Westmoreland Makes A Transformation Acquisition At A Great Price
Safety In Value
Safety In Value
Oxford Resource Partners Offers Multi-Bagger Potential Despite Its Problems
GuruFundPicks • 18 Comments
GuruFundPicks • 18 Comments
Tue, May 10, 8:10 AM
Tue, Mar. 8, 7:16 AM
Oct. 23, 2015, 7:05 AM
- Westmoreland Coal (NASDAQ:WLB): Q3 EPS of -$2.59 misses by $2.21.
- Revenue of $349.8M (+3.5% Y/Y) misses by $40M.
Jul. 24, 2015, 7:02 AM
- Westmoreland Coal (NASDAQ:WLB): Q2 EPS of -$2.04 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.65.
- Revenue of $349M (+21.2% Y/Y) misses by $9.8M.
Apr. 24, 2015, 7:02 AM
- Westmoreland Coal (NASDAQ:WLB): Q1 EPS of -$0.67 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.24.
- Revenue of $371.5M (+106.2% Y/Y) beats by $37.95M.
Feb. 27, 2015, 7:15 AM
- Westmoreland Coal (NASDAQ:WLB): Q4 net income of -$41.1M.
- Revenue of $310M (+78.2% Y/Y) misses by $4M.
Feb. 3, 2015, 10:46 AM
- Arch Coal (ACI +8.9%) opens sharply higher after reporting a smaller than expected Q4 loss as it cut costs to $16.46/ton from $18.10/ton in the prior-year quarter.
- ACI says it is suspending its annual dividend to preserve current levels of liquidity, although Cowen analysts say the suspension will save only ~$2M/year.
- ACI says it had available liquidity of ~$1.2B at year-end 2014.
- Expects costs in the Powder River Basin and Appalachian region, which account for most of its coal production, to fall in 2015, reflecting an improved rail performance, the impact of lower diesel prices and a full year of steady production at its low-cost Leer mine in West Virginia.
- ACI also says it expects capital spending of $145M-$160M in 2015, roughly flat vs. 2014's $147M in capex.
- Forecasts FY 2015 coal sales of 130M-143M tons after selling 134.4M tons in 2014 and 35.2M tons in Q4 (+9% Y/Y).
- Other coal names also are higher: ANR +7.8%, BTU +5.6%, CLD +2.3%, WLB +2.6%, WLT +9.4%, CNX +1.7%, RNO +4.3%.
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:19 AM
- Oxford Resource Partners (NYSE:OXF): Q3 Net loss of -$10.3M
- Revenue of $94.5M (+7.9% Y/Y) beats by $15.4M.
Oct. 23, 2014, 10:19 AM
- Westmoreland Coal (NASDAQ:WLB): Q3 EPS of -$2.95 may not be comparable to consensus of -$1.14.
- Revenue of $337.8M (+91.1% Y/Y)
Aug. 5, 2014, 7:07 AM
- Oxford Resource Partners (NYSE:OXF): Q2 EPS of -$0.11 beats by $0.17.
- Revenue of $82M (-6.9% Y/Y) beats by $0.2M.
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACT, ADM, AEE, AKRX, ALLT, AME, AMSC, ANSS, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, BCRX, BLMN, CIE, CLDT, CNK, COH, CRZO, CVC, CVS, DWRE, EMR, END, ENZY, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, FUN, GLDD, GTIV, GTXI, HCLP, HCP, HEP, IART, IFF, IIVI, INFI, IT, KWK, LIN, LPX, MDU, MGM, MMP, MSI, MWW, MZOR, NILE, NNN, [[NTi]], NVDQ, NWN, ODP, OXF, OZM, PMC, RBA, REGN, RHP, RIGL, RTI, SCMP, SCOR, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, STE, TDG, VMC, VSI, VTG, WLK, WNR, ZBRA, ZTS
Jul. 29, 2014, 10:33 AM
- Arch Coal (ACI +3.5%) moves higher after its Q2 earnings loss came in better than expected as operating costs per ton fell 7%.
- Q2 sales fell 7% Y/Y to $713.8M, missing analyst consensus, but operating costs per ton fell to $20.55 from $21.19.
- ACI lowers its FY 2014 sales volume targets, including cutting its thermal sales volumes forecast to 124M-130M tons from 124M-132M tons to reflect the effects of transportation bottlenecks and the impact of a fall in steel production.
- Other coal names also are higher: ANR +4.3%, ARLP +2.4%, PVA +1.9%, WLB +1.9%, BTU +1.4%, RNO +0.9%, WLT +0.8%, KOL +0.4%.
Jul. 25, 2014, 7:08 AM
- Westmoreland Coal (NASDAQ:WLB): Q2 EPS of -$4.19 may not be comparable to consensus of -$1.15.
- Revenue of $288M (+77.2% Y/Y) beats by $71M.
May 6, 2014, 7:09 AM
- Oxford Resource Partners (OXF): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.24.
- Revenue of $78M (-12.1% Y/Y) misses by $0.25M.
May 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACOR, AER, AKRX, AME, ARCC, ARCO, ARW, BCE, BCS, CBOE, CNK, COCO, CRTO, CRZO, CYNO, DISCA, DNR, DTV, DWRE, EMR, EXH, EXLP, FE, GDP, GLDD, HCP, HFC, HPT, HSH, HSIC, HTH, IFF, ISIS, KWK, MMP, MNTA, MONT, MOS, MPW, MSO, MVIS, MWIV, NRG, [[NTi]], NUS, ODP, OXF, PDCE, PQ, PRIM, RDC, RHP, RTI, RTRX, STWD, TDG, TGH, TPH, TW, UBS, VMC, VSH, VTG, WCG, WNR, XRAY, ZBRA, ZTS.
Westmoreland Coal Co. operates as an energy company. The company operates through the following business segments: Coal & Power. The Coal segment includes the production and sale of coal from Wyoming, montana, North Dakota and Texas. The Power segment includes its ROVA operations located in... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Industrial Metals & Minerals
Country: United States
Other News & PR