Tue, Sep. 20, 4:46 PM
- via Bespoke - see table
- Five of the stocks have > 50% of their shares sold short.
- SHLD leads the pack.
Tue, Sep. 13, 12:21 PM
- Shares of Weight Watchers (WTW -6.7%) are very volatile a day after the company's CEO stepped down. Volume is already about 2X normal daily activity.
- The company says board member Oprah Winfrey will be "actively involved" in the search for a new CEO. A source also dismissed rumors first kicked up by DealReporter that a private equity deal might be in the works.
Tue, Sep. 13, 4:17 AM
- Oprah Winfrey will help Weight Watchers (NYSE:WTW) pick a new leader, about a year after the media mogul disclosed a 10% stake in the company.
- Yesterday, CEO James Chambers announced his resignation after he and the board of directors, which includes Winfrey, made a "joint decision" that he should leave.
- The stock, which dropped 5% AH, is down 55% YTD.
Mon, Sep. 12, 5:39 PM
Mon, Sep. 12, 4:40 PM
- Weight Watchers (NYSE:WTW) announces that CEO James Chambers has resigned from his position with the company, effective September 30,
- The board is already into the process of searching for a new CEO and has created an interim Office of the Chief Executive Officer. The three members of the Office of the CEO are Nicholas Hotchkin, Chief Financial Officer, Thilo Semmelbauer, Director, and Christopher Sobecki, Director.
- Source: Press Release
- WTW -5.41% AH to $9.80.
Fri, Aug. 5, 10:16 AM
- Weight Watchers (WTW -8.1%) is lower after the company missed estimates with its Q2 report.
- Sales came in flat compared to a year ago despite the involvement of Oprah Winfrey at the consumer level.
- The company ended the quarter with 2.937M subscribers vs. 2.79M a year ago.
- Shares of WTW are now down 63% from their post-Oprah high and are dangerously close to slipping into single-digits.
- Previously: Weight Watchers misses by $0.04, misses on revenue (Aug. 4)
Fri, Aug. 5, 9:12 AM
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:20 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Tue, Jun. 28, 9:18 AM| Tue, Jun. 28, 9:18 AM | 1 Comment
Thu, May 12, 11:22 AM
Fri, May 6, 3:29 PM
- Weight Watchers (WTW -5.1%) CEO Jim Chambers says the company anticipates that Oprah Winfrey will increase her role in the future. The board member and stakeholder has already done wonders for shares with just a few well-timed tweets.
- Her participation with marketing efforts will be especially important during the post-holiday busy season in the weight management industry.
- Shares of Weight Watchers are back below $13 after a strong early reaction to Q1 earnings.
- Previously: Weight Watchers beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (May 4)
- Previously: Weight Watchers rallies after boosting guidance (May 5)
Thu, May 5, 9:12 AM
- Gainers: SYNC +143%. LGCY +31%. AAWW +27%. EPE +21%. FCEL +19%. WTW +15%. DNR +14%. ZNGA +14%. CHK +13%. BCEI +12%. UNXL +12%. ARRS +10%. CRC +10%. CLMT +9%. ORIG +9%. QRVO +8%. GSV +8%. HMY +8%. VNR +7%. MEET +7%. SDRL 7%. CLR 6%. SGYP 6%. OAS 5%. REGN 5%. BABA 5%. AUY 5%.
- Losers: PTX -37%. FRSH -27%. SQNM -19%. FIT -13%. EBIO -11%. LB -10%. WFT -9%. SEAS -8%. ABC -8%. CTL -5%.
Thu, May 5, 8:19 AM
- Weight Watchers (NYSE:WTW) is higher after reporting a 5% increase in global subscribers at the end of Q1. Subscriber growth in North America was +11%.
- The company's results were strong enough during the quarter to spur it to increase EPS guidance to a range of $0.80 to $1.05 vs. $0.87 consensus.
- Earnings call transcript
- WTW +13.69% premarket to $14.20.
Wed, May 4, 5:37 PM
Wed, May 4, 4:32 PM