What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Nov. 25, 2014, 8:32 AM
- Shares of Wet Seal (NASDAQ:WTSL) are in freefall after the company announced it was exploring strategic alternatives.
- WTSL -18.4% premarket.
Oct. 2, 2014, 4:10 PM
- Wet Seal (NASDAQ:WTSL) announces the resignation of CFO Steve Benrubi.
- The exec will stay with the company until December 1 to help with the transition to a new CFO.
Sep. 26, 2014, 3:43 PM
- Wet Seal (WTSL +5%) is on the move on news that Jon Kubo is returning to the teen retailer, this time filling the newly created position of chief digital officer, effective Oct. 6.
- Kubo will oversee e-commerce, digital marketing and the IT organization to integrate digital consumer experiences throughout the business.
- He previously worked for WTSL during 2005-2011 as chief information officer and the head of its e-commerce operations.
Sep. 18, 2014, 10:44 AM
- Uniqlo (OTCPK:FRCOY) aims to have 39 stores up and running in the U.S. by the middle of November as it builds out its fast-fashion brand with consumers.
- The company has a goal to have 200 stores in the U.S. by 2020.
- What to watch Though traditional rivals for Uniqlo include Zara (OTCPK:IDEXY), Hennes & Mauritz (OTCPK:HMRZF), and Gap (NYSE:GPS) - an explosive growth run by Uniqlo could threaten clothing chains (AEO, ARO, ANF, PSUN, ZUMZ, EXPR, BKE, URBN, WTSL, JNY, CACH, CATO, BEBE, TLYS) up and down the retail sector over the longer term.
Sep. 15, 2014, 12:20 PM
- Mall retailer stocks start off the week in sluggish fashion, trailing broad market averages.
- Channel checks on back-to-school traffic at malls have come in below expectations, although some analysts think e-commerce gains will offset.
- Sales for retail clothing stores rose 0.3% M/M and 3.2% Y/Y in August.
- Decliners: Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) -3.1%, Express (NYSE:EXPR) -2.2%, Pacific Sunwear (NASDAQ:PSUN) -2.2%, American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO) -1.6%, Wet Seal (NASDAQ:WTSL) -2.1%, Buckle (NYSE:BKE) -1.0%, Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN) -1.1%, Zumiez (NASDAQ:ZUMZ) -1.9%.
Sep. 10, 2014, 4:09 PM
- The Wet Seal (NASDAQ:WTSL): FQ2 EPS of -$0.15 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $121.17M (-11.7% Y/Y)
Sep. 9, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 3, 2014, 1:57 PM
- Wet Seal (WTSL -21.9%) announces that it will initiate a rights offering to help it raise capital.
- The company says between $25M and $30M share worth of Class A common stock will be sold to investors.
- A private placement of $18.5M in common stock is also in the works.
Sep. 3, 2014, 12:46 PM
Sep. 2, 2014, 5:38 PM
Aug. 26, 2014, 1:48 PM
- Retail sales were strong across the sector, according to ICSC.
- Wholesale clubs (COST, PSMT, WMT), dollar stores (DLTR, DG, FDO), and apparel sellers (AAP, AEO, ANF, JCP, JNY, JWN, KSS, LB, M, URBN, PSUN, BKE, WTSL, GPS) all tracked strong for the week.
- Sales for the month are forecast to rise 4% to 5%, compared to last year's 3.6% rise.
Jun. 13, 2014, 7:17 AM
- Teen retailer stock could be active today after Express catches the interest of Sycamore Partners.
- The P-E firm has already collected a few other similar brands to Express in its stable.
- On watch: Zumiez (ZUMZ), American Eagle Outfitters (AEO), Pacific Sunwear (PSUN), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF), Wet Seal (WTSL), Vera Bradley (VRA), Aeropostale (AEO).
May 28, 2014, 12:47 PM
May 28, 2014, 9:13 AM
May 27, 2014, 4:07 PM
- The Wet Seal (WTSL): Q1 EPS of -$0.18 in-line.
- Revenue of $116.72M (-16.9% Y/Y) misses by $0.68M.
May 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
Other News & PR