Apr. 1, 2014, 5:44 AM
- Finland's Metso (MXCYY) has confirmed a report that it has received an approach from Scottish peer Weir (WEIGF) about a possible merger.
- Metso is considering Weir's proposal, although the companies aren't in talks and nor have they held them.
- The U.K.'s Times newspaper reported earlier that that companies are in discussions about an £8.5B ($14.17B) deal. (PR)
Apr. 1, 2014, 4:56 AM
- Scottish engineering firm Weir Group is in informal talks with Finland's Metso (MXCYY) about a merger valued at £8.5B ($14.17B), the U.K. Times newspaper reports.
- The deal would bring together two companies that operate in the market for industrial pumps and valves for the energy and mining markets. Weir is already doing particularly well from the fracking boom.
Currently, there's no company description for WEIGY.
Country: United Kingdom
Other News & PR