May 13, 2015, 3:49 PM
- Energy MLPs are trading with mixed results, which is not in line with an analyst's expectation that several names in the space may be outperformers today after Williams Cos. (WMB +6.2%) agreed to buy Williams Partners (WPZ +22.7%).
- In an earlier note to investors, Credit Suisse named Plains GP Holdings (PAGP +1%), Targa Resources (TRGP +1.1%), NuStar GP Holdings (NSH -0.1%) and Western Gas Equity (WGP -0.7%) as MLPs that could climb on the news.
- Meanwhile, Wells Fargo says the deal is positive, since it reduces the WMB's cost of capital, will immediately increase its profits, and enhances its dividend growth outlook.
- Among major energy MLPs: EPD -1.5%, ETP +0.9%, PAA +0.2%, EEP -0.2%, MWE +2.2%, MMP -0.3%.
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:27 PM
- Western Gas Partners (WES, WGP) agrees to acquire Nuevo Midstream, a Delaware Basin gas gatherer and processor, for $1.5B.
- Nuevo's assets include a 300M cf/day cryogenic processing complex with an additional 400M cf/day of processing capacity scheduled to be in service in 2015, and 275 miles of gathering pipeline; more than 70% of Nuevo's gross margin is fee-based, and Western expects that following the acquisition more than 95% of its consolidated gross margin will be either fee-based or covered under its fixed-price agreements with Anadarko.
- Western expects the Nuevo acquisition to be accretive to its distributable cash flow per unit in 2015.
- Earlier: Q3 earnings
Western Gas Equity Partners LP owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets. The company has no operations other than its ownership of these interests in Western Gas Partners. Western Gas Equity Partners was founded in September 2012 and is headquartered in The Woodlands, TX.
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR