Windstream Clearly Heading In The Right Direction
Terrier Investing • 12 Comments
Terrier Investing • 12 Comments
Why I'm Buying Windstream This Month
Windstream Holdings - A Bargain Price And Sustainable Dividend
NS Capital Partners • 49 Comments
NS Capital Partners • 49 Comments
Today, 6:48 PM
- The telecom sector has usually offered investors some solid dividend payers, but a separation in network quality between the top and smaller competitors is putting some dividends at risk.
- Three regional telecoms make Roger Conrad's "Endangered Dividends List" -- CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL), Windstream Holdings (NASDAQ:WIN) and Communications Sales & Leasing (NASDAQ:CSAL). They've got cash flow to cover payouts now, but profit margins keep shrinking.
- Windstream had effectively slashed its dividend nearly a year ago with the spinoff of CSAL, he says, and CenturyLink gave investors a 25%-plus haircut three years ago.
- Only five of 22 telecoms he looked at pay a higher dividend today than they did five years ago: AT&T (NYSE:T), Verizon (NYSE:VZ), Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Shenandoah Telecommunications (NASDAQ:SHEN), and Telephone & Data Systems (NYSE:TDS).
- CenturyLink might be first to make a cut, he says, as it's rolling over $1.35B in debt this year and faces heavy annual maturities from 2020-2025.
Tue, Jun. 14, 10:46 AM
- 16 months after the FCC voted 3-2 to impose tough net neutrality rules through its Open Internet order, a federal appeals court has upheld the ruling.The lawsuit challenged the FCC's ability to classify Internet providers as common carriers under Title II regulations, as well as to govern wired and wireless services via the same rules.
- The FCC's rules prohibit the blocking of legal content, the throttling of legal traffic based on content type, and the creation of "fast lanes" for certain types of content. The rules exclude services such as T-Mobile's BingeOn and Verizon's Go90, which don't count against a user's mobile data cap.
- Shares of major U.S. ISPs haven't moved much (if at all) in response to the ruling.
- The full ruling (.pdf)
- U.S. ISPs/carriers: VZ, T, CMCSA, CVC, S, TMUS, WIN, CTL, FTR
Fri, Jun. 3, 1:04 PM
- Windstream Holdings (WIN +0.8%) today says it's launching a major expansion of its metro fiber network in Nashville, Tenn.
- That also includes adding fixed wireless service that can tie in more commercial buildings.
- The move means increased connection of its fiber network to major data centers and commercial buildings in downtown, West End/Elliston Place, Midtown/Vanderbilt, Green Hills, Brentwood, Airport/Donelson and Cool Springs.
- Windstream has other major fiber expansion planned elsewhere -- in Atlanta, Minneapolis, Chicago, Cleveland and Philadelphia, among other cities.
Thu, May 5, 10:06 AM
- Windstream Holdings (NASDAQ:WIN) has slipped 5.4% after Q1 earnings that showed a greater loss due to impairment from the CS&L spinoff and declining customer metrics.
- Revenue by segment: Consumer and Small Business-ILEC, $397.2M (down 1%); Carrier, $163.2M (down 7%); Enterprise, $513.1M (up 2%); Small Business-CLEC, $128.7M (down 12%).
- In consumer operating metrics, households served fell 6% to 1.43M. High-speed Internet customers fell 4% to 1.1M; digital television customers slipped 8% to 350,100. Net household losses were 15,100 (24% faster than the prior year).
- Small business ILEC customers fell 7% (to 144,300), and CLEC customers dropped 19% (to 86,400). Enterprise business customers, however, rose 1% to 26,400.
- The company affirmed full-year guidance for service revenues of $5.275B-$5.425B and adjusted OIBDAR of $1.9B-$1.95B, with adjusted free cash flow of about $100M.
- Conference call link
- Press Release
Thu, May 5, 6:59 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Wed, May 4, 12:00 PM
Mon, Apr. 4, 2:44 PM
- Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) says it's launched its gigabit Internet service in four market areas across four states.
- The company has made the ultra-fast service available in Lincoln, Neb.; Lexington, Ky.; Sugar Land, Texas; and seven small communities in North Carolina.
- The move follows on Windstream's investments to speed up networks in Georgia and Texas earlier this month.
- Now read Windstream: Low Margin Of Safety »
Tue, Mar. 29, 4:47 PM
- Communications Sales & Leasing (CSAL +3.1%) today entered a deal to acquire 32 wireless towers owned by former parent Windstream Holdings (WIN +7.5%), along with operating rights to 49 towers that had been conveyed to it in its spin-off.
- That means the wireless carriers who lease that access will become CS&L's customers. The entire transaction costs about $3M and is expected to close in April.
- Along with the deal, CS&L will get rights to build and operate towers on about 1,000 properties that it's currently leasing exclusively to Windstream.
