Tue, Aug. 18, 7:18 AM
- Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) reports U.S. comparable-store sales rose 1.5% in Q1 as traffic increased 1.3%. Neighborhood Markets pulled a strong comp of 7.3% during the quarter.
- Operating income in the U.S. segment rose 4.8% Y/Y. Operating income -8.2% to $4.82B.
- International sales -9.4% Y/Y to $30.9B with F/X a significant factor. Operating income -14.2% to $1.28B.
- Revenue at Sam's Club -0.9% to $14.9B (+2.8% ex-fuel) off a comparable-store sales increase of 1.3%. Operating income -13.4% to $428M.
- E-commerce sales +16% Y/Y during the quarter.
- Guidance: The company full-year EPS of $4.40-$4.70 vs. $4.70-$5.05 prior and $5.07 consensus.
- Previously: Wal-Mart misses by $0.04, beats on revenue
- WMT-2.50% premarket to $70.09.
Tue, Aug. 18, 7:04 AM
Mon, Aug. 17, 5:30 PM
Tue, May 19, 7:19 AM
- Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) reports U.S. comparable-store sales rose 1.1% in Q1 on positive traffic.
- Operating income in the U.S. segment fell 6.8% Y/Y as a higher level of wages was pushed across some stores.
- International sales -6.6% Y/Y to $32.4B with F/X a significant factor. Operating income -11% to $1.2B.
- Revenue at Sam's Club -3% to $13.9B on a 0.5%. Traffic and average ticket both slightly lower during the quarter. Operating income -10.9%.
- E-commerce sales +17% Y/Y during the quarter.
- Guidance: The company expects Q2 EPS of $1.06-$1.18 vs. $1.17 consensus.
- Previously: Wal-Mart misses by $0.01, misses on revenue
- WMT-1.29% premarket to $78.89.
Tue, May 19, 7:05 AM
Mon, May 18, 5:30 PM
Thu, Feb. 19, 8:48 AM
- Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) reports U.S. comparable-store sales rose 1.5% in Q4, up 100 bps Q/Q and 190 Y/Y.
- The U.S. comp at Sam's Club was up 2.0%, while sales at Neighborhood Market grew briskly again with a 7.7% comp.
- International sales -3.9% Y/Y to $36.205B as F/X dragged.
- Revenue at Sam's Club +1.3% to $14.874B on a 0.5% increase in average ticket.
- E-commerce sales +22% Y/Y during the quarter.
- Segment operating income growth: Wal-Mart U.S. -0.6%, Wal-Mart International +66.4% , Sam's Club +29.1%.
- Guidance: The company expects FY16 EPS of $4.70-$5.05 vs. $4.99 consensus after factoring in F/X headwinds and a new wage structure change that will see associates make at least $10 per hour. Q1 EPS pegged at $0.95-$1.10 vs. $1.14 expected.
- Previously: Wal-Mart beats by $0.07, misses on revenue (Feb. 19 2015)
- WMT -1.5% premarket.
Thu, Feb. 19, 8:34 AM
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:30 PM| Wed, Feb. 18, 5:30 PM | 7 Comments
Nov. 13, 2014, 7:16 AM
- Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) reports comparable-store sales rose 0.5% in Q3.
- International sales + 1.7% to $33.7B.d
- Revenue at Sam's Club was up 2.3% to $14.39B.
- E-commerce sales +21% Y/Y during the quarter.
- Segment operating income growth: Wal-Mart U.S. -1.2%, Wal-Mart International +3.7%, Sam's Club +12.0%.
- Guidance: The company now sees FY14 EPS of $4.92-$5.02 vs. $4.98 consensus.
Nov. 13, 2014, 7:03 AM
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:31 AM
- Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) reports comparable-store sales were flat in Q2.
- The traffic in U.S. stores was down 1.1% and the average ticket price was down by the same level.
- Revenue for Wal-Mart International rose 3.1% to $33.9B during the period.
- The company lowers full year EPS guidance to $4.90-$5.15 from $5.10-$5.45.
- WMT -0.2% premarket
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:05 AM
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
May 15, 2014, 7:16 AM
- Wal-Mart (WMT) says severe weather in the U.S. cut into EPS by approximately $0.03 in Q1.
- Comparable-store sales growth in the U.S. was flat for the period.
- Global e-commerce sales rose 27%.
- Segment revenue growth: Walmart U.S. +2.0% to $67,85B; Walmart International -1.4% to $32.42B; Sams Club +0.1% to $13.89B.
- The company sets Q2 EPS guidance at $1.15-$1.25 vs. $1.28 consensus.
- WMT -2.8% premarket
WMT vs. ETF Alternatives
Wal-Mart Stores Inc operates retail stores in various formats under various banners. Its operations comprise of three reportable business segments, Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club in three categories retail, wholesale and others.
Other News & PR