What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jul. 30, 2014, 4:07 PM
- Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM): FQ3 EPS of $0.41 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $3.38B (+10.5% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
- Shares -6.5%.
Jul. 10, 2014, 1:06 PM
- Cantor Fitzgerald thinks Whole Foods Market (WFM -1.6%) needs to peel off some more share price before investors should jump in.
- The combination of slower growth trends and higher input costs creates some operational challenges which haven't been fully factored in yet, according to analyst Ajay Jain.
- Whole Foods Market is down 34.8% YTD and is 42.4% off its 52-week high.
Jul. 8, 2014, 11:21 AM
- A harsh downgrade from Goldman Sachs on The Fresh Market has soured the mood in the specialty grocery store sector.
- Heightened pricing competition and increasing input costs could make it hard for the companies to meet earnings estimates this quarter, warn analysts.
- On the move: Whole Foods Market (WFM) -1.5%, Fairway Group (FWM) -4.2%, Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM) -1.7%.
Jun. 25, 2014, 5:46 PM
- Deutsche Bank sees tough times for Supervalu (SVU) and Safeway (SWY) if and when Amazon (AMZN) expands its AmazonFresh grocery delivery service beyond its three current test markets.
- Kroger (KR) should fare better due to its strong price positioning and weighted average market share positions, and natural/organic specialty players are better positioned to absorb AMZN’s expansion, with Whole Food (WFM) least at-risk due to its product mix, differentiated format, strong EBIT margins and very strong balance sheet.
- Morgan Stanley, however, doesn't see online as a major threat to brick and mortar food retailers after its own survey showed consumers’ interest in online ordering - either to be picked-up at store, or delivered to home - is very low.
Jun. 25, 2014, 10:55 AM
- Looking over the battered natural/organic growth group, Morgan Stanley buys the dip in Whole Foods (WFM +0.5%) and Sprouts (SFM +3%), initiating both at Overweight, but The Fresh Market (TFM -1.7%) is started at Underweight.
- Plain-jane and red-hot The Kroger (KR +0.2%), meanwhile, also rates an Overweight rating.
Jun. 25, 2014, 2:22 AM
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) will pay $800k after a year-long probe revealed one of its Californian stores charged more than the posted price on various items.
- Civil penalties of $630k will be paid to the city attorneys of Los Angeles, San Diego and Santa Monica, $100k will be given into a consumer trust fund, and $68k will be paid toward costs.
- The company will also implement a five-year monitoring period that insures correct pricing, increases supervision of its pricing practices and includes random audits.
Jun. 23, 2014, 10:20 AM| Jun. 23, 2014, 10:20 AM | 1 Comment
Jun. 5, 2014, 2:07 PM
- Whole Foods Market (WFM +4.2%) is lined up by Imperial Capital with an Outperform rating on the compelling valuation it sees at current levels. The investment firm has a $48 price target.
- There's also some chatter on the Street that Publix is interesting in a Whole Foods buyout or take-private deal.
Jun. 5, 2014, 12:13 PM
May 7, 2014, 9:27 AM
- The organic grocer sector is in chaos after Whole Foods Market (WFM) cuts its guidance with new competitors cropping up.
- Exec with Whole Foods gave a frank assessment on their previous outlook during the firm's earnings call last night (transcript).
- "We were overly optimistic... particularly in light of the rapidly changing competitive landscape," said co-CEO John Mackey.
- Whole Foods Market is down 18.5% premarket, while shares of The Fresh Market (TFM) are giving up 8.5% and Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM) is off 6.7%.
May 7, 2014, 9:15 AM
May 6, 2014, 5:40 PM
May 6, 2014, 4:21 PM
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) reports comparable store sales increased 4.5% in FQ2 to miss the estimate of analysts.
- The company cited a negative impact of 50 bp from the shift of Easter into FQ3.
- Gross profit as a percentage of sales fell 50 bps Y/Y to 36.4%
- WFM -10.3% AH
May 6, 2014, 4:07 PM
- Whole Foods Market (WFM): FQ2 EPS of $0.38 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $3.3B (+8.9% Y/Y) misses by $40M.
- Shares -9.2%.
Apr. 28, 2014, 1:09 PM| Apr. 28, 2014, 1:09 PM | 1 Comment
Apr. 14, 2014, 10:05 AM
Whole Foods Market Inc is a retailer of natural and organic foods and a Certified Organic grocer. The Company's products include seafood, grocery, meat and poultry, bakery, prepared foods and catering, coffee and tea.
Other News & PR