Michael Fitzsimmons • 38 Comments
Tristan R. Brown
Tristan R. Brown
Dec. 21, 2015, 5:47 PM
- Northern Tier Energy (NYSE:NTI) +9.1% AH after Western Refining (NYSE:WNR) agrees to acquire the ~62% of the company it does not already own in a revised offer that values NTI at $2.43B.
- NTI unitholders will now receive $15/share in cash and 0.2986 of a share of WNR for each unit held; in October, WNR offered $17.50/share in cash and 0.2266 of a share for each NTI unit.
- The companies say the merger will result in a diversified refining asset base with three top tier refineries that have direct pipeline access to advantaged crude oil basins, and that the deal includes increased flexibility to sell NTI traditional logistics assets to Western Refining Logistics (NYSE:WNRL).
Nov. 2, 2015, 8:58 AM
- Western Refining Logistics (NYSE:WNRL) agrees to acquire Western Refining's (NYSE:WNR) 375-mile segment of the TexNew Mex pipeline and an 80K barrel crude oil storage tank located at its crude oil pumping station in Star Lake, N.M., for $180M in cash and units.
- WNR also will provide minimum volume commitments for 10 years of 13K bbl/day on the pipeline and ~80K barrels of crude oil storage.
- WNRL expects the pipeline and crude oil storage tank to generate 2016 EBITDA of $18.5M-$19M.
Oct. 26, 2015, 7:28 AM
- Western Refining (NYSE:WNR) says it has offered to buy the shares of Northern Tier Energy (NYSE:NTI) it does not already own in a deal that values the refiner at ~$2.52B.
- WNR, which currently has a ~38% stake in NTI, says it has offered $17.50 in cash and 0.2266 of its share for each NTI unit.
- NTI +9.1% premarket.
Feb. 16, 2012, 5:56 PM
Carl Icahn says he wants to put CVR Energy’s (CVI) refineries up for sale, and Oppenheimer thinks Marathon Petroleum (MPC) might be the best fit. MPC was sitting on $3B in cash at the end of Q4 and will see its capex fall as it completes large projects later this year. Icahn himself lists MPC along with WNR, HFC, TSO, VLO and COP as potential buyers.| Feb. 16, 2012, 5:56 PM