What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Fri, Jan. 29, 1:41 PM
- Susquehanna notes that a strong U.S. dollar is likely to force 2016 EPS estimates lower on major global food and beverage names.
- The blended drop vs. the U.S. dollar of the Euro, Canadian Dollar, UK Pound, Mexican Peso, and Brazilian Real is -10%, analyst Pablo Zuniac. Other firms are likely to have factored in a less disruptive F/X market with their 2016 estimates.
- Companies in harm's way include KO, MDLZ, BUD, TAP, GMCR, WWAV, CCE, KHC, and K.
- Related ETF: PBJ.
Dec. 15, 2015, 9:33 AM
- Egg prices fell 4.8% in November to follow a 3.8% slide in October.
- The level of egg prices is still 23.7% higher than a year ago, due largely to the avian flu issue earlier this year.
- Milk prices were also lower during November, down 0.7% M/M and 7.7% Y/Y. The broader dairy category saw price declines of 3.4% Y/Y and 0.6% M/M.
- These are some of the companies that talked about milk or egg prices being a factor during their most recent earnings conference call: CALM, KO, DF, WWAV, GIS, POST, KR, DG, OTCPK:PRRFY, BDBD, GTIM, BOBE, HRL, FLO, JJSF, DENN, MCD.
- BLS CPI data
Nov. 16, 2015, 1:59 PM
- WhiteWave Foods (WWAV -1.5%) announces it Blaine McPeak will fill the newly created position of Chief Operating Officer.
- McPeak is the President of Americas Foods & Beverages.
- The company also disclosed that CFO Kelly Haecker will retire on March 31, 2016 to be replaced by Greg Christenson who currently is the CFO of Americas Foods & Beverages.
Nov. 9, 2015, 10:00 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (WWAV +4.1%) reports organic sales rose 11% in Q3.
- Segment sales: Americas Foods & Beverages: $722.52M (+23%); Americas Fresh Foods: $147.30M (+4%); Europe Foods & Beverages: $134.81M (+4%).
- Adjusted gross margin rate grew 110 bps to 35.3%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate improved 70 bps to 10.2%.
Q4 Guidance: Net sales growth: +13% to +14% (+15% to +16% on a constant currency basis); Adjusted operating income growth: + high twenties
to low thirties %; Interest expense: $19M to $20M; Tax rate: ~34%; Adjusted diluted EPS: $0.32 to $0.33; Adjusted Diluted EPS Excluding China J.V.: $0.34 to $0.35; Interest Neutral Adj. Diluted EPS Excluding China J.V.: $0.34 to $0.35.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales growth: ~+13% (~+16% on a constant currency basis); Adjusted operating income growth: + low to mid twenties %; Interest expense: ~$58M to $59M; Tax rate: ~354; Adjusted diluted EPS: $1.10 to $1.11; Adjusted Diluted EPS Excluding China J.V.: $1.17 to $1.18; Interest Neutral Adj. Diluted EPS Excluding China J.V.: $1.23 to $1.24; Capital expenditure: ~$300M.
Nov. 9, 2015, 9:04 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV): Q3 EPS of $0.33 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $1B (+16.6% Y/Y) beats by $25.14M.
Nov. 8, 2015, 5:30 PM
Sep. 4, 2015, 10:30 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (WWAV +0.5%) is beating market averages after William Blair initiates coverage on the food stock with an Outperform rating.
- The company is consider well-positioned to take advantage of the ongoing consumer shift to natural/organic foods, but valuation concerns and some exposure in China have held shares back from cresting $53.
Aug. 28, 2015, 11:10 AM
- There's plenty of precedent for the recent market action, says Morgan Stanley's Adam Parker, noting the market has dropped more than 5% 16 times since March 2009, and each time has moved on to new highs.
- His half-glass view is that the economy is in the middle of its longest expansion ever, and a less-active Fed, a nervous consumer maybe saving more, a lower oil price, and a flattish dollar all argue for continued expansion.
- Morgan's top ideas to buy on the pullback: AGN, AMZN, AAPL, AVGO, BAC, BKU, DAL, GILD, GOOG, GOOGL, HLT, JPM, KR, LEN, LMCK, MGA, MBLY, NWL, QCOM, SABR, CRM, SBAC, SBUX, BX, TMO, VRSK, WWAV, XL.
Aug. 19, 2015, 11:38 AM
- Large food companies need to focus on bold M&A and innovation actions over recharging iconic brands, concludes Rabobank in a new report on the sector.
- A shift in consumer preferences has sparked a need to introduce new brands which are on trend - instead of focusing on "innovation-lite" and product reformulation strategies. Buying promising brands at an earlier stage than normal is seen as a forward-thinking strategy.
- Related stocks: KHC, MDLZ, PEP, KO, OTCPK:NSRGY, OTCPK:NSRGF, WWAV, HAIN, K, GIS, POST, CPB, PF, THS.
Aug. 7, 2015, 8:43 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) announces it will acquire Wallaby Yogurt Company for an undisclosed amount.
- The purchase will give the company a stronger presence in the natural yogurt channel.
- Napa Valley-based Wallaby has high concentration of availability in stores in California as well as at Whole Foods stores nationally.
Aug. 7, 2015, 8:18 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) rode strong sales growth in its Americas Foods & Beverages and Europe Foods & Beverages segments in Q2.
- The plant-based foods and beverages category saw sales growth of 26% Y/Y.
- The company expects a $0.06 benefit in 2016 from the acquisition of Vega.
- Guidance: WhiteWave expects Q3 sales of 14% to 15% and operating income growth in the high teens to low twenties rate. Full-year sales growth of 12% to 13% seen and EPS of $1.07-$1.10 vs. $1.14 consensus.
- Previously: WhiteWave Foods beats by $0.01, misses on revenue
- WWAV -4.41% premarket to $48.38.
Aug. 7, 2015, 8:02 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV): Q2 EPS of $0.26 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $923.63M (+10.2% Y/Y) misses by $4.65M.
Aug. 6, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jul. 17, 2015, 9:19 AM
- Today's read on consumer prices led to a completely different story for milk and eggs.
- The broad milk price category was down 1.1% M/M and 7.1% Y/Y to offer some relief for a wide variety of companies that includes McDonald's (NYSE:MCD), Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), Dean Foods (NYSE:DF), WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV), and General Mills (NYSE:GIS). Milk prices also fell in April and May.
- Egg prices skyrocketed 18.3% M/M and are now 22% higher from a year ago on an unadjusted basis. Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) has been shooting higher all year off of elevated egg prices amid an avian flu outbreak.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics CPI data
Jun. 18, 2015, 12:22 PM
Jun. 10, 2015, 7:40 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) acquires Vega for $550M.
- Vegas is active in the growing plant-based nutrition industry and reported sales of over $100M for the last 12 months.
- WhiteWave expects the impact of the purchase to be neutral to slightly positive to EPS in 2015 and add $0.06 to EPS in 2016.
- The deal is expected to close in Q3.
The Whitewave Foods Company operates as a consumer packaged food and beverage company. The Company manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells branded plant-based foods and beverages, coffee creamers and beverages, and premium dairy products.
Other News & PR