Tue, Mar. 29, 3:35 PM
- Windstream Holdings (WIN +7.7%) has closed on a $600M term loan, and bought back notes coming due under a tender offer.
- The company had planned through its Windstream Services unit to borrow $400M and launch a tender for up to $350M in its 7.875% senior notes coming due in 2017.
- The unit closed a larger loan and says it bought back just under $441.1M of those notes, for total consideration of $477.49M plsu accrued interest.
- After the buyback, some $369.47M in aggregate principal of those notes are still outstanding.
Mon, Mar. 14, 5:07 PM
- Windstream Holdings (WIN -0.4%) rebounded from a day where it was down as much as 3.4%, following news that it was seeking new term loans to refinance upcoming notes due.
- The company is looking to raise $400M in incremental term loans falling under an existing senior secured credit agreement. Proceeds will go toward a tender offer for up to $350M in 7.875% senior notes due 2017.
- Of those notes, some $810.6M is outstanding. Notes tendered by 5 p.m. March 28 will get $1,082.50 per $1,000 in principal, which incorporates a $30 early tender payment. The overall tender expires April 11.
Wed, Mar. 2, 9:32 AM
- Windstream Holdings (NASDAQ:WIN) today is rolling out enhancements to shore up its network in Georgia and Texas.
- Through 2016, the company plans to deploy new capabilities in its Georgia network to deal with greater data demand, with $38M in investment coming on top of an existing $80M invested in broadband infrastructure.
- So far, the company says it has about 620,000 households in the state serviceable by its High Speed Internet offering. Some 93% of households are served by fiber-backed facilities, and 75% are serviceable by 10 Mbps or greater speeds, a number it plans to raise to 84% by the end of 2016.
- Meanwhile, adding a data center in McAllen, Texas, to its 100G network will provide low-latency direct transport from there to several data centers in the company's footprint, including San Antonio, Dallas and Houston.
- "By expanding into McAllen, we are able to significantly broaden connectivity options for carriers in Central and Latin America, offering the reliable, secure and diverse routes required to support their growing domestic traffic needs," says Windstream's Mike Crimmins.
Thu, Feb. 25, 11:06 AM
- Windstream Holdings (NASDAQ:WIN) is 2.3% lower on the back of a Q4 report where revenues were flat and the company forecast revenue below expectations for 2016.
- Sales were near flat, declining less than 1% for both Q4 and for full 2015. Adjusted OIBDAR (excluding lease payment to CSAL) of $503M, a margin of 36%.
- The company broke out segment reporting for four business for the first time. Revenues: Consumer and small business ILEC, $398M (down 3%); Carrier service, $171M (down 5%); Enterprise service, $527M (up 4%); Small business CLEC, $132M (down 14%).
- For 2016, the company is forecasting total service revenue of $5.275B-$5.425B (below consensus of $5.557B) and adjusted OIBDAR of $1.9B-$1.95B. Capex is expected between $800M and $850M.
- Overall, Windstream reduced total debt by $3.5B in 2015 after spinning off Communications Sales & Leasing and selling its data center business.
- Press Release
Thu, Feb. 25, 6:10 AM
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACIW, AG, ALKS, AMCX, AMRN, AMWD, ANSS, APA, APLP, AROC, BBY, BUD, CCOI, CHS, CLDX, CM, CNSL, CORE, CPB, CPK, CRI, CVC, DPZ, EGRX, EME, EMES, ENOC, FCH, FCN, FIG, GLOG, GOGO, GTLS, GVA, HBM, HEES, HMHC, HTWR, INCR, IONS, IRDM, IRM, ITC, KERX, KOP, KSS, LKQ, MITL, NEWM, NPO, [[NTi]], NXST, PCRX, PDCO, PF, PGTI, PRIM, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RRD, RWLK, SAFM, SDRL, SEAS, SERV, SFM, SFUN, SHLD, SPAR, STWD, TD, TFX, TREE, TWI, UNT, UTHR, VAC, VC, VWR, W, WIN, WNR, WNRL, WPC, XCRA, ZBRA, ZEUS
Thu, Feb. 11, 3:56 PM
- Windstream Holdings (WIN +7.1%) has named two new boardmembers to replace two directors not standing for re-election.
- Jeannie Diefenderfer and Larry Laque have joined the board effective immediately. The two will be independent members.
- The two will replace Judy Jones and William Montgomery, who won't stand for re-election in May and will depart at the end of their terms after 10 years of service.
- Diefenderfer is an independent boardmember at MRV Communication and Westell Technologies. Laque is executive VP of global real estate and facilities at Discovery Communications.
Windstream Holdings, Inc. engages in the provision of communications and technology solutions. It offers enterprise and small business services including integrated voice and data services, multi-site networking, data center services, managed services, high-speed internet, and voice services;... More
Industry: Telecom Services - Domestic
Country: United States
Other News & PR