Thu, Feb. 19, 8:48 AM
- Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) reports U.S. comparable-store sales rose 1.5% in Q4, up 100 bps Q/Q and 190 Y/Y.
- The U.S. comp at Sam's Club was up 2.0%, while sales at Neighborhood Market grew briskly again with a 7.7% comp.
- International sales -3.9% Y/Y to $36.205B as F/X dragged.
- Revenue at Sam's Club +1.3% to $14.874B on a 0.5% increase in average ticket.
- E-commerce sales +22% Y/Y during the quarter.
- Segment operating income growth: Wal-Mart U.S. -0.6%, Wal-Mart International +66.4% , Sam's Club +29.1%.
- Guidance: The company expects FY16 EPS of $4.70-$5.05 vs. $4.99 consensus after factoring in F/X headwinds and a new wage structure change that will see associates make at least $10 per hour. Q1 EPS pegged at $0.95-$1.10 vs. $1.14 expected.
- Previously: Wal-Mart beats by $0.07, misses on revenue (Feb. 19 2015)
- WMT -1.5% premarket.
Thu, Feb. 19, 8:34 AM
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:30 PM| 7 Comments
Nov. 13, 2014, 7:16 AM
- Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) reports comparable-store sales rose 0.5% in Q3.
- International sales + 1.7% to $33.7B.d
- Revenue at Sam's Club was up 2.3% to $14.39B.
- E-commerce sales +21% Y/Y during the quarter.
- Segment operating income growth: Wal-Mart U.S. -1.2%, Wal-Mart International +3.7%, Sam's Club +12.0%.
- Guidance: The company now sees FY14 EPS of $4.92-$5.02 vs. $4.98 consensus.
Nov. 13, 2014, 7:03 AM
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:31 AM
- Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) reports comparable-store sales were flat in Q2.
- The traffic in U.S. stores was down 1.1% and the average ticket price was down by the same level.
- Revenue for Wal-Mart International rose 3.1% to $33.9B during the period.
- The company lowers full year EPS guidance to $4.90-$5.15 from $5.10-$5.45.
- WMT -0.2% premarket
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:05 AM
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
May. 15, 2014, 7:16 AM
- Wal-Mart (WMT) says severe weather in the U.S. cut into EPS by approximately $0.03 in Q1.
- Comparable-store sales growth in the U.S. was flat for the period.
- Global e-commerce sales rose 27%.
- Segment revenue growth: Walmart U.S. +2.0% to $67,85B; Walmart International -1.4% to $32.42B; Sams Club +0.1% to $13.89B.
- The company sets Q2 EPS guidance at $1.15-$1.25 vs. $1.28 consensus.
- WMT -2.8% premarket
May. 15, 2014, 7:05 AM
May. 14, 2014, 5:30 PM
Feb. 20, 2014, 7:18 AM
- Wal-Mart (WMT) reports sales grew 2.4% in the U.S. in Q4 with comparable stores sales growth declining 0.4% for the period. Sam's Club saw a 0.1% dip for the quarter, while the Neighborhood Market store format saw comp growth of 5%.
- Revenue at Walmart International rose 1.3% to $136.5B as the retail giant experienced some of the same currency headwinds as other multinationals.
- The company plans to add 270-300 new Express stores after seeing good results with the initial 20. The development adds to projected capex spending for 2015 with the new forecast moving to $12.4B-$13.4B from $11.8B-$12.8B.
- Q1 EPS guidance is set at $1.10-$1.20 vs. $1.24 consensus.
- WMT -0.8% premarket
Feb. 20, 2014, 7:03 AM| 1 Comment
Feb. 20, 2014, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Feb. 19, 2014, 5:30 PM| 4 Comments
WMT vs. ETF Alternatives
Wal-Mart Stores Inc, operates retail stores in various formats under various banners. Its operations comprise of three reportable business segments, Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club in three categories retail, wholesale and others.
Other News & PR