Watsco Remains A Top Investment In A Volatile Market
Wed, Apr. 20, 8:07 AM
- Watsco (NYSE:WSO) reports same-store sales rose 6% in Q1.
- The company saw 7% growth in HVAC equipment, including 10% growth in the U.S.
- Commercial refrigeration products sales grew 6%.
- Gross margin rate decreased 20 bps to 25%.
- SG&A expense rate improved 40 bps to 19%.
- Operating margin rate improved 20 bps to 6%.
Oct. 27, 2015, 11:15 AM
- Watsco (WSO -8.5%) reports 5% growth in HVAC equipment in Q3.
- Commercial refrigeration products sales increased 2%.
- Gross margin rate improved 10 bps to 24.3%.
- SG&A expense rate flat Y/Y at 14.9%.
- Operating margin rate expanded 10 bps to 9.4%.
- The company expects FY2015 diluted EPS in the range of $4.85 to $4.90 (+12% to +13% Y/Y)
Jul. 21, 2015, 8:07 AM
- Watsco (NYSE:WSO) reports 7% growth in HVAC equipment in Q2.
- Commercial refrigeration products sales grew 3% for the quarter.
- Gross margin rate improved 20 bps to 24.1%.
- Operating margin rate grew 50 bps to 10.2%.
- The company expects FY2015 diluted EPS in the range of $5.00 to $5.20 (+16% to +20% Y/Y).
Dec. 17, 2014, 12:27 PM
- While travel to Cuba strictly for tourism purposes remains prohibited for now, the U.S. is now allowing visits for a long list of other reasons, including family visits, journalistic activity, professional research, and educational and recreational activities.
- Also as part of the deal, American travelers will be allowed to import $400 worth of Cuban goods, including up to $100 of tobacco products. The products will not be allowed to be resold.
- This two-year-old profile of Thomas Herzfeld and his Caribbean Basin Fund (CUBA +35.8%) will be of interest. At the time of the article the fund held stakes in a number of companies who would likely see brisk additional business from an opening to Cuba, along with a number of securities - currently valued at zero thanks to the Castro's confiscations - which could rise from the ashes.
- One sector of interest is cruise ship operators: Royal Caribbean (RCL +3.4%), Carnival (CCL +2.7%), Norwegian Cruise (NCLH +1.6%).
- Other holdings of CUBA at the time of the article: Seaboard (SEB +0.7%) and Watsco (WSO +0.6%).
- Previously: U.S. and Cuba move to normalize diplomatic relations (Dec. 17, 2014)
Oct. 11, 2012, 12:45 PM
Sep. 16, 2011, 12:49 PM
Aug. 26, 2011, 4:27 PMHeating and air conditioning manufacturers Lennox (LII +5.3%) and Watsco (WSO +4.6%) finish the day on the positive side after being upped to buy on valuation at KeyBanc. The firm says both companies are in the midst of cutting costs to offset the effects of weak demand, and will likely outperform when the economy rebounds. | Aug. 26, 2011, 4:27 PM
Watsco, Inc. engages in distribution of air conditioning, heating and refrigeration equipment and related parts. Its products include residential central air conditioners, gas, electric and oil furnaces, commercial air conditioning and heating equipment and systems, and other specialized... More
Industry: Electronics Wholesale
Country: United States
Other News & PR