Wed, Nov. 4, 10:09 PM
Tue, Nov. 3, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Fri, Oct. 30, 2:24 PM
Fri, Oct. 9, 10:16 AM
- Paper and packaging stocks are in rally mode off of positive signs in the sectors for pricing. The moves also arrive amid a broader rally in consumer products stocks this week.
- Also in the mix, there's a new study from RISI suggesting new Department of Commerce anti-dumping rules could benefit domestic suppliers.
- The bottom line is broad-based gains are being struck.
- Gainers include KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS +9.2%), Wausau Paper (WPP +2.1%), PH Glatfelter (RFP +1.9%), Domtar (UFS +0.9%), International Paper (IP +5.7%), Packaging Corporation of America (PKG +4.5%), WestRock Company (WRK +4.4%), Graphic Packaging Holding (GPK +1.1%).
Thu, Oct. 1, 6:24 PM
- WestRock (WRK +1.1%) says it's completed a $288.5M acquisition of paper firm SP Fiber Holdings.
- The move means it's taking on mills in Georgia and Oregon that make recycled containerboard and kraft and bag paper for consumer use. WestRock expects the new mills will balance the fiber mix of its mill system.
- The deal should be accretive to WestRock earnings in the second half of fiscal 2016.
- Shares of WestRock are flat in after-hours action.
Fri, Sep. 25, 10:35 AM
- Jefferies thinks shares of containerboard companies already factor in a decline in industry prices and look attractive on a long-term view.
- The investment firm thinks operating rates for major players will level out in the mid 90s from 2016 to 2018.
- Another development to watch in the containerboard sector is a potential change of heart at the IRS over the treatment of master limited partnerships. A MLP play is seen as attractive for several companies in the sector.
- Related stocks : IP, KS, RFP, GPK, WRK.
Tue, Aug. 11, 9:55 AM
- WestRock (WRK -0.7%) agrees to acquire recycled containerboard and kraft and bag paper producer SP Fiber Holdings, including the company's 48% interest in Green Power Solutions of Georgia, for $288.5M.
- WRK says SP Fiber's mills in Dublin, Ga., and Newberg, Ore., will balance the fiber mix of its mill system, and the addition of kraft and bag paper will diversify its product offering.
- WRK expects the transaction to generate significant synergies and be accretive to earnings in H2 2016.
Wed, Jul. 29, 11:09 PM
Fri, Jul. 24, 12:50 PM
Wed, Jun. 24, 7:01 AM
- RockTenn (NYSE:RKT) announces 63.8% of shareholders elected to receive the stock consideration in relation to the company's merger with MeadWestvaco (NYSE:MWV).
- 10% of shareholders opted for the cash consideration and 26.2% of shareholders failed to register a preference.
- The merger is expected to close on July 1.
- The new combined company will be called WestRock (NYSE:NYX) and trade on the NYSE.
Mon, Jun. 22, 11:25 AM
- Macquarie turns cautious on the containerboard sector.
- KapStone Paper & Packaging (KS -5.5%) is cut to Neutral from Outperform. The price target is lowered to $26 from $31.
- Price target reductions on International Paper (IP -3.7%), Packaging Corp. of America (PKG -3%), and RockTenn (RKT -3.7%) were also fired off due to a pricing cut on West Coast containerboard which tips more downside risk.
Thu, Jun. 4, 10:04 AM
- Containerboard stocks are off slightly as pricing concerns due to oversupply linger in the background.
- The sector is also facing a headwind due to a new IRS proposal which would limit income for publicly traded partnerships.
- MeadWestvaco (NYSE:MWV) -1.4%, Rock-Tenn (NYSE:RKT) -1.5%, Packaging Corp of America (NYSE:PKG) -1.1%, Graphic Packaging (NYSE:GPK) -1.1%, International Paper (NYSE:IP) -0.5%, KapStone Paper and Packaging (NYSE:KS) -0.5%.
Mon, May 18, 8:31 AM
Wed, Apr. 29, 6:22 PM
Wed, Apr. 29, 7:28 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ACCO, ADT, AME, AMED, ANTM, AVY, BC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CBG, CCJ, CFR, CRI, CVE, DHX, DX, DXYN, EDR, ETN, EVER, EXC, FCAU, FCH, FDML, FI, FUN, GD, GEL, GIB, GRMN, GRUB, GT, HCBK, HERO, HES, HLT, HOT, HUM, ICON, IDCC, IP, ISSI, LFUS, LINE, LL, LVLT, MA, MDLZ, MTOR, MWV, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OCR, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROL, SAIA, SAVE, SLAB, SLGN, SNCR, SO, SPIL, SPR, SPW, TRI, TWX, UMC, VRX, WEX, WM, WOOF
WestRock Co provides paper and packaging solutions in consumer and corrugated markets. The Company offers corrugated container, paperboard, partitions & protective packaging, containerboard and beverage multipacks.
Other News & PR