3.5B, and that it only has $18M remaining on its buyback authorization. The company had $51M remaining on March 21, following a $40M hike.
- Q1 results arrive on April 30.
Feb. 20, 2014, 4:19 PM
Feb. 20, 2014, 12:10 AM| Feb. 20, 2014, 12:10 AM | 2 Comments
Feb. 19, 2014, 5:35 PM| Feb. 19, 2014, 5:35 PM | Comment!
WBMD vs. ETF Alternatives
WebMD Health Corp provides health information services to consumers, physicians and other healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through its public and private online portals and health-focused publications.
Other News & PR