What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Dec. 31, 2015, 12:27 PM
- Westar Energy (WR -1.2%) is buying another 200MW of wind power from a NextEra Energy (NEE -0.9%) affiliate. The energy will be produced at a Kingman County, KS wind farm set to go live in early 2017. Westar will have the option to buy half the facility before "substantial completion."
- The purchase will bring Westar's total wind capacity above 1.7GW. NextEra, meanwhile, is 18 months removed from doing an IPO for its NextEra Energy Partners solar/wind plant unit.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:23 PM
- Westar Energy (NYSE:WR): Q3 EPS of $0.97 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $732.8M (-4.1% Y/Y) misses by $54.52M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, AFG, AIV, AMSG, ASH, ATVI, AWR, BIO, BKH, CBPO, CBS, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CIM, CKP, CSU, CSV, CVC, DAC, DENN, DHT, DK, DKL, DVA, DVN, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EPIQ, ETSY, EVRI, FANG, FARO, FIVN, FLTX, FMI, FOGO, GHDX, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HL, HLF, HRZN, IAG, IPHS, IRWD, ITRI, IVR, JCOM, KEG, LLNW, MPO, MTZ, MXL, MYGN, NFX, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OESX, OFIX, OKE, OKS, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, QUAD, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RP, RPAI, RXN, SLW, SSNI, SUPN, TDW, TMH, TSLA, TSRA, TX, UNTD, USNA, VNDA, WBMD, WR, WTR, X, XEC, XOXO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZNGA
Aug. 4, 2015, 5:36 PM
- Westar Energy (NYSE:WR): Q2 EPS of $0.47 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $589.23M (-3.8% Y/Y) misses by $33.87M.
May 5, 2015, 5:20 PM
- Westar Energy (NYSE:WR): Q1 EPS of $0.38 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $590.81M (-6.0% Y/Y) misses by $19.15M.
Feb. 25, 2015, 5:14 PM
- Westar Energy (NYSE:WR): Q4 EPS of $0.33 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $596.4M (+6.5% Y/Y) beats by $24.23M.
Nov. 5, 2014, 7:12 PM
- Westar Energy (NYSE:WR): Q3 EPS of $1.10 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $764.04M (+9.9% Y/Y) beats by $25.33M.
Oct. 20, 2014, 2:57 PM
- Westar Energy (WR +0.7%) is downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $38 price target at UBS on concerns about the outcome of next year's expected Kansas jurisdictional distribution rate filing in light of recent outcomes for Atmos Energy (NYSE:ATO) and Great Plains Energy (NYSE:GXP).
- The firm cuts its estimates for 2016 by a nickel to reflect the risk of an authorized return on equity between 9.5% and the current regulatory assumption of 10% that was established in the Nov. 2013 La Cygne scrubber case.
Aug. 6, 2014, 7:12 PM
- Westar Energy (NYSE:WR): Q2 EPS of $0.41 misses by $0.10.
- Revenue of $612.67M (+7.6% Y/Y) beats by $15.09M.
May 7, 2014, 5:54 PM
- Westar Energy (WR): EPS of $0.52 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $628.55M (+15.1% Y/Y) beats by $45.77M.
Feb. 26, 2014, 5:31 PM
- Westar Energy, Inc. (WR): Q4 EPS of $0.32 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $559.87M (+6.9% Y/Y) beats by $2.73M.
Feb. 26, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM| Feb. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM | 4 Comments
Jan. 8, 2014, 9:54 AM
- Gabelli recommends investors take advantage of the 2013 under-performance in utilities stocks (XLU) to selectively build positions, emphasizing that sector fundamentals remain strong, including solid balance sheets, positive credit outlooks and generally constructive state public utility commission regulation.
- Interest rates, natural gas prices and economic growth will continue to be major macro drivers of utility stock performance, while individual rate case decisions, service area growth and consolidation are the more important micro drivers, the firm says.
- Top ideas include Calpine (CPN), NextEra Energy (NEE), and Westar Energy (WR).
- More ETFs: IDU, VPU, RYU, PUI, UPW, SDP, FXU, PSCU, FUTY, UTLT.
Jan. 3, 2014, 8:45 AM| Jan. 3, 2014, 8:45 AM
Dec. 2, 2013, 12:59 PM
- Westar Energy (WR +1.7%) is upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman Sachs, which sees ~13% total return upside potential with its $34 price target vs. small/mid-cap regulated utility peers at 4%.
- As environmental projects on coal plants wind down in 2015, free cash flow and dividends should improve significantly, often the main driver of share price outperformance within utilities, the firm says.
- Goldman maintains its 2013 outlook but modestly slightly raises estimates for 2014, '15 and '16 on lower costs and remains above consensus by 2%-4% on average.
Westar Energy Inc is an electric utility company. It produces, transmits and sells electricity at retail in Kansas and at wholesale in a multi-state region in the central United States under the regulation of the KCC and FERC.
Other News & PR