Tue, May 10, 9:27 AM
- World Wresting Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) has picked up 3.2% premarket after it beat on top and bottom lines with its Q1 earnings report and saw operating income growth coming in the second half.
- Revenue rose 13% on a pro forma basis (WrestleMania occurred in Q2 this year, vs. Q1 last year), while OIBDA was up 31% and up 29% on pro forma basis.
- Revenues by segment: In Media Division, Network, $40.3M (up 7.2%); Television, $60.7M (up 4.3%); Home Entertainment, $3.3M (down 29.8%); Digital Media, $5.4M (up 27.9%); Live Events, $25.3M (down 35.6%). In Consumer Products, Licensing, $21M (up 27.3%); Venue Merchandise, $5.5M (down 34.5%); WWEShop, $6.8M (up 28.3%); WWE Studios, $2M (up 33%).
- The WWE Network averaged 1.29M paid subs (up 39%) in growing to 1.47M subs at Q1's end. And it hit a record 1.82M total subs after WrestleMania (again, in Q2 this year). Content drew 10B YouTube views over the past 12 months, the company says.
- It's guiding to average paid subs of 1.5M in Q2, and adjusted OIBDA of about $5M-$9M.
- Conference call to come at 11 a.m. ET.
- Press Release
Tue, May 10, 8:33 AM
Mon, May 9, 5:30 PM| Mon, May 9, 5:30 PM | 1 Comment
Thu, Feb. 11, 9:42 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) is up 1% after it boosted revenue 18% and grew subscribers for its over-the-top service during its Q4, where it beat profit expectations.
- Revenue by segment: Media Division, $106.6M (up 19.1%); Live Events, $32.9M (up 22.3%); Consumer Products Division, $24M (up 17.6%); WWE Studios, $1.8M (down 38%).
- The WWE Network ended the quarter with 1.22M paid subscribers and touched 1.24M in the quarter, up 72% Y/Y. WWE premiered more than 85 hours of original content and has built its on-demand library to more than 4,300 hours.
- For Q1 it's projecting average paid subs of 1.28M, about a 38% gain from the prior year. It notes WrestleMania will happen on April 3 (second quarter) compared to last year's first-quarter event. It sees adjusted OIBDA of $15M-$19M.
- Conference call to come at 11 a.m. ET.
- Press Release
Thu, Feb. 11, 8:33 AM
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AB, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AVP, AYR, BG, BTU, BWA, CCE, COR, CPLA, CVE, DBD, FAF, FLIR, GNC, GPI, GRA, HUN, INCY, INT, IVC, K, KKR, LC, LIOX, LPX, MANU, MFC, MGI, MOS, MWW, NCI, NICE, NILE, NLSN, NNN, NOK, NTWK, NWE, OZM, PAG, PDS, PEP, PNK, Q, RAI, SHPG, SON, STC, TAP, TCK, TEVA, TGH, THS, TIME, TRI, TRIP, TZOO, VG, WBC, WOOF, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Oct. 29, 2015, 8:35 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE): Q3 EPS of $0.14 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $166.2M (+38.3% Y/Y) beats by $14.32M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Jul. 30, 2015, 8:45 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE): Q2 EPS of $0.07 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $150.2M (-3.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.5M.
Apr. 30, 2015, 8:38 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE): Q1 EPS of $0.13 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $176.2M (+40.3% Y/Y) beats by $4.75M.
- Shares +3.8% PM.
Feb. 12, 2015, 9:05 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) trades higher after the company tops earnings estimates.
- Network segment revenue was up 64% during the period.
- Revenue from the Asia Pacific region topped $10M for the first time.
- Consumer product revenue +22.9% to $20.4M.
- WWE Network subs +12% Q/Q to 816K.
- WWE +6.58% premarket to $14.25.
Feb. 12, 2015, 9:01 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE): Q4 EPS of -$0.01 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $140.5M (+18.7% Y/Y) beats by $4.8M.
- Shares +6.58% PM.
Oct. 30, 2014, 9:18 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) reports its WWE Network expanded to 731K subscribers in Q3.
- 31K subscriber were added during the period - 3K in the U.S. and 28K international.
- The company's media division increased revenue by 5.8% to $76.9M.
- Live events revenue -13.1% to $21.8M.
- Strategy: The company plans a new pricing plan of $9.99 per month beginning on November 1.
- WWE +1.7% premarket.
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:57 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE): Q3 EPS of -$0.01 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $120.2M (+6.1% Y/Y) misses by $13M.
- Shares +1.73% PM.
Jul. 31, 2014, 3:58 PM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE +3.2%) is an unusual gainer in an otherwise down day, after reporting a smaller than expected Q2 loss and announcing a 10-year deal with Rogers Media to be the exclusive distribution partner of all WWE pay-per-view events throughout Canada.
- The company plans to get its WWE Network to 1.4M subscribers; almost twice the number it had at the end of Q2; to achieve that, it announces new pricing options and plans to cut its workforce by 7%.
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. is an integrated media and entertainment company, which is principally engaged in the development, production and marketing of television and pay-per-view event programming and live events and the licensing and sale of consumer products featuring its brands.... More
Industry: Entertainment - Diversified
Country: United States
Other News & PR