Jul. 31, 2014, 6:04 PM
- Along with its Q2 results, Web.com (NASDAQ:WWWW) announces it's buying Scoot, owner of a U.K. online directory service with 2.6M+ listings. Web.com declares the deal gives it "a foothold in the UK market as we begin to build our knowledge base and a platform to serve the international markets." Terms are undisclosed.
- Q2 revenue was hurt by a decline in net customer adds to 38.5K from Q1's 50.6K. Total customers stood at 3.21M at quarter's end.
- ARPU was $14.89, up $0.14 Q/Q and $0.80 Y/Y. Churn was flat Q/Q and Y/Y at 1%.
- $35M in debt was paid down. Web.com ended Q2 with $14.6M in cash, and $527.1M in debt. The deferred revenue balance stood at $406.8M.
- The company says it's prioritizing "resources into the areas of our business that are driving strong growth and profitability while de-emphasizing those that are lower-margin and non-core."
- Q2 results, PR
Mar. 3, 2014, 2:40 PM
- Web.com (WWWW +1%), already the owner of two major domain name registrars in Network Solutions and Register.com, is adding SnapNames' domain name auction platform to its arsenal of small business-focused Web services. (PR)
- Acquisition terms are undisclosed. Web.com says it expects the deal, which comes with shares trading close to their all-time high of $37.39, to be "immaterial" to 2014 results.
WWWW vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR