Thu, Apr. 28, 12:43 PM
- WCI Communities (WCIC -5.3%) yesterday reported a sizable earnings beat, but new orders fell 1.9% to 310 during the quarter. They had risen 30% in Q4.
- At issue may have been Easter occurring in March instead of April, as Raymond James analyst Buck Horne notes 35% order growth in February, and a 24% contraction in March.
- Also at work, suggests Horne, was a warm winter outside of Florida this year, stock market volatility, and higher home prices.
- "[I]t now appears active adult demand in Southwest Florida was more deeply impacted this spring by a variety of factors, which in turn, reduces our visibility on a near-term catalyst to support a Strong Buy rating," says Horne, downgrading to Outperform.
- Previously: WCI Communities beats by $0.08, beats on revenue (April 27)
Feb. 27, 2015, 11:26 AM
- After this week's post-earnings moonshot for the busy Florida homebuilder, Citigroup downgrades WCI Communities (WCIC +2.3%) to Neutral from Buy. The stock's ahead nearly 20% since the company reported a big fourth quarter on Wednesday.
- Previously: Hot hand continues for high-end Florida homebuilder (Feb. 25)
- Previously: WCI Communities beats by $0.18, beats on revenue (Feb. 25)
Aug. 15, 2014, 9:47 AM
- Outliers to the upside among the homebuilders in early action are WCI Communities (WCIC +3.2%) and Beazer Homes (BZH +1.9%) after upgrades from Citigroup.
- Ringing the register on its Sell call on Beazer after a 27% YTD decline in the stock, Citi upgrades to Neutral. WCI is boosted to Buy from Neutral
WCI Communities, Inc. operates as a homebuilding and real estate services company. It is a lifestyle community developer and luxury homebuilder of single-and multi-family homes in most of coastal Florida's growth and largest markets. It operates through the following segments: Homebuilding, Real... More
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Residential Construction
Country: United States