Thu, Apr. 16, 1:57 PM| 8 Comments
Mon, Mar. 30, 1:06 PM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE -16%) falls sharply lower after the company discloses some streaming subscriber information.
- CEO Vince McMahon says the online TV network has 1.3M subscribers after running a free promotion in February.
- Execs indicated during Q&A that they would stick with a pricing of $9.99 for the service.
- A total subscriber count of 3M to 4M users is still the company's goal.
- Shares of WWE are still up 13.2% YTD despite today's slide.
- WWE Network Wrestlemania conference call webcast.
Mon, Mar. 23, 11:36 AM
- NBCUniversal (NASDAQ:CMCSA) and wrestling behemoth WWE (WWE +1.1%) are tightening their alliance when it comes to advertising and marketing, forming a new approach that will lead to unified campaigns across media platforms.
- WWE wrestling has run on NBCU's USA Network and Syfy for years, and while NBCU has handled TV ads, WWE has focused on digital and social marketing. Last year the two companies renewed their deal to keep the wrestling programs on NBC outlets in exchange for about $200M in licensing fees.
- The new strategic pact comes as advertisers begin to focus more on upfronts, where TV nets sell most of their ad inventory. A unified approach could help NBCU and WWE wield more power.
- Paramount has jumped into the new deal, agreeing to heavily cross-promote and advertise Terminator: Genisys with Wrestlemania and other events from spring through to the film's summer release.
Thu, Feb. 12, 9:15 AM| 5 Comments
Thu, Feb. 12, 9:05 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) trades higher after the company tops earnings estimates.
- Network segment revenue was up 64% during the period.
- Revenue from the Asia Pacific region topped $10M for the first time.
- Consumer product revenue +22.9% to $20.4M.
- WWE Network subs +12% Q/Q to 816K.
- WWE +6.58% premarket to $14.25.
Thu, Feb. 12, 9:01 AM| Comment!
Thu, Feb. 5, 2:48 PM| Comment!
Nov. 19, 2014, 9:42 AM| 1 Comment
Oct. 30, 2014, 9:18 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) reports its WWE Network expanded to 731K subscribers in Q3.
- 31K subscriber were added during the period - 3K in the U.S. and 28K international.
- The company's media division increased revenue by 5.8% to $76.9M.
- Live events revenue -13.1% to $21.8M.
- Strategy: The company plans a new pricing plan of $9.99 per month beginning on November 1.
- WWE +1.7% premarket.
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:57 AM| Comment!
Oct. 24, 2014, 2:23 PM| Comment!
Oct. 22, 2014, 2:37 PM
- Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE -7.1%) slide lower again as sentiment remains shaky following a short presentation yesterday by Mangrove Partners.
- "We think people are really unhappy and that the number of [[streaming]] additions is going to prove very disappointing," warns analyst Nathaniel August.
Oct. 21, 2014, 1:16 PM| Comment!
Jul. 31, 2014, 3:58 PM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE +3.2%) is an unusual gainer in an otherwise down day, after reporting a smaller than expected Q2 loss and announcing a 10-year deal with Rogers Media to be the exclusive distribution partner of all WWE pay-per-view events throughout Canada.
- The company plans to get its WWE Network to 1.4M subscribers; almost twice the number it had at the end of Q2; to achieve that, it announces new pricing options and plans to cut its workforce by 7%.
Jul. 31, 2014, 8:45 AM| Comment!
Jul. 25, 2014, 2:43 PM| Comment!
WWE vs. ETF Alternatives
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc is an integrated media and entertainment company. It is engaged in the production and distribution of content through various channels including digital over-the-top (OTT) WWE Network, live events and feature films.
Other News & PR