Dec. 2, 2013, 12:59 PM
- Westar Energy (WR +1.7%) is upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman Sachs, which sees ~13% total return upside potential with its $34 price target vs. small/mid-cap regulated utility peers at 4%.
- As environmental projects on coal plants wind down in 2015, free cash flow and dividends should improve significantly, often the main driver of share price outperformance within utilities, the firm says.
- Goldman maintains its 2013 outlook but modestly slightly raises estimates for 2014, '15 and '16 on lower costs and remains above consensus by 2%-4% on average.
Sep. 23, 2013, 4:28 PM
- Westar Energy (WR) -1.9% AH after announcing a public offering of 8M shares of its common stock.
- WR expects to use the net proceeds to repay short-term debt under its commercial paper program, which is used to provide funds to finance its ongoing capital program, and for working capital and general corporate purposes.
May 29, 2013, 2:41 PM
Feb. 8, 2013, 5:43 PM
Nov. 14, 2012, 2:05 PM
The utility sector is generally lower after New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo began an investigation into the state's utility providers, saying a major overhaul of the industry is needed. FirstEnergy (FE -1.3%), Northeast Utilities (NE -1.2%) and Westar Energy (WR -1.1%) are all down more than 1%.| Nov. 14, 2012, 2:05 PM | 3 Comments
Apr. 20, 2012, 3:12 PM
Sep. 16, 2011, 5:29 PM
Westar Energy (WR) raises its FY11 guidance due to an expected benefit stemming from the settlement of a legal dispute, plus a gain on the disposition of an investment written off in 1998. It now says FY11 EPS will be around $1.88-$2.03, above consensus estimates of $1.70. Shares +1.5% AH.| Sep. 16, 2011, 5:29 PM