Weight Watchers International, Inc.NYSE
Thu, May 5, 9:12 AM
- Gainers: SYNC +143%. LGCY +31%. AAWW +27%. EPE +21%. FCEL +19%. WTW +15%. DNR +14%. ZNGA +14%. CHK +13%. BCEI +12%. UNXL +12%. ARRS +10%. CRC +10%. CLMT +9%. ORIG +9%. QRVO +8%. GSV +8%. HMY +8%. VNR +7%. MEET +7%. SDRL 7%. CLR 6%. SGYP 6%. OAS 5%. REGN 5%. BABA 5%. AUY 5%.
- Losers: PTX -37%. FRSH -27%. SQNM -19%. FIT -13%. EBIO -11%. LB -10%. WFT -9%. SEAS -8%. ABC -8%. CTL -5%.
Thu, May 5, 8:19 AM
- Weight Watchers (NYSE:WTW) is higher after reporting a 5% increase in global subscribers at the end of Q1. Subscriber growth in North America was +11%.
- The company's results were strong enough during the quarter to spur it to increase EPS guidance to a range of $0.80 to $1.05 vs. $0.87 consensus.
- Earnings call transcript
- WTW +13.69% premarket to $14.20.
Wed, May 4, 5:37 PM
Wed, May 4, 4:32 PM
- Weight Watchers (NYSE:WTW): Q1 EPS of -$0.17 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $306.9M (-4.7% Y/Y) misses by $2M.
- Shares +10.54%.
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Mon, May 2, 9:41 AM
- Weight Watchers (NYSE:WTW) begins the week with an 1.6% jump after a channel check from ITG shows the company tracking ahead of Q1 estimates.
- Shares of Weight Watchers have been on a roller coaster ride ever since Oprah Winfrey's stake was announced last fall. The 52-week trading range is $3.67 to $28.05.
Fri, Apr. 1, 3:47 AM
- While the rates of obesity have leveled off in some countries where it's already a public health concern, other places are seeing their obesity rates increase, propping up the global average.
- "Over the past four decades, we have transitioned from a world in which underweight prevalence was more than double that of obesity, to one in which more people are obese than underweight," according to a study published in The Lancet.
- By 2025, one-fifth of adults around the world are forecast to be obese, including 40% of adults in the U.S.
- Related tickers: NUTR, PLNT, WTW, NTRI, FIT, HLF, VVUS, ARNA, GNC, MED, NATR, OREX, LTM, FINL
Fri, Mar. 4, 10:08 AM
- Planet Fitness (NYSE:PLNT) is up 10.3% after posting strong Q4 results. System-wide same-store sales growth of 6% topped estimates.
- Weight Watchers (NYSE:WTW) is 6% higher. Oprah didn't tweet or anything, but some insiders bought more shares (SEC filings).
- Town Sports International Holdings (NASDAQ:CLUB) is making a 1% gain even with the broad stock market in negative territory.
- Looking ahead, boutique fitness chain SoulCycle (OTCQB:SOUL) is still expected to launch its IPO this year. Equinox CEO Harvey Spevak says the SoulCycle brand is in such great demand that the company can't satisfy it all.
Thu, Mar. 3, 6:40 PM
- Weight Watchers (NYSE:WTW) director Sacha Lainovic discloses he bought 83K shares on Tuesday at $12.04. Fellow director Phillippe Amouyal bought 30K shares on Tuesday at $11.86.
- WTW +1.6% after hours to $14.27. The purchases came less than a week after Weight Watchers plunged in the wake of a Q4 EPS miss.
Fri, Feb. 26, 12:45 PM
Fri, Feb. 26, 11:11 AM
- Weight Watchers (NYSE:WTW) is down 25% after reporting disappointing earnings. The company didn't catch the bounce in activity that many expected from the addition of Oprah Winfrey as an investor and spokesperson.
- Key metrics: Period active subscribers -4.8% Y/Y to 2.389M, online paid weeks -16% to 18.4M, online subscribers -4.3% to 1.391M, total paid weeks -17% to 33.4M.
- Perhaps the biggest pullout from the report, the Oprah deal cost over $0.10 per share in expenses.
- Previously: Weight Watchers misses by $0.05, beats on revenue (Feb. 25 2016)
Fri, Feb. 26, 9:17 AM
- Gainers: RRM +49%. SUNE +31%. AMTG +31%. SGMS +27%. STMP +26%. GOL +19%. SPLK +17%. JCP +16%. HLF +13%. BIDU +11%. SYN +10%. GLBL +8%. WLL +9%. FCX +7%. CHK +7%. PANW +8%. NRF +6%. TCK +6%. MRO +6%. KHC +6%. GRPN 5%. HLT 5%.
- Losers: RJET -83%. PPHM -60%. CARA -36%. WTW -28%. SWN -14%. GG -11%. FOLD -9%. RBS -8%. MNKD -6%. ARI -5%.
Thu, Feb. 25, 5:45 PM
Thu, Feb. 25, 4:32 PM
- Weight Watchers (NYSE:WTW): Q4 EPS of -$0.03 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $259.2M (-20.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.53M.
- Shares -18.6%.
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ADSK, AEGR, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMH, ATLS, AXLL, BGS, BIDU, BIO, BLOX, BMRN, BVN, CBI, CBPO, CLVS, COWN, CSU, CVT, DGI, DK, DKL, DLR, EBS, ENV, EOG, EVC, GERN, GG, GPS, GSAT, HASI, HEI, HK, HLF, HTGC, HWAY, IART, IM, IMMR, INTU, KBR, KHC, KND, KW, KWR, LYV, MACK, MAIN, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNST, MTZ, NDLS, NNI, NTRI, OLED, OUT, OVAS, PANW, PBA, PEGA, PFMT, PODD, PRAA, RARE, RBA, RLOC, RPTP, RRC, RRMS, RTRX, SBAC, SEM, SEMG, SPLK, SPNC, SSRI, STAG, STMP, STRZA, SWN, TSRO, TWOU, TXMD, UHS, WIFI, WPG, WTW, XNPT, ZOES
Mon, Feb. 22, 9:58 AM
- Weight Watchers (NYSE:WTW) is down 8% in early trading.
- The decline cuts into Friday's large rally after a study funded by the company indicated that adults with prediabetes benefit from weight management programs.
- Previously: Weight Watchers rallies after favorable IU School of Medicine study (Feb. 19 2016)
- Previously: Weight Watchers funded study that led to 18% pop (Feb. 20 2016)