Boingo Wireless: Easing Pain, Now Come The Gains
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Thu, Nov. 3, 7:38 PM
- Boingo Wireless (WIFI -2.6%) beat profit expectations with its Q3 results, though a 10% increase in revenues fell short of consensus and its loss widened from the prior year.
- Cash flow went positive, at $10.1M, and growth was driven by strength in the company's distributed antenna system, military and wholesale Wi-Fi segments.
- Net loss was $5.7M, vs. a year-ago loss of $4.8M. Adjusted EBITDA of $11.6M was up 36.5% and beat an expected $11M.
- Connects grew to 40.26M from the prior year's 27.79M; Distributed antenna system nodes grew to 17.7K (in a record quarter) from 10.3K.
- Revenue by segment: DAS, $15.96M (up 21.4%); Military, $10.1M (up 93%); Retail, $6.6M (down 14.6%); Wholesale-Wi-Fi, $5.9M (up 8%); Advertising and other, $2.2M (down 60.7%).
- Press Release
Thu, Nov. 3, 4:04 PM
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACET, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, AMBC, AMBR, AMED, AMH, ANET, ATSG, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BNFT, BOJA, BRS, CARA, CARB, CBS, CDR, CECO, CERS, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, COGT, CPSI, CRC, CSC, CSOD, CTRL, CWST, DCO, DCT, ECOM, ECR, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELY, EOG, EPR, EVC, EXEL, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FNGN, FOSL, FPRX, GCAP, GERN, GLUU, GNMK, GNW, GPRO, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GUID, GXP, HCI, HDP, HIL, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, INVN, IVR, JJSF, KAR, KHC, KMPR, KW, LADR, LCI, LGF, LGND, LNT, LOCO, LVS, LXU, MAIN, MDRX, MED, MEDP, MELI, MHK, MITT, MMI, MNST, MRC, MSI, MTD, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NE, NFG, NKTR, NNI, NPTN, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OTEX, OVAS, PBA, PCTY, PDLI, PEN, PETX, PFMT, PODD, QLYS, QRVO, RATE, RMAX, RP, RPXC, RTRX, RVNC, SBUX, SEM, SJI, SLCA, SPPI, SPXC, SSNI, STAA, STAG, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, SYMC, TAHO, THG, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TS, TSRO, TWLO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, UEPS, VRNS, VTL, WEB, WGL, WIFI, WTW, XLRN
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:25 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Wed, Jul. 6, 9:05 AM
- Boingo Wireless (NASDAQ:WIFI) announces that it has teamed up with Amazon to offer Wi-Fi to Android phone and tablet customers who download Boingo’s Wi-Finder app from Amazon Underground.
- Starting today, the offer will give Underground customers a six-month free subscription to Boingo’s Wi-Fi service available at thousands of hotspots.
- Boingo now offers services in 50% of North America’s top 50 airports, and 30% of the world’s top 30 airports, plus more than a million hotspots around the globe.
- Source: Press Release
Thu, May 5, 4:07 PM
- Boingo Wireless (NASDAQ:WIFI): Q1 EPS of -$0.27 in-line.
- Revenue of $34.5M (+17.3% Y/Y) beats by $0.95M.
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Thu, Feb. 25, 4:12 PM
- Boingo Wireless (NASDAQ:WIFI): Q4 EPS of -$0.10 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $38.8M (+15.4% Y/Y) misses by $0.91M.
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ADSK, AEGR, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMH, ATLS, AXLL, BGS, BIDU, BIO, BLOX, BMRN, BVN, CBI, CBPO, CLVS, COWN, CSU, CVT, DGI, DK, DKL, DLR, EBS, ENV, EOG, EVC, GERN, GG, GPS, GSAT, HASI, HEI, HK, HLF, HTGC, HWAY, IART, IM, IMMR, INTU, KBR, KHC, KND, KW, KWR, LYV, MACK, MAIN, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNST, MTZ, NDLS, NNI, NTRI, OLED, OUT, OVAS, PANW, PBA, PEGA, PFMT, PODD, PRAA, RARE, RBA, RLOC, RPTP, RRC, RRMS, RTRX, SBAC, SEM, SEMG, SPLK, SPNC, SSRI, STAG, STMP, STRZA, SWN, TSRO, TWOU, TXMD, UHS, WIFI, WPG, WTW, XNPT, ZOES
Dec. 28, 2015, 12:16 PM
Nov. 5, 2015, 4:45 PM
- Boingo Wireless (NASDAQ:WIFI): Q3 EPS of -$0.13 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $37.2M (+20.7% Y/Y) beats by $1.23M.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ACHN, AEGR, AGO, AHS, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALIM, AMBR, AMRS, AMTG, ANET, ARCW, ATHX, ATSG, BBG, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BLDR, BPI, BRKS, BRS, CALD, CBI, CERS, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CORT, CPST, CSOD, CTCT, CUBE, CYBR, CYTX, DATA, DIOD, DIS, DMD, DWA, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELON, EOG, ERII, EVC, EXAR, FICO, FNGN, FTEK, FXCM, GDOT, GERN, GLUU, GSAT, GSM, GST, GXP, HAIN, HBM, HE, HK, HNSN, HTGC, ICUI, INAP, INFI, INWK, IRG, JJSF, KHC, KTOS, LBTYA, LNT, MAIN, MASI, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MITK, MNST, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NKTR, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, OREX, OUT, PCTY, PETX, PKI, PLT, PODD, PRAA, PRO, PXLW, QRVO, RATE, RBA, RLYP, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RRTS, SEMG, SHAK, SKUL, SLH, SNAK, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TRIP, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TTWO, UBNT, UEPS, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WG, WIFI, WTW, XOMA, YUME
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:23 PM
- Boingo Wireless (NASDAQ:WIFI): Q2 EPS of -$0.16 in-line.
- Revenue of $34.3M (+20.8% Y/Y)
Jul. 29, 2015, 11:12 AM
- Deutsche Telekom (OTCQX:DTEGY +1.5%) and Boingo Wireless (WIFI -1.3%) have inked a global roaming deal giving DT's business customers access to Boingo's million-plus network of Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide, in more than 50 countries.
- DT recently launched its "Business WiFi" product to customers. Boingo, for its part, recently added more than 100K Time Warner Cable hotspots in the U.S. to its network.
- Along with the deal, Deutsche Telekom is dealing with BSG Wireless to ease connections for its business users.
Jun. 9, 2015, 8:47 PM
- Wi-Fi provider Boingo Wireless (NASDAQ:WIFI) expects good things from a Charter-Time Warner Cable deal, with a bigger market for its services.
- The company signed a roaming agreement last year with TWC to give its customers access to more than 100 locations, and it doesn't think the merger will affect potential: "Whether we do a deal with Charter before the merger or after, it doesn't really matter," said CTO Derek Peterson to Wireless Week. "If we can get the Charter customers connected, we're all for it."
- He sounded upbeat about Wi-Fi's potential to offload traffic from overstuffed cellular networks, but acknowledged challenges ahead, such as exploiting LTE over Unlicensed spectrum: "We're going to have to find ways to make it all work together, but I haven't seen LTE-U work in all the different areas where it would need to work," he said.
- Questioned about competing with airborne providers like Gogo, Peterson said spectrum was an issue, at least for now: "There are challenges there with quality that you just have to be aware of."