Plenty Of Upside Possible If Winnebago's New CEO Executes
Wed, Jun. 22, 7:37 AM
- Winnebago (NYSE:WGO) reports revenue rose 2.1% in FQ3 primarily due to higher shipments of 12.4% in motorized units and 62.4% in towables.
- Gross margin improved 50 bps to 11.1% primarily due to strategic sourcing initiative resulting in lower raw material costs and favorable product mix.
- Operating margin rate increased 160 bps to 7.6%.
- Total motor homes deliveries +12.4% Y/Y to 2,917.
- Total towables deliveries +62.4% Y/Y to 1,205.
- Dealer inventory: Motor homes +1.9% to 4,585; towables +29.3% to 2,358.
- WGO +6.43% premarket.
Wed, Jun. 22, 7:29 AM
Wed, Jun. 22, 7:04 AM
Tue, Jun. 21, 5:30 PM
Mon, Jun. 20, 1:15 PM
- Winnebago (NYSE:WGO) is up 4.6% in a strong move that might have something to do with a weekend report from the New York Post indicating that millennials are helping to boost RV sales in the U.S.
- RV sales will more than double this year from the level of the recession year of 2009, according to the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association which was cited in the Post article.
- The RVIA estimates wholesale RV shipments of 396.4K this year and 404.8K in 2017. Towable RVs are seen hitting 345.5K units in 2016 and 352.3K in 2017. The industry watcher confirms that "increasing numbers" of millennials are jumping into the RV market.
Mon, Jun. 13, 9:17 AM
- Camping World Holdings (CWII) files for an IPO. The RV retailer operates 120 locations in 36 states.
- The company recorded sales of $3.33B in 2015 and net income of $178.53M.
- The IPO funds will be used in part to fund new retail locations, according to the filing. That expansion could be a positive development for Winnebago (NYSE:WGO).
- SEC Form S-1
Thu, Mar. 24, 8:29 AM
- Winnebago (NYSE:WGO) reports revenue fell 3.8% in FQ2 due to lower motorized unit shipments of 3.4% and the company's exit of aluminum extrusion sales to outside customers.
- Gross margin improved 90 bps to 11.2% due in part to improved product mix and the realization of cost-saving benefits related to the company’s strategic sourcing initiative.
- Operating margin rate grew 90 bps to 6%.
- Motorhome retail registrations increased 3%.
- Total motor homes deliveries -3.4% Y/Y to 2,033.
- Total towable deliveries +57.7% Y/Y to 954.
- Dealer inventory: Motor homes -0.9% to 4,737; towables +22.9% to 2,306.
Thu, Mar. 24, 7:07 AM
Wed, Mar. 23, 5:30 PM
Dec. 21, 2015, 9:14 AM
- Winnebago (NYSE:WGO) names Michael Happe as its new CEO to replace interim CEO Larry Erickson.
- Happe was hired away from Torro where he was a VP of the residential and contractor businesses.
Dec. 17, 2015, 7:22 AM
- Winnebago (NYSE:WGO) reports lower FQ1 revenue than a year ago after motorhome deliveries fell off.
- Operating income as a percentage of revenue -40 bps to 6.0%. Gross margin was up 90 bps during the quarter.
- Motorhome retail registrations increased 3%.
- Total motor homes deliveries -5.4% Y/Y to 1,921.
- Total towable deliveries +50% Y/Y to 816.
- Management cited a strong booking trend for the current quarter.
- Previously: Winnebago misses by $0.05, misses on revenue (Dec. 17 2015)
Dec. 17, 2015, 7:07 AM
- Winnebago (NYSE:WGO): FQ1 EPS of $0.32 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $214.2M (-4.5% Y/Y) misses by $12.06M.
Dec. 16, 2015, 5:30 PM
Oct. 27, 2015, 11:25 AM
- Select vehicle stocks are weaker after Paccar (PCAR -5.9%) fell short of revenue estimates with Q3 earnings and Cummins (CMI -8.5%) warned on demand trends in Brazil and China.
- Paccar reported deliveries to the U.S. and Canada were up 3% during the quarter. New truck deliveries to Europe increased 11%. The story at Cummins was darker as revenue guidance was dropped.
- There's a bit of a contagion effect as truck, heavy-duty machinery, and RV sellers such as Navistar (NAV -13.2%), Winnebago (WGO -3.5%), Thor Industries (THO -1.6%), Caterpillar (CAT -0.8%), Manitowoc (MTW -3.6%), Polaris Industries (PII -0.8%), Arctic Cat (ACAT -4.6%), and Spartan Motors (SPAR -4.3%) are all weaker.
- Ford is also down off after an earnings miss and GM issued another million-car plus recall.
- Previously: Ford Motor misses by $0.02, beats on revenue (Oct. 27 2015)
- Previously: GM recalls 1.4M older vehicles due to fire risk (Oct. 27 2015)
Oct. 15, 2015, 7:11 AM
- Winnebago (NYSE:WGO): FQ4 EPS of $0.43 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $251M (+2.1% Y/Y) misses by $11.17M.
Oct. 14, 2015, 5:30 PM
Winnebago Industries, Inc. engages in the manufacture of recreation vehicles used in leisure travel and outdoor recreation activities. It builds motorhomes, travel trailers, fifth wheel products, and transit buses. The company was founded on February 12, 1958 and is headquartered in Forest City, IA.
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Recreational Vehicles
Country: United States
Other News & PR