Oct. 2, 2014, 1:06 PM
- The ProShares Managed Futures Strategy (NYSEARCA:FUTS) seeks profits in rising and falling markets by taking long and short positions in futures across asset classes such as commodities, currencies and fixed income.
- Weights for contracts within the fund are determined by a proprietary risk-weighting methdology, so that each contract contributes the same level of risk to the index.
- Other managed futures ETFs: WDTI, FMF
Sep. 18, 2014, 3:21 PM
- Seven new firms bringing 65 funds to Schwab ETF OneSource gives investors 182 ETFs from 13 different fund companies to choose from with no online trade commission.
- Among those now part of the program is WisdomTree (WETF +2.8%), whose DGRW, DGRS, DGRE, IHDG, DRW, and WDTI will be available commission-free (online) to Schwab customers.
- Schwab ETF OneSource has $31B in AUM, with YTD infows of $5.9B representing 45% of all Schwab (SCHW +1.8%) ETF flows.
Aug. 6, 2013, 10:45 AM
- The First Trust Morningstar Managed Futures Strategy ETF (FMF) is an actively managed ETF that will help investors diversify investment returns via long/short strategies in a wide variety of futures contracts.
- FMF competes directly with WisdomTree Managed Futures Strategy ETF (WDTI) and both have an annual expense ratio of 0.95%.
Apr. 26, 2013, 7:50 PM
BlackRock announced it will liquidate the iShares Diversified Alternatives Trust (ALT) next month. "Based on the review and client feedback, it appears this product has a limited role in today’s investment portfolios, and we have seen little long-term demand," said Patrick Dunne, head of Global Markets and Investments for BlackRock. This will be the first closure for an iShares ETF since 2002.| Apr. 26, 2013, 7:50 PM | 2 Comments