G. Willi-Food International, Ltd.NASDAQ
G. Willi-Food International - Insider Chaos Or A Solid Cash Net-Net Opportunity?
Jan Svenda • 36 Comments
Jan Svenda • 36 Comments
Tue, Nov. 22, 3:23 PM
- G. Willi-Food International (WILC +7.6%) spikes after the company reports Q3 results and institutes a policy of issuing a regular annual dividend at a rate of at least 25% of its annual after-tax revenues.
- Previously: G. Willi-Food declares $0.3776 dividend (Nov. 22)
- Previously: G. Willi-Food reports Q3 results (Nov. 22)
Tue, Nov. 22, 2:50 PM
Tue, Nov. 22, 1:42 PM
Mon, Aug. 15, 12:01 PM
Mon, Aug. 15, 11:55 AM
Mon, Jul. 18, 7:01 AM
- G. Willi-Food International (NASDAQ:WILC) announces that the company's board of directors appointed Mr. Ilan Admon as Chairman in lieu of his current position as deputy chairman
- Admon replaces Gregory Gurtovoy, and has appointed Mr. Iram Graiver as President in lieu of his current position as CEO.
- The company is currently in the process of nominating a new CEO in lieu of Mr. Graiver. G. Willi says the changes were carried out in order to adjust its senior management structure to its current compensation policy. A new compensation policy is expected to be submitted to shareholder approval in Q4.
- Source: Press Release
Mon, Jul. 11, 2:12 PM
- A bill requiring food companies to label GMO ingredients was approved by the U.S. Senate by a 63 to 30 vote and now heads to the House of Representatives.
- The negotiated bill requires food companies to label genetically modified food by a phrase, symbol on the package, or a bar code that can be scanned by smartphones.
- The Department of agriculture still has two years to write the precise labeling rules if the House approves the bill.
- The passage of the bill is seen as a positive for the food sector as the alternative of having to adhere to state-by-state rules could create operational chaos for national sellers.
- Food stocks: SENEA, SENEB, THS, OTCPK:NCRA, CPB, MDLZ, GIS, OTCPK:NSRGY, FLO, CAG, DF, SJM,DF, ANFI, JJSF, WWAV, UL, OTCQX:DANOY, OTCPK:PLATF, POST, K, PEP, DMND, PF, HAIN, KO, BETR, KHC, WILC, PPC, PF, LWAY, HRL, TSN, DTEA, SAFM, BRID.
Thu, Jul. 7, 1:16 PM
- M&A intrigue has been ratcheted up in the food sector after Danone ponied up $10B for WhiteWave Foods.
- Stocks trading well-above broad market averages today include Lifeway Foods (LWAY +6.4%), G. Willi Food-International (WILC +5.9%), DAVIDsTEA (DTEA +4.7%), Golden Enterprises (GLDC +2.6%), and Snyder's-Lance (LNCE +3%).
- Just don't expect PepsiCo (PEP +1.8%) to rush into an acquisition half-fast after CFO Hugh Johnston told TheStreet.com that investors can assume the company hasn't found an advantageous large-cap target. "We expect to do small tuck-in acquisitions," said Johnston.
- Previously: Danone agrees to $12.5B deal for WhiteWave Foods (July 7)
- Previously: WhiteWave trades above buyout price, Hain Celestial on the move (July 7)
Fri, Jun. 10, 7:04 AM
- G. Willi-Food International (NASDAQ:WILC) announces That the company's wholly owned subsidiary Gold Frost signed an the extension with Arla Foods for a term of one year.
- Under the original agreement, Arla had the right to terminate the agreement on 18 months' notice if Gold Frost failed to satisfy the minimum purchase requirements.
Wed, Jun. 8, 1:24 PM
- G. Willi-Food (WILC) announced that Shneor Zalman Vigler has resigned from the Board of Directors effective immediately.
Tue, May 31, 2:23 PM
- G. Willi-Food (NASDAQ:WILC): Q1 EPS of NIS 0.36
- Revenue of NIS 82.6M (-4.1% Y/Y).
- Shares +5%.
Tue, Mar. 22, 12:44 PM
- G. Willi-Food (NASDAQ:WILC): FY15 EPS of NIS 0.52
- Revenue of NIS 312.51M (-4.9% Y/Y)
Thu, Mar. 17, 2:43 PM
- Shares of G. Willi-Food International (NASDAQ:WILC) remain under a prolonged trading halt tied to a Nasdaq request for information.
- The company expects to report unaudited 2015 results on March 22.
Wed, Feb. 17, 1:07 PM
- There's volatile trading around G. Willi-Food International (WILC -4.5%) off an unconfirmed report from Israeli media that the company's office have been raided.
- Volume on the kosher food provider is 38X normal activity.
Nov. 30, 2015, 2:34 PM
- G. Willi-Food (NASDAQ:WILC): Q3 EPS of $0.14
- Revenue of $19.5M (-3.5% Y/Y)
Nov. 13, 2015, 8:46 AM
- G. Willi Food (NASDAQ:WILC) says Gil Hochboim has resigned as CEO and CFO effective immediately, and appoints Iram Graiver as CEO effective in 30 days.
- Graiver has served as manager of business development for Ness TSG since April.
- WILC also says it is terminating management service agreements with companies controlled by co-Chairman Zwi Williger and President Joseph Williger.