Thu, Nov. 5, 11:09 AM
- The Department of Justice is pressuring Electrolux (OTCPK:ELUXY) to divest its entire U.S. business, according to Bloomberg.
- The Swedish company plans to go to court in defense of the effort to buy GE's (GE -0.6%) appliances business. A lawyer for Electrolux says settlement talks with the DOJ have ended.
- Electrolux ADRs are down 2.5%, while home appliance giant Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) is down 2.2%.
Mon, Oct. 26, 12:45 PM
- Whirlpool (WHR +3.6%) trades higher after Raymond James notes the company's exposure to emerging markets is declining. The shift in sales mix could help margins.
- Whirlpool's sales increased 25% in Q3 before F/X whacked off a full 16 percentage points.
- The investment firm has shares of Whirlpool rated at Strong Buy with a $201 price target. Whirlpool hasn't traded over $200 since early last April.
Fri, Oct. 23, 6:25 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) reports sales rose ~25% if the impact of the currency swings is backed out in Q3.
- North America net sales were flat Y/Y at $2.8B (+3% excluding the currency impact).
- Europe, Middle East and Africa net sales increased 85% to $1.5B (+127% excluding the currency impact).
- Whirlpool Latin America net sales declined 27.3% to $0.8B (-7% excluding the currency impact).
- Whirlpool Asia net sales grew 120% to $346M (+127% excluding the currency impact).
- Gross margin rate improved 50 bps to 17.6%.
- Operating margin rate decreased 70 bps to 6.2%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $9.75 to $10.25; Adjusted EPS: $12 to $12.50; Free cash flow: ~$600M to $700M; Capital expenditure: ~$700M to $750M.
- Unit shipment growth in FY2015: North America: ~5%; EMEA: Flat to +2%; Latin America: ~-20%; Asia: ~-2%.
Fri, Oct. 23, 6:02 AM
Thu, Oct. 22, 5:30 PM
Wed, Oct. 21, 8:35 AM
Wed, Oct. 21, 6:11 AM
Tue, Oct. 13, 10:54 AM
- ICSC forecasts holiday retail sales will increase 3.3%. The mark is lower than the estimates from the NRF (+3.7%) and FTI Consulting (+3.9%).
- The research firm sees the furniture/home furnishings category (BSET, PIR, WSM, ETH, KIRK, HOFT, RH, KIRK) leading the way with sales growth of 4.9%.
- The estimates for the electronics and appliance stores category (BBY, CONN, HGG, WHR) is on the sluggish end with an 1.1% gain seen.
- The average yearly gain in holiday retail sales over the last ten years is +1.8%.
Fri, Sep. 11, 2:08 PM| Fri, Sep. 11, 2:08 PM | Comment!
Tue, Sep. 1, 7:13 AM
- Aga Rangemaster, the U.K. ovenmaker that agreed to sell itself to Middleby (NASDAQ:MIDD), has received a competing approach from U.S.-based Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR).
- Aga continues to recommend Middleby's agreed $201M offer despite opening its books to Whirlpool.
- Shares of the British range cooker company +11% in London.
- Previously: Middleby to acquire Aga for $202M (Jul. 15 2015)
Tue, Aug. 18, 9:31 AM
Thu, Aug. 13, 8:55 AM
Wed, Jul. 22, 6:42 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) reports sales rose 25% if the impact of the currency swings is backed out in Q2.
- North American business saw a sales increase of 1.0% to $2.7B after excluding the currency impact.
- Europe, Middle East and Africa business sales grew 79% to $1.3B (+127% excluding the currency impact).
- Whirlpool Latin America revenue fell 18.2% to $0.9B.
- Whirlpool Asia revenue +81% to $381M.
- Gross margin rate increased 57 bps to 17.38%.
- Operating profit margin decreased 30 bps to 6.8%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $9.50 to $10.50; Adjusted EPS: $12.00 to $13.00; Free cash flow: ~$700M; Capital expenditure: ~$750M to $800M.
- Unit shipment growth in FY2015: North America: ~4%; EMEA: Flat to +2%; Latin America: ~-15%; Asia: Flat.
Wed, Jul. 22, 6:04 AM
Tue, Jul. 21, 5:30 PM
Mon, Jul. 20, 11:36 AM
- Whirlpool (WHR -2.7%) trades lower on heavy volume after a short-selling boutique firms issues a negative report.
- Off Wall Street Research fired off a Sell rating on the appliance seller earlier today based off of negative pricing trends.
- Shares of Whirlpool have put in four losing sessions in a row.
Whirlpool Corp is a manufacturer and marketer of home appliances. It produces and sells washers, dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, microwave ovens, ranges, air purifiers, and other typical household appliances.
Other News & PR