Andrew Heyl • 12 Comments
Nov. 5, 2014, 7:12 PM
- Westar Energy (NYSE:WR): Q3 EPS of $1.10 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $764.04M (+9.9% Y/Y) beats by $25.33M.
Oct. 20, 2014, 2:57 PM
- Westar Energy (WR +0.7%) is downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $38 price target at UBS on concerns about the outcome of next year's expected Kansas jurisdictional distribution rate filing in light of recent outcomes for Atmos Energy (NYSE:ATO) and Great Plains Energy (NYSE:GXP).
- The firm cuts its estimates for 2016 by a nickel to reflect the risk of an authorized return on equity between 9.5% and the current regulatory assumption of 10% that was established in the Nov. 2013 La Cygne scrubber case.
Aug. 6, 2014, 7:12 PM
- Westar Energy (NYSE:WR): Q2 EPS of $0.41 misses by $0.10.
- Revenue of $612.67M (+7.6% Y/Y) beats by $15.09M.
May 7, 2014, 5:54 PM
- Westar Energy (WR): EPS of $0.52 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $628.55M (+15.1% Y/Y) beats by $45.77M.
Feb. 26, 2014, 5:31 PM
- Westar Energy, Inc. (WR): Q4 EPS of $0.32 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $559.87M (+6.9% Y/Y) beats by $2.73M.
Feb. 26, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM| Feb. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM | 4 Comments
Jan. 8, 2014, 9:54 AM
- Gabelli recommends investors take advantage of the 2013 under-performance in utilities stocks (XLU) to selectively build positions, emphasizing that sector fundamentals remain strong, including solid balance sheets, positive credit outlooks and generally constructive state public utility commission regulation.
- Interest rates, natural gas prices and economic growth will continue to be major macro drivers of utility stock performance, while individual rate case decisions, service area growth and consolidation are the more important micro drivers, the firm says.
- Top ideas include Calpine (CPN), NextEra Energy (NEE), and Westar Energy (WR).
- More ETFs: IDU, VPU, RYU, PUI, UPW, SDP, FXU, PSCU, FUTY, UTLT.
Jan. 3, 2014, 8:45 AM| Jan. 3, 2014, 8:45 AM
Dec. 2, 2013, 12:59 PM
- Westar Energy (WR +1.7%) is upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman Sachs, which sees ~13% total return upside potential with its $34 price target vs. small/mid-cap regulated utility peers at 4%.
- As environmental projects on coal plants wind down in 2015, free cash flow and dividends should improve significantly, often the main driver of share price outperformance within utilities, the firm says.
- Goldman maintains its 2013 outlook but modestly slightly raises estimates for 2014, '15 and '16 on lower costs and remains above consensus by 2%-4% on average.
Nov. 7, 2013, 5:27 PM
- Westar Energy (WR): Q3 EPS of $1.04 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $694.97M (-0.1% Y/Y) misses by $7.6M. (PR)
Sep. 23, 2013, 4:28 PM
- Westar Energy (WR) -1.9% AH after announcing a public offering of 8M shares of its common stock.
- WR expects to use the net proceeds to repay short-term debt under its commercial paper program, which is used to provide funds to finance its ongoing capital program, and for working capital and general corporate purposes.
Aug. 7, 2013, 6:42 PM
- Westar Energy (WR): Q2 EPS of $0.53 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $569.59M misses by $1.28M. (PR)
May 29, 2013, 2:41 PM
May 8, 2013, 5:24 PMWestar Energy (WR): Q1 EPS of $0.40 beats by $0.09. Revenue of $546.21M beats by $35.18M. (PR) | May 8, 2013, 5:24 PM
May 8, 2013, 12:10 AM
Notable earnings after Wednesday’s close: AHT, ALJ, ATLS, ATVI, AVNR, CF, CLNE, CLR, CTL, CTRP, CUZ, CXW, DEPO, DK, ERII, ETE, ETP, GMCR, GRPN, GSS, HALO, HEK, HNSN, JOE, LPSN, MBLX, MDR, MED, MIDD, MM, MNST, MNTX, MWE, NWSA, OSUR, PPO, PVA, QTM, RAX, RGP, RIG, RST, SGMO, SPRD, SSRI, STEC, SXL, SZYM, TCAP, TSLA, WR, XTEX| May 8, 2013, 12:10 AM