The Western Union CompanyNYSE
Western Union: Rising Tide May Fail To Lift The Big Boat
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Tue, Nov. 1, 4:06 PM
Mon, Oct. 31, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACHC, AFG, AGII, AMSG, BFAM, BGFV, BIO, BLKB, BYD, CACC, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAVM, CERN, CHSP, CHUY, CIM, CNO, CSU, CUZ, CYH, DATA, DEI, DENN, DNB, DV, DVN, DXCM, EA, EIX, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ES, ESIO, ETSY, EXTR, FARO, FIVN, FLT, FRPT, FTAI, FTR, GHDX, GILD, HLF, HRZN, HURN, HWAY, HY, ICFI, ILMN, IPHI, JCOM, JIVE, KFRC, KS, LOCK, MOD, MTCH, MTDR, MTW, MXWL, MYGN, NBL, NFX, NVGS, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMED, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PDM, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PRTA, PXD, QUAD, QUOT, REG, RGR, RIGL, RNR, RPAI, RPT, RSPP, SANM, SBAC, SHO, SM, SQ, TCO, TNAV, TNDM, TNET, TRMB, TRNC, TRUP, TSE, TSRA, TTOO, TXRH, ULTI, VECO, VIAV, VRSK, WBMD, WES, WGP, WING, WR, WSTC, WTR, WU, X, XCO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZG
Mon, Oct. 3, 9:45 AM
- September monthly performance was: 0%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +5%
- $0.30 in dividends were paid in September
- Top 10 Holdings as of 8/31/2016: ONEOK Inc (OKE): 2.65651%, Mattel Inc (MAT): 1.45713%, CenterPoint Energy Inc (CNP): 1.28361%, Frontier Communications Corp Class B (FTR): 1.10651%, Coach Inc (COH): 1.05319%, Macquarie Infrastructure Corp (MIC): 0.97241%, Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP): 0.92968%, CMS Energy Corp (CMS): 0.8697%, SCANA Corp (SCG): 0.85871%, The Western Union Co (WU): 0.82708%
Wed, Aug. 3, 4:04 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AGO, AGU, ALB, ALIM, ALL, ANDE, AREX, ATO, AWK, AWR, BBRG, BFAM, BGC, BIO, BKH, BNFT, BREW, BYD, CABO, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CF, CHDN, CIM, CLR, CNAT, CODI, CPA, CSGS, CSII, CTL, CXW, DENN, DEPO, DK, DKL, DPM, ECR, EPE, EPR, EQIX, ERII, ETE, ETP, EVC, EVHC, EXAR, EXEL, EXTR, FIVN, FOXA, FRGI, FRSH, FSLR, G, GBDC, GDDY, GERN, GPOR, HABT, HASI, HI, HIL, HIVE, HLF, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAG, IL, INOV, IO, IRG, ITRI, JACK, JCOM, JONE, JRVR, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LPI, MASI, MC, MED, MET, MNR, MRO, MTDR, MUSA, MWA, NBIX, NKTR, NLY, NNBR, NP, NSIT, NSTG, OAS, OME, OSUR, PDM, PE, PEGA, PMT, PODD, PRA, PRU, PRXL, QLYS, QTWO, QUIK, REXR, RICE, RIG, RIGP, RLJ, RMP, RNG, RP, RST, RYN, SBY, SEMI, SGMO, SNCR, SQ, SQNM, SRC, SSS, STAA, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TDOC, TEAR, TEP, TLLP, TRIP, TRNC, TROX, TS, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TTEC, TWO, UHAL, VTAE, VVC, WCN, WGL, WMC, WPG, WPX, WU, XEC, XPO
Fri, Jul. 15, 10:10 AM
- Wells Fargo ticks off 20 S&P 500 stocks with the most upside potential vs. consensus, and the 20 with the most downside risk vs. consensus.
- The list is compiled by comparing the midpoint of Wells Fargo Securities valuation ranges to consensus fair value estimates, volatility adjusting the percentage difference, and ranking the resulting score.
- Upside: AEE, BEN, CCL, DVA, EIX, ES, EXC, FTR, HUM, INTC, JNJ, LNT, PEG, PNW, SCG, T, WEC, WU, XEL, XOM.
- Downside: ANTM, C, CI, COF, EQT, FOXA, FSLR, GS, KIM, LH, MON, MSI, MYL, NVDA, NWSA, SLG, TIF, TSO, UA, WLTW.
Thu, Jul. 14, 1:18 PM
Thu, Jul. 7, 8:48 AM
- Shares of Western Union (NYSE:WU) are on watch after Barclays chimes in with a stinging downgrade to Underweight from Equal Weight.
- Barclays tags Western Union with a price target of $20 which is still slightly above yesterday's closing price of $19.18.
- Western Union has traded in a relatively narrow range over the last year.
Tue, Jul. 5, 8:43 AM
- Western Union (NYSE:WU) announces it signed an agreement with Walmart de Mexico y Centroamérica to offer international money transfer services under Western Union brands throughout Mexico.
- Customers will be able to receive their money transfer transactions across 1,266 Bodega Aurrera, Mi Bodega Aurrera, Walmart, Superama and Suburbia stores in all of Mexico’s 31 states and in Mexico City.
- The companies expect to activate services during the third quarter of 2016.
- Western Union has operated in Mexico for the past two decades and currently has a network of nearly 13,600 Western Union, Vigo and Orlandi Valuta branded Agent locations in the country.
- The company has just announced its money transfer services can now be directed from the US to almost 100% of Mexican bank accounts.
- Walmart will continue to offer services from other money transfer providers.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Jun. 21, 8:37 AM
- Western Union Company (NYSE:WU), says it has grown its reach in Mexico with the ability to send money from the United States directly into nearly all bank accounts in Mexico.
- Customers in the United States can now send money into bank accounts in Mexico via the Western Union mobile app/website and retail agent location channels/
- The company has also significantly increased the amount of Western Union Agent locations in Mexico to nearly 13,600 after adding 3,200 locations in 2015 across brands.
- In 2015, remittances to Mexico totaled $24.8B, according to Banco de Mexico, growing 4.75 percent over 2014. While U.S. senders account for more than 90 percent of the money moved into Mexico, Western Union transferred money to Mexico from more than 180 countries last year.
- There are more than 80M bank accounts in Mexico, according to the National Banking and Stock Commission.
- Source: Press Release
Thu, May 12, 1:19 PM
- Western Union (NYSE:WU) declares $0.16/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.35%
- Payable June 30; for shareholders of record June 16; ex-div June 14.
Tue, May 3, 4:11 PM
- Western Union (NYSE:WU): Q1 EPS of $0.37 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.3B (-1.5% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN
Tue, Apr. 12, 5:40 PM
Tue, Apr. 5, 12:34 PM
- Donald Trump reveals he would limit money transfers to Mexico as part of his plan to force Mexico to pay for a massive wall along the border. The GOP candidate wants a one-time payment of $5B to $10B to pay for the project.
- There's no sense of panic among investors of money transfer firms Western Union (WU -0.8%), PayPal (PYPL -0.9%), and MoneyGram (MGI +0.7%) which would see a decline in business in the unlikely event the proposal became a reality.
Mon, Mar. 21, 9:36 AM
- Western Union (WU +0.4%) announces it will launch money services in Cuba after clearing the regulatory approval process.
- The company expects the services to be active by the end of Q2.