MeadWestvaco Is Not 'Deeply Undervalued'
Chad Brown, CFA
Chad Brown, CFA
Fri, Nov. 18, 11:36 AM
- WestRock (WRK +0.8%) plans to unload its unit that manufactures soap dispensers and perfume sprayers, sources tell Reuters.
- Bidders include Bain, Onex, Advent, Clayton Dublier & Rice and British firm RPC.
- A deal could off for as much as $1B (10X EBITDA). An overlapping sale by PE-owned Albea is also grabbing the attention of some of the bidders.
Mon, Nov. 7, 8:54 AM
- WestRock (NYSE:WRK) tops profit estimates with its Q3 report through benefits derived from its "disciplined" operational plan.
- "We’ve made considerable progress toward achieving our $1 billion synergy and performance improvement goal, and reached an annual run rate of $500 million as of the end of September," notes CEO Steve Voorhees.
- Pricing and mix were negative factors in the corrugated and consumer packaging segments during the quarter.
- Previously: WestRock beats by $0.08, beats on revenue (Nov. 7)
Mon, Nov. 7, 6:37 AM
Sun, Nov. 6, 5:30 PM| Sun, Nov. 6, 5:30 PM | 5 Comments
Fri, Nov. 4, 12:28 PM
Mon, Oct. 24, 8:29 AM
- The paper/containerboard sector is on watch after Buckingham Research increases estimates on International Paper (NYSE:IP), Packaging Corp of America (NYSE:PKG), and WestRock (NYSE:WRK).
- The investment firm tweeted this morning that $40/ton containboard price hikes are reflected in some current checks.
- International Paper is up 1.70% in premarket action.
Thu, Oct. 13, 11:09 AM
- Paper stock are showing some weakness on concerns raised by Cleveland Research on containerboard pricing.
- International Paper (IP -1.9%), WestRock (WRK -3.1%), KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS -2.8%), Clearwater Paper (CLW -1.5%), and Packaging Corp of America (PKG -2.2%) are all lower.
- Previously: Paper stocks slump on pricing anxiety (Oct. 5)
Wed, Oct. 5, 2:34 PM
- Paper stocks are lower on concerns over containerboard pricing.
- North American major containerboard producers were expected to push through a $50/ton price increase this week, but there is word that Georgia Pacific may be delaying its action until November.
- Decliners include International (IP -1.7%), WestRock Company (WRK -3.9%), KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS -4.9%), and Packaging Corp of America (PKG -2.2%).
Thu, Sep. 22, 6:48 PM
- Weyerhauser (NYSE:WY) was today's biggest mover in the S&P 500, surging 5.7% in its biggest gain since February 2012, after Goldman Sachs initiated coverage with a Buy rating and adding it to the firm's Conviction List, citing its “leverage to the housing recovery.”
- Goldman says WY has the best timberland assets in the industry, and views WY as the only way for investors to get exposure to the attractive timberland asset class through a liquid, large-cap publicly traded equity.
- The firm expect continued timberland price appreciation to drive WY’s stock price higher, as the value of its land ownership comprises ~75% of the company's enterprise value.
- Elsewhere in the U.S. paper and forest products sector, Goldman also awards a Buy rating to Boise Cascade (NYSE:BCC) because of its strength in wood products; the firm rates International Paper (NYSE:IP), WestRock (NYSE:WRK), Domtar (NYSE:UFS) and Enviva Partners (NYSE:EVA) at Neutral, and Packaging Corp. of America (NYSE:PKG) as a Sell.
Thu, Aug. 25, 3:08 PM
- Paper stocks are higher on word that pricing will increase in the sector. The analysis is based off a look at October contracts.
- Buckingham Research is on top of the siutuation, already tweeting that it raised price targets on International Paper (IP +4.2%), Packaging Corp of America (PKG +2.7%), and WestRock (WRK +5.3%).
- KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS +6.4%) and Clearwater Paper (CLW +1.2%) also broke higher in afternoon trading.
Mon, Aug. 22, 8:42 AM
- Wells Fargo says paper packaging stocks could see some volatility after a dip in semi-chemical medium pricing.
- The investment firm thinks Packaging Corp of America (NYSE:PKG) looks attractive to pick up on any weakness due to its lighter exposure and positioning.
- On watch: Greif (NYSE:GEF), WestRock (NYSE:WRK), KapStone (NYSE:KS), International Paper (NYSE:IP).
Tue, Aug. 16, 9:42 AM
- Buckingham Research analyst Mark Weintraub says a data read suggests that containerboard producers pulled back on the throttle in July.
- The sector is moving higher in early trading: International Paper (IP +1.9%), WestRock (WRK +3%), KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS +1.7%), Packaging Corp of America (PKG +1%).
Thu, Aug. 4, 8:26 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Fri, Jul. 29, 2:13 PM
Fri, Jul. 15, 12:00 PM