Tue, Jul. 19, 8:19 AM
Mon, Jul. 18, 5:30 PM
Wed, Apr. 20, 9:44 AM
Mon, Jan. 18, 2:59 PM
- Wipro (NYSE:WIT): FQ3 EPS of $0.14 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.94B (+7% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
- Headcount increased by 2,268 to 170,664.
- Declared an interim dividend of $0.08/ADS
Thu, Jan. 14, 1:12 PM
- Infosys (NYSE:INFY) has jumped to its highest levels since November after beating FQ3 revenue estimates (EPS was in-line) and raising its FY16 (ends March '16) dollar-based revenue growth guidance to 8.9%-9.3% from a prior 6.4%-8.4%, and above a 7.4% consensus. Credit Suisse has responded by upgrading to Outperform.
- IT outsourcing peers Cognizant (CTSH +5.3%), Accenture (ACN +2.6%), and Wipro (WIT +2.6%) have joined Infosys in outperforming. The Nasdaq is up 1.8%, and the S&P 1.6%.
- FQ3 details: Forex had a 4% impact on Infosys' FQ3 sales growth (8.5% vs. 12.5%). Gross margin fell to 37.2% from 38.7% a year ago. Operating expenses rose 11% Y/Y to $296M. Infosys ended FQ3 with $4.5B in cash, and no debt.
- CEO Vishal Sikka: "Alongside grassroots innovation, we continue to see growing adoption of our Aikido services, bringing the power of intelligent systems, automation and software to amplify the skills and imaginations of our people. This combination helped us deliver encouraging results despite the traditional seasonality of the quarter and the additional headwinds..."
- COO Pravin Rao: "The healthy volume growth this quarter has been encouraging. The lesser working days and our investments into additional trainees resulted in softer pricing and utilization for the quarter ... We continue to simplify our policies and enable greater agility within the company, with the goal of boosting our productivity."
- Infosys' FQ3 results, earnings release
Oct. 21, 2015, 8:33 AM
- Wipro (NYSE:WIT): FQ2 EPS of $0.14 in-line.
- Revenue of $1.91B (₹125.1B +7% Y/Y) misses by $70M.
Oct. 20, 2015, 5:30 PM
Oct. 12, 2015, 1:23 PM
- Though Infosys (NYSE:INFY) beat FQ1 revenue estimates (while posting in-line EPS) and reiterated FY16 (ends March '16) constant currency revenue growth guidance of 10%-12%, a strong dollar has led dollar-based revenue growth guidance to be cut to 6.4%-8.4% from 7.2%-9.2%.
- Also: The IT outsourcing giant has disclosed CFO Rajiv Bansal plans to resign. M.D. Ranganath, currently Infosys' head of strategic operations, will replace him.
- Forex had a 5.5% impact on FQ1 sales growth. COO Pravin Rao states "softness" is expected in financial services, aviation, energy, and mining demand. CEO Vishal Sikka notes industry pricing pressure is expected to continue, but does his best to stay upbeat. “Traditionally, the second half has given us dips in growth We are going to work very hard to make sure that we buck it this time. We have been foreseeing that all year.”
- Financials: Gross margin fell to 37.8% from 38.5% a year ago. Operating expenses rose 8% to $294M. Infosys ended FQ1 with $4.6B in cash, and no debt.
- Peer Wipro (NYSE:WIT), which reports on Oct. 21, is following Infosys lower.
- Infosys' FQ1 results, PR (.pdf)
Aug. 5, 2015, 9:39 AM
- With a Q2 beat on the books, Cognizant (NASDAQ:CTSH) now expects 2015 revenue of at least $12.33B and EPS of at least $3.00, above a consensus of $12.32B and $2.97. Q3 guidance is for revenue of at least $3.14B and EPS of at least $0.75 vs. a consensus of $3.13B and $0.75.
- Segment performance: Q2 Financial Services revenue (40.5% of total) +18.1% Y/Y to $1.25B. Healthcare (boosted by the TriZetto deal) +39% to $897.3M. Manufacturing/retail/logistics +12.4% to $578.3M. Other verticals +20.3% to $359.4M.
- Geographic performance: North America (78.6% of total, also boosted by TriZetto) +25.7% to $2.42B. U.K. +11.9% to $297.6M. Rest of Europe (hurt by weak euro) +2.2% to $204.7M. Rest of World +30% to $158.9M.
- Financials: Op. margin was 20.2%, down 80 bps Y/Y but slightly above Cognizant's 19%-20% target range. $153M was spent on buybacks. Cognizant ended Q2 with $3.54B in cash, and $1.06B in debt.
- Cognizant has made new highs. IT outsourcing peers Infosys (INFY +2.4%) and Wipro (WIT +2.3%) are also doing well.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 23, 2015, 9:25 AM
- Wipro (NYSE:WIT): FQ1 EPS of $0.14 in-line.
- Revenue of $1.92B (+7.9% Y/Y) beats by $80M.
Jul. 21, 2015, 10:08 AM
- Infosys (NYSE:INFY) is at its highest levels since April after beating FQ1 revenue estimates (while posting in-line EPS) and guiding for FY16 (ends March '16) revenue growth of 7.2%-9.2% (above a 6.5% consensus).
- Also going over well: Client adds rose to 79 from 61 a year ago, and the utilization rate rose 160 bps to 80.2%.
- An 11% Y/Y increase in operating expenses to $281M pressured EPS, as did a 50 bps Y/Y drop in gross margin to 36.4%. Infosys ended FQ1 with $4.75B in cash/investments, and no debt.
- IT outsourcing peers Cognizant (CTSH +2%) and Wipro (WIT +2.8%) are also higher. Wipro reports on July 23, and Cognizant on August 5.
- Infosys' FQ1 results, PR
Apr. 21, 2015, 8:20 AM
- Wipro (NYSE:WIT): FQ4 EPS of $0.15 in-line.
- Revenue of $1.95B (+0.5% Y/Y) misses by $40M.
Apr. 20, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jan. 16, 2015, 11:24 AM
- Range-bound Wipro (NYSE:WIT) is up strongly after posting in-line FQ3 EPS to go with a slight revenue miss, and guiding for FQ4 IT services revenue of $1.814B-$1.850B. Consensus for total FQ4 revenue is at $1.98B.
- The IT outsourcing giant has also announced CFO Suresh Senapaty will retire on March 31. Finance SVP Jatin Dalal will succeed him.
- IT services revenue totaled $1.795B in FQ3, up 7% Y/Y but slightly missing guidance of $1.808B-$1.842B. IT products revenue totaled $123M. 44 new IT Services customers were added vs. 50 in FQ2.
- FQ3 results, PR (.pdf)
Jan. 16, 2015, 8:21 AM
- Wipro (NYSE:WIT): FQ3 EPS of $0.14 in-line.
- Revenue of $1.9B (+4.4% Y/Y) misses by $80M.
Wipro Ltd. is a global information technology, consulting and outsourcing company. The company develops and integrates solutions that enable clients to leverage Information Technology (IT) in achieving their business objectives at competitive costs. It operates its business through two segments... More
Industry: Information Technology Services
Other News & PR