Winnebago Industries, Inc.NYSE
Plenty Of Upside Possible If Winnebago's New CEO Executes
Thu, Oct. 13, 7:24 AM
- Winnebago (NYSE:WGO) reports revenue rose 4.9% in FQ4 due to higher shipments of 3.0% in motorized units and 57.5% in towables.
- Gross margin improved 90 bps to 12.1% due to lower raw material costs resulting from the Company’s strategic sourcing initiative, as well as favorable product mix and lower warranty expense.
- Operating margin rate expanded 50 bps to 7.2%.
- Total motor homes deliveries +3% Y/Y to 2,436.
- Total towable deliveries +57.5% Y/Y to 1,224.
- Dealer inventory: Motor homes +6.7% to 4,345; Towables +29.6% to 2,156.
Thu, Oct. 13, 7:14 AM
Thu, Oct. 13, 7:05 AM
Wed, Oct. 12, 5:30 PM
Mon, Oct. 3, 12:45 PM
Mon, Oct. 3, 12:00 PM
Mon, Oct. 3, 9:22 AM
Mon, Oct. 3, 8:18 AM
- Investors seem to love the move by Winnebago (NYSE:WGO) to acquire Grand Design Recreational Vehicles for around $500M.
- The early enthusiasm is based off the immediate synergy opportunities which will be presented to the company by the deal.
- Previously: Winnebago acquires RV maker Grand Design (Oct. 3)
- WGO +6.07% premarket to $25.00 (52-week high if it sticks).
Mon, Oct. 3, 7:41 AM
- Winnebago Industries (NYSE:WGO) says it acquired Grand Design Recreational Vehicle Company for ~$500M in cash and newly issued Winnebago shares.
- Grand Design is a manufacturer in the towables segment that is rapidly expanding its market share. The company reported revenue of $428M last year.
- "Grand Design has built a tremendous reputation and position in our industry by delivering quality products and high levels of customer satisfaction," says Winnebago CEO Michael Happe.
- Winnebago anticipates the acquisition will be immediately accretive to earnings.
- The transaction is expected to close by the end of Winnebago's FQ1.
- Source: Press Release
Wed, Jun. 22, 7:37 AM
- Winnebago (NYSE:WGO) reports revenue rose 2.1% in FQ3 primarily due to higher shipments of 12.4% in motorized units and 62.4% in towables.
- Gross margin improved 50 bps to 11.1% primarily due to strategic sourcing initiative resulting in lower raw material costs and favorable product mix.
- Operating margin rate increased 160 bps to 7.6%.
- Total motor homes deliveries +12.4% Y/Y to 2,917.
- Total towables deliveries +62.4% Y/Y to 1,205.
- Dealer inventory: Motor homes +1.9% to 4,585; towables +29.3% to 2,358.
- WGO +6.43% premarket.
Wed, Jun. 22, 7:29 AM
Wed, Jun. 22, 7:04 AM
Tue, Jun. 21, 5:30 PM
Mon, Jun. 20, 1:15 PM
- Winnebago (NYSE:WGO) is up 4.6% in a strong move that might have something to do with a weekend report from the New York Post indicating that millennials are helping to boost RV sales in the U.S.
- RV sales will more than double this year from the level of the recession year of 2009, according to the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association which was cited in the Post article.
- The RVIA estimates wholesale RV shipments of 396.4K this year and 404.8K in 2017. Towable RVs are seen hitting 345.5K units in 2016 and 352.3K in 2017. The industry watcher confirms that "increasing numbers" of millennials are jumping into the RV market.
Mon, Jun. 13, 9:17 AM
- Camping World Holdings (CWII) files for an IPO. The RV retailer operates 120 locations in 36 states.
- The company recorded sales of $3.33B in 2015 and net income of $178.53M.
- The IPO funds will be used in part to fund new retail locations, according to the filing. That expansion could be a positive development for Winnebago (NYSE:WGO).
- SEC Form S-1
Thu, Mar. 24, 8:29 AM
- Winnebago (NYSE:WGO) reports revenue fell 3.8% in FQ2 due to lower motorized unit shipments of 3.4% and the company's exit of aluminum extrusion sales to outside customers.
- Gross margin improved 90 bps to 11.2% due in part to improved product mix and the realization of cost-saving benefits related to the company’s strategic sourcing initiative.
- Operating margin rate grew 90 bps to 6%.
- Motorhome retail registrations increased 3%.
- Total motor homes deliveries -3.4% Y/Y to 2,033.
- Total towable deliveries +57.7% Y/Y to 954.
- Dealer inventory: Motor homes -0.9% to 4,737; towables +22.9% to 2,306